Running every May, the HeliRussia expo is an annual place for new helicopter industry developments’ demonstration. The event of this year will not be an exception: one of the interesting exhibits is a new light single-engine helicopter Kasatka 505. It is developed by the Russian company AGAN AIRCRAFT GROUP, and its design incorporates propelling system of the Sikorsky S-52 utility helicopter, which was introduced in the 1950s.
The multirole 4-seated Kasatka 505 is aimed for the Russian general aviation. Despite its age, the Sikorsky S-52 scheme remains adequate for its class and Kasatka 505 has a new all-metal fuselage, up-to-date avionics and skid-mounted chassis. The helicopter will be manufactured using new technologies.
Kasatka 505 to be equipped with a Lycoming O-540 engine and a three-blade rotor with a damper. The helicopter features high load capacity and spacious interior for its class. The additional reliability of the Kasatka 505 design is provided by the proven S-52 carrier system, which was used in harsh conditions, being deployed by the US military.
The prototype of Kasatka 505 helicopter will be available within HeliRussia 2018 at the AGAN AIRCRAFT GROUP’s booth. More details on the helicopter will be revealed. The company also to demonstrate the CH-77 Ranabot helicopter. This model was first brought into the air in Russia just recently – in November 2017. CH-77 Ranabot is a light two-seated helicopter made by Heli-Sport (Italy), which is best suited for private use and piloting training.
The 11th International Helicopter Industry Exhibition HeliRussia 2018 will be held from May 24 to 26 at the Crocus Expo IEC in Moscow.
- USMC receives last UH-1Y Venom
- NEMSPA/USHST Joint IFR Helicopter Pilot Survey
- NHRMC Stations AirLink Aircraft at Medical Center
- CHC wins planning approval for Aberdeen facility upgrade
- Profile – Kathryn Purwin of Helinet
- DRF Luftrettung opens 10th night flight station
- Austin Peay introduces first helicopter in its rotor-wing fleet
- East Anglian Air Ambulance flies 25,000th mission
- EASA certifies Bell 206 TT straps from Lord Corporation
- NHV awarded new contract with Ørsted
- RUAG to upgrade eight Swiss Cougars
- JetNet to exhibit at NBAA Schedulers & Dispatchers Conference
- Lobo Leasing appoints Chief Technical Officer
- Indonesian Air Force places order for eight additional H225Ms
- 14-Jan-19 PP-ECF Airbus AS350BA Rio de Janeiro, Brazil (1F)
- HAI Announces 2019 Salute to Excellence Flight Instructor of the Year
- HAI Announces 2019 Excellence in Helicopter Maintenance Award
- HAI Announces 2019 Salute to Excellence Pilot of the Year
- 11-Jan-19 N346AE Airbus AS350B2 Ponca City, US-Oklahoma
- Busiest year ever for Essex & Herts Air Ambulance