Overall investment to fund the expansions exceeds $16 million in construction and capital equipment.
“We are making this commitment to grow our capacity to meet the continued demands of our customers – on both legacy platforms and next generation engines — as well as to continue to provide the aerospace industry’s best delivery performance for component repair and manufacturing services,” said Rick Stine, President of StandardAero Components, Helicopters & Accessories.
The Cincinnati location expansion will include the build-out of an additional 200,000 sq. ft. of work space to accommodate component repair growth on new platforms, military and commercial engine component repair, as well as larger components.
Miami will add 30,000 sq. ft. of working space and capital improvements including the installation of a state-of-the-art clean line, an additional vacuum furnace as well as water jet cleaning capabilities. As a result, the facility will be able to repair large engine cases.
Hillsboro will be completing a 30,000 sq. ft. expansion to support new OEM manufacturing production, bringing the facility’s total manufacturing footprint to 115,000 square feet of space.
“These expanded capabilities also include dedicated processes for the repair, overhaul and manufacturing of various component types to support our customers’ engine needs,” Stine added.
StandardAero Component Services offers a full range of OEM-aligned repair, overhaul, and new make capabilities with process excellence, outstanding quality, competitive pricing and value that have all set the industry standard. Some of our major process capabilities include cleaning, NDT and inspection; thermal spray, HVOF, D-GunTM and Super D-GunTM, and cold spray coatings; plating; laser and conventional welding/brazing and heat treatment; painting, stripping and surface prep; manual and CNC machining; and extensive composite capabilities.
- Canada – Nipawin Council hires heliport designer
- Armenian Ministry of Emergency Situations to add firefighting helicopter
- Two helipads decommissioned in downtown San Diego
- Metro Aviation welcomes Duke Life Flight
- Leonardo celebrates the tenth anniversary of AW159 Wildcat’s first flight
- VSR700 prototype performs first flight
- EMSA extends Schiebel Camcopter contract in Croatia
- Sikorsky Innovations Announces 9th Entrepreneurial Challenge Awardees
- Bell joins army partnership for youth success program
- Metro Aviation provides flight demos of the EC145e at AMTC 2019
- HAI Names Recipient of Salute to Excellence Humanitarian Service Award
- The Helicopter Company of Saudi Arabia takes delivery of its first AW139
- HAI Announces 2020 Recipient of Salute to Excellence Safety Award
- Safran makes management appointments
- Metro seeks STC for Stryker configurations in EC145
- FAA creates ADS-B privacy opt-out
- Luxaviation Helicopters at FLIBS for first time
- Launch of HeliSpeed Academy
- Hampshire and IOW Air Ambulance Take Flight for 9,000th Mission
- HAI Announces Recipient of 2020 Salute to Excellence Lifetime Achievement Award