Imperial has made significant progress towards resolving a potential fuel quality issue in aviation gasoline (sometimes referred to as “avgas” or “100 low lead”) shipped from Strathcona refinery since Dec. 28, 2017.
Imperial has identified all locations that received potentially off-spec product and has completed close to all of the testing at those sites. At this point, approximately 70% of the sites tested have been confirmed as fit-for-use.
We have also been working around the clock to secure alternative supplies from across North America. These efforts have been successful and we believe our supply of avgas to customers will normalize by the end of the month.
“This has been a challenging situation and we appreciate all of the patience, understanding and co-operation we have received from our customers, their resellers and from end-users,” said Jon Wetmore, Vice-President Imperial Downstream. “We recognize this situation has significantly disrupted the avgas flying community and we apologize for this.”
Our investigation into the cause of the issue is progressing. The refinery and our research team are working around the clock to solve the problem, and begin manufacturing avgas again as soon as possible.
We continue to encourage end-users to stay informed about Transport Canada NOTAM instructions.
After more than a century, Imperial continues to be an industry leader in applying technology and innovation to responsibly develop Canada’s energy resources. As Canada’s largest petroleum refiner, a major producer of crude oil, a key petrochemical producer and a leading fuels marketer from coast to coast, our company remains committed to high standards across all areas of our business.
- Dickson sworn in as new FAA Administrator
- Bell Announces 200th Bell 505 Jet Ranger X Delivery
- Pratt & Whitney to Open New Engine Overhaul Centre in Brazil
- Life Flight Network Achieves NAAMTA Medical Transport Accreditation
- WAI Receives Grant from the ISTAT Foundation
- Cornwall Air Ambulance appoints first Vice President
- Kopter enters the Brazilian market
- Leonardo confirms solid presence in the Brazilian VIP market at
- Elbit to supply components for CV-22 Color Helmet Mounted Display System
- East Anglia Air Ambulance to extend Norwich head office
- Forecast International Publishes White Paper on Global Outlook for Helicopters
- German NH90s get upgrade with Rohde & Schwarz radios
- Airbus now accepting nominations for sixth annual ‘Innovation in Safety Award’
- Hampshire and Isle of Wight Air Ambulance Shortlisted for Third Sector Awards
- Thames Valley Air Ambulance partners with what3words app
- STARS announces winners of $4.1M Saskatchewan Lottery
- Genesys Aerosystems Equipped Leonardo TH-119 Achieves IFR Certification
- Boeing opens V-22 production facility
- Helicentre Announces Bristow CPL(H) Scholarship
- Keynote Speakers Announced for CHC Safety & Quality Summit