Trakka Systems is pleased to announce that it has received an order for five SWE-400 QUAD TrakkaCams from Western Power Distribution. Western Power Distribution is the company responsible for electricity distribution in the Midlands, South West and South Wales of the UK, with a network comprising 220,000 km of overhead lines and underground cables, and 185,000 substations. The business serves over 7.8 million customers and employs over 6,500 members of staff to ensure the highest quality of service to their customers.
“We are extremely pleased that Trakka’s SWE-400 QUAD has been selected by a such a major electricity distributor following competitive tender, to effect airborne inspections of their vast network from H135 helicopters. Airborne inspections help to reduce energy distributors’ reactive repairs and unscheduled downtime, to provide customers with an uninterrupted source of electricity. Trakka is proud to be the world-leader in this market segment today.” said Daniel Johansson MD of Trakka Systems AB.
The TrakkaCam SWE series systems offer up to four, multi-spectral cameras; the highest resolution radiometric thermal imager available on the market today for precise temperature measurements of hotspots; a solar-blind UV camera for the detection of the Corona effect in daylight; a high definition video camera and a 36 Mega Pixel photo camera, for documentation of faults, bird nests, woodpecker holes, loose or missing hardware, broken insulators, missing signs, vegetation management, corridor design and infringement.
- USMC receives last UH-1Y Venom
- NEMSPA/USHST Joint IFR Helicopter Pilot Survey
- NHRMC Stations AirLink Aircraft at Medical Center
- CHC wins planning approval for Aberdeen facility upgrade
- Profile – Kathryn Purwin of Helinet
- DRF Luftrettung opens 10th night flight station
- Austin Peay introduces first helicopter in its rotor-wing fleet
- East Anglian Air Ambulance flies 25,000th mission
- EASA certifies Bell 206 TT straps from Lord Corporation
- NHV awarded new contract with Ørsted
- RUAG to upgrade eight Swiss Cougars
- JetNet to exhibit at NBAA Schedulers & Dispatchers Conference
- Lobo Leasing appoints Chief Technical Officer
- Indonesian Air Force places order for eight additional H225Ms
- 14-Jan-19 PP-ECF Airbus AS350BA Rio de Janeiro, Brazil (1F)
- HAI Announces 2019 Salute to Excellence Flight Instructor of the Year
- HAI Announces 2019 Excellence in Helicopter Maintenance Award
- HAI Announces 2019 Salute to Excellence Pilot of the Year
- 11-Jan-19 N346AE Airbus AS350B2 Ponca City, US-Oklahoma
- Busiest year ever for Essex & Herts Air Ambulance