Imperial has made significant progress towards resolving a potential fuel quality issue in aviation gasoline (sometimes referred to as “avgas” or “100 low lead”) shipped from Strathcona refinery since Dec. 28, 2017.
Imperial has identified all locations that received potentially off-spec product and has completed close to all of the testing at those sites. At this point, approximately 70% of the sites tested have been confirmed as fit-for-use.
We have also been working around the clock to secure alternative supplies from across North America. These efforts have been successful and we believe our supply of avgas to customers will normalize by the end of the month.
“This has been a challenging situation and we appreciate all of the patience, understanding and co-operation we have received from our customers, their resellers and from end-users,” said Jon Wetmore, Vice-President Imperial Downstream. “We recognize this situation has significantly disrupted the avgas flying community and we apologize for this.”
Our investigation into the cause of the issue is progressing. The refinery and our research team are working around the clock to solve the problem, and begin manufacturing avgas again as soon as possible.
We continue to encourage end-users to stay informed about Transport Canada NOTAM instructions.
After more than a century, Imperial continues to be an industry leader in applying technology and innovation to responsibly develop Canada’s energy resources. As Canada’s largest petroleum refiner, a major producer of crude oil, a key petrochemical producer and a leading fuels marketer from coast to coast, our company remains committed to high standards across all areas of our business.
- Falcon Aviation starts AW169 helicopter transport operations in Kuwait
- Vertical Flight Society to Highlight eVTOL Revolution at Heli-Expo 2019
- Upgrades to Inverness hospital life-Saving Helipad
- Portugal’s Air Force takes delivery of first two AW119Kx
- USCG starts MH-65E Initial Operational Test And Evaluation
- Honeywell to launch eVTOL hybrid-electric propulsion system at Heli-Expo 2019
- Advanced Turbine Engine Company Files Protest For ITEP
- Nominations Open for the International Aerial Firefighting Awards 2019
- Heligo receives its first H145
- DRF releases 2018 operating statistics
- IBAC Welcomes New IS-BAO Operations Manager
- HAL takes leading role in organising Aero India 2019
- Russian Helicopters identified potential partners in localization of Ka-226T in India
- DRF Luftrettung – “Use of unmanned aerial vehicles in emergency medicine”
- Genesys HeliSAS stability augmentation system now certified for IFR
- Ace Aeronautics sells three UH-60s to Austrian military
- DRF Luftrettung and Lufthansa Aviation Training cooperate
- Russian Helicopters to take part in Aero India 2019
- Canada donates surplus Coast Guard Bo105 to BCIT
- Major PHI shareholder issues Open Letter to Management