ESG Elektroniksystem- und Logistik-GmbH has succeeded in winning the contract issued by NATO Support and Procurement Agency (NSPA) for the German Federal Police for the fleet-wide replacement of all mission equipment in the AS332L1 “Super Puma”, EC155 and EC135 helicopters.
The new mission systems will extend the wide range of capability options of the German Federal Police, such as surveillance, reconnaissance, border control, anti-terrorism and sea rescue and add to the force’s existing capabilities. The mission systems can be used in each of the three helicopter models to reduce the costs of training, and spare parts provision.
At the heart of the mission systems lies the PTANG (Polizeitaktischer Arbeitsplatz ) Operator Workstation, developed by ESG, that allows the Mission Operator to operate all connected systems. The workstation is specifically designed to meet the ergonomic requirements of the operators in different mission scenarios.
The Missions Management System ESGMM supports the operator with a fusion of map data, terrain models, real-time video and databases of geo-referenced objects. ESGMM has wide-ranging interfaces to avionic systems such as the Electro-Optical System (EOS), Automated Identification System (AIS), High Definition (HD) Video Downlink, Intercom, Cockpit MFDs, GPS, radar altimeters and FMS. ESG has integrated the new ARGOS-II HD as the EOS.
ESG will be adapting the mission systems to the requirements of the German police force, as well as performing the integration and EASA-certification for EC155 and EC135, entirely in-house.
For integration into the Super Puma, ESG has contracted the firm HeliOne from Stavanger in Norway.
- Two helipads decommissioned in downtown San Diego
- Metro Aviation welcomes Duke Life Flight
- Leonardo celebrates the tenth anniversary of AW159 Wildcat’s first flight
- VSR700 prototype performs first flight
- EMSA extends Schiebel Camcopter contract in Croatia
- Sikorsky Innovations Announces 9th Entrepreneurial Challenge Awardees
- Bell joins army partnership for youth success program
- Metro Aviation provides flight demos of the EC145e at AMTC 2019
- HAI Names Recipient of Salute to Excellence Humanitarian Service Award
- The Helicopter Company of Saudi Arabia takes delivery of its first AW139
- HAI Announces 2020 Recipient of Salute to Excellence Safety Award
- Safran makes management appointments
- Metro seeks STC for Stryker configurations in EC145
- FAA creates ADS-B privacy opt-out
- Luxaviation Helicopters at FLIBS for first time
- Launch of HeliSpeed Academy
- Hampshire and IOW Air Ambulance Take Flight for 9,000th Mission
- HAI Announces Recipient of 2020 Salute to Excellence Lifetime Achievement Award
- FAA downgrades Malaysia safety rating
- Penzance Helicopters launches Travel Club discount for Isles of Scilly residents