Voom is a wholly-owned subsidiary of Airbus Helicopters that was launched in 2016 as an on-demand helicopter booking platform allowing passengers to request a seat on a helicopter within minutes. By providing a more efficient transportation option to daily commuters, it aims to address challenges associated with rush-hour traffic by offering an alternative form of transportation in some of the world’s most congested cities.
Voom provides travelers both convenience and reliability in the most affordable and accessible way available today. Riders can book and take off in as little as 60 minutes or plan their trip up to seven days in advance, and only need to arrive at the helipad 15 minutes before boarding time. Offering several boardings per hour, the service’s convenience pairs with a significant savings in commute times.
With a population of 23.9 million people and well-known traffic congestion, Mexico City was a natural choice for Voom’s second launch. Furthermore, Mexico City has substantial helicopter infrastructure already in place, with more than 200 helipads in its metro area. Mexico also has a dedicated air traffic control for helicopters, allowing for more efficient air transportation.
For its Mexico City customers, Voom will be available at several locations, including Montes Urales and Interlomas, plus Mexico City International Airport and Toluca International Airport. The company anticipates its Montes Urales – Mexico City International Airport route to become one of its most popular due to its promise of a ten-minute ride to the airport in lieu of the typical two-hour trip during rush hour.
- Indonesian Army selects 9 Bell 412EPI
- NHV expands executive team
- HAL LCH Demonstrates Unique Capability
- Sikorsky Awarded $7M Contract for CH-53K Systems Modifications
- Adar Poonawalla takes delivery of India’s first ACH145
- Helijet supports Power To Be with new partnership
- HeliOffshore Appoints New Chief Operating Officer
- Unique Aerospace Physiology and Human Performance Update Course to be provided at Heli-Expo 2019
- Triumph Awarded DLA Contract Extension
- Sikorsky grants Make-A-Wish® Foundation with a S-76 ride
- 7 trainee paramedics start at HIOW Air Ambulance
- Bristow FY2019 Q3 earnings release and concall scheduled
- Donate Items to the HFI Silent Auction
- USMC receives last UH-1Y Venom
- NEMSPA/USHST Joint IFR Helicopter Pilot Survey
- NHRMC Stations AirLink Aircraft at Medical Center
- CHC wins planning approval for Aberdeen facility upgrade
- Profile – Kathryn Purwin of Helinet
- DRF Luftrettung opens 10th night flight station
- Austin Peay introduces first helicopter in its rotor-wing fleet