Among the range of various new products at the anniversary HeliRussia expo last year, one model raised special interest from visitors: a prototype of an ultralight helicopter Micron with coaxial rotor system. Its developer, the RD-HELI company, actively worked in the past year on this aircraft design and will showcase a new version of Micron at HeliRussia 2018.
The new 3rd Micron prototype has a new 73 hp. rotary engine, which provides additional lift while idling and maneuvering in the air. The new power plant led to changes in gearbox and transmission design.
The new model is distinguished by an improved fuselage layout with a mass production in mind. It allows to install a cowling of the cabin and has a new instrument panel. These improvements are to make Micron piloting more convenient.
Based on the new version of Micron, the amphibian modification is being developed. Instead of the standard wheeled chassis it has 650 liters floats, that allows the helicopter to take off from water surface and land on it. RD-HELI is also developing an unmanned and two-seated model of Micron.
An important step in the Micron program is the introduction of a full-scale training simulator. Thanks to the use of a special mobile platform the simulator has all degrees of freedom and allows to simulate all the basic elements of pilot training.
The new Micron prototype as well other RD-HELI developments will be presented from May 24 to 26 at the HeliRussia 2018 expo held in Pavilion 3 Crocus Expo IEC, Moscow, Russia.
- USMC receives last UH-1Y Venom
- NEMSPA/USHST Joint IFR Helicopter Pilot Survey
- NHRMC Stations AirLink Aircraft at Medical Center
- CHC wins planning approval for Aberdeen facility upgrade
- Profile – Kathryn Purwin of Helinet
- DRF Luftrettung opens 10th night flight station
- Austin Peay introduces first helicopter in its rotor-wing fleet
- East Anglian Air Ambulance flies 25,000th mission
- EASA certifies Bell 206 TT straps from Lord Corporation
- NHV awarded new contract with Ørsted
- RUAG to upgrade eight Swiss Cougars
- JetNet to exhibit at NBAA Schedulers & Dispatchers Conference
- Lobo Leasing appoints Chief Technical Officer
- Indonesian Air Force places order for eight additional H225Ms
- 14-Jan-19 PP-ECF Airbus AS350BA Rio de Janeiro, Brazil (1F)
- HAI Announces 2019 Salute to Excellence Flight Instructor of the Year
- HAI Announces 2019 Excellence in Helicopter Maintenance Award
- HAI Announces 2019 Salute to Excellence Pilot of the Year
- 11-Jan-19 N346AE Airbus AS350B2 Ponca City, US-Oklahoma
- Busiest year ever for Essex & Herts Air Ambulance