Spectrum Aeromed announced this week that they have completed production on their newest Amendment: the AgustaWestland AW109SP STC with a light weight air ambulance interior.
Per the request of an industry-leading air ambulance customer operating in the Northeast, Spectrum designed and manufactured a new interior for their new AW109SP. Working closely with the medical crew and the aircraft manufacturer, Spectrum’s engineering team was able to meet the customer’s mission requirements.
The amended STC consists of a lower profile platform/housing module with storage area that secures the stretcher as well as a support mechanism that will allow the crew to easily load and unload the stretcher/Incubator Transport Deck.
The Tanis Heater shore power installation includes an open area with a shore power plug to allow the aircraft to charge electric batteries while not in operation.
New light-weight valance panels have been added to reduce the total weight of the interior to an estimated 45 pounds.
Spectrum Aeromed can design and manufacture customized Air Ambulance requirements for clients. If you have an air ambulance need for your rotor-wing or fixed-wing aircraft, please stop by booth #C6627.
- Triumph Awarded DLA Contract Extension
- Sikorsky grants Make-A-Wish® Foundation with a S-76 ride
- 7 trainee paramedics start at HIOW Air Ambulance
- Bristow FY2019 Q3 earnings release and concall scheduled
- Donate Items to the HFI Silent Auction
- USMC receives last UH-1Y Venom
- NEMSPA/USHST Joint IFR Helicopter Pilot Survey
- NHRMC Stations AirLink Aircraft at Medical Center
- CHC wins planning approval for Aberdeen facility upgrade
- Profile – Kathryn Purwin of Helinet
- DRF Luftrettung opens 10th night flight station
- Austin Peay introduces first helicopter in its rotor-wing fleet
- East Anglian Air Ambulance flies 25,000th mission
- EASA certifies Bell 206 TT straps from Lord Corporation
- NHV awarded new contract with Ørsted
- RUAG to upgrade eight Swiss Cougars
- JetNet to exhibit at NBAA Schedulers & Dispatchers Conference
- Lobo Leasing appoints Chief Technical Officer
- Indonesian Air Force places order for eight additional H225Ms
- 14-Jan-19 PP-ECF Airbus AS350BA Rio de Janeiro, Brazil (1F)