Kaman Aerosystems (Kaman), a division of the aerospace segment of Kaman Corporation (NYSE:KAMN), announced today that Darlene Smith has been appointed Vice President and General Manager of Kaman’s Air Vehicles and MRO (AVMRO) division effective April 2, 2018.
In this role, Smith will lead Kaman’s aircraft OEM operations including sales, production and support of the K-MAX® medium-to-heavy lift helicopter and support for the worldwide fleet of SH-2G Super Seasprite naval helicopters.
Ms. Smith has over 35 years of experience in the Aerospace industry, including more than two decades with Pratt & Whitney where she held a number of increasingly responsible positions. She joined Kaman in 2001 where her experience crosses a variety of functional areas including operations, supply chain, OEM aftermarket sales, logistics, continuous improvement and business systems. She most recently served as Kaman’s Vice President – Supply Chain and Enterprise Performance. During her career Ms. Smith has been certified by APICS (CPIM) and obtained a Six Sigma Green Belt. She holds a Master of Management degree from Cambridge College.
- New US East Coast scheduled helicopter flights to launch in June
- US Army tests UH-60 Load Stability System Litter Attachment from Vita Inclinata
- Raytheon awarded $15M more on CV-22 countermeasures contract
- Veelo Technologies Helping to Keep Aircraft Rotor Blades Out of the Oven
- Avfuel Adds Webinar and Human Factors Course to Training System
- EHang provides details of sales contracts to refute Wolfpack allegations
- Bristow closes $400M Notes offering and pays off term loans
- Whirly-Girls International release 2021 Scholarship Recipients
- SAFE wins contract for US Army UH-60 work platforms
- TKK Orders 2nd EC135 FTD from FRASCA
- Schiebel first UAS Operator in Europe to receive LUC from Austro Control
- Cornwall Air Ambulance now carries blood products
- EHang 216 AAV completes first trial flights in Beijing airspace
- Emergency Services affected by Facebook Australia news ban
- Second group of Botswana police pilots training on Enstrom 480B
- Mauritius signs helicopter lease with India
- London’s Air Ambulance extends maintenance contract with SAS
- Bell Delivers Three Huey IIs to the Lebanese Air Force
- HAL Hands Over ALHs to the Indian Navy and Indian Coast Guard
- HAL’s LUH Receives IOC