ESG Elektroniksystem- und Logistik-GmbH has succeeded in winning the contract issued by NATO Support and Procurement Agency (NSPA) for the German Federal Police for the fleet-wide replacement of all mission equipment in the AS332L1 “Super Puma”, EC155 and EC135 helicopters.
The new mission systems will extend the wide range of capability options of the German Federal Police, such as surveillance, reconnaissance, border control, anti-terrorism and sea rescue and add to the force’s existing capabilities. The mission systems can be used in each of the three helicopter models to reduce the costs of training, and spare parts provision.
At the heart of the mission systems lies the PTANG (Polizeitaktischer Arbeitsplatz ) Operator Workstation, developed by ESG, that allows the Mission Operator to operate all connected systems. The workstation is specifically designed to meet the ergonomic requirements of the operators in different mission scenarios.
The Missions Management System ESGMM supports the operator with a fusion of map data, terrain models, real-time video and databases of geo-referenced objects. ESGMM has wide-ranging interfaces to avionic systems such as the Electro-Optical System (EOS), Automated Identification System (AIS), High Definition (HD) Video Downlink, Intercom, Cockpit MFDs, GPS, radar altimeters and FMS. ESG has integrated the new ARGOS-II HD as the EOS.
ESG will be adapting the mission systems to the requirements of the German police force, as well as performing the integration and EASA-certification for EC155 and EC135, entirely in-house.
For integration into the Super Puma, ESG has contracted the firm HeliOne from Stavanger in Norway.
- Falcon Aviation starts AW169 helicopter transport operations in Kuwait
- Vertical Flight Society to Highlight eVTOL Revolution at Heli-Expo 2019
- Upgrades to Inverness hospital life-Saving Helipad
- Portugal’s Air Force takes delivery of first two AW119Kx
- USCG starts MH-65E Initial Operational Test And Evaluation
- Honeywell to launch eVTOL hybrid-electric propulsion system at Heli-Expo 2019
- Advanced Turbine Engine Company Files Protest For ITEP
- Nominations Open for the International Aerial Firefighting Awards 2019
- Heligo receives its first H145
- DRF releases 2018 operating statistics
- IBAC Welcomes New IS-BAO Operations Manager
- HAL takes leading role in organising Aero India 2019
- Russian Helicopters identified potential partners in localization of Ka-226T in India
- DRF Luftrettung – “Use of unmanned aerial vehicles in emergency medicine”
- Genesys HeliSAS stability augmentation system now certified for IFR
- Ace Aeronautics sells three UH-60s to Austrian military
- DRF Luftrettung and Lufthansa Aviation Training cooperate
- Russian Helicopters to take part in Aero India 2019
- Canada donates surplus Coast Guard Bo105 to BCIT
- Major PHI shareholder issues Open Letter to Management