The MedEvac Foundation International is pleased to announce TraumaOne Flight Services Program Manager, Chad E. McIntyre, and Hospital Wing Director of Safety, Erik Bratton, have been selected as the recipients of the 2018 Medical Transport Leadership Institute (MTLI) Scholarship.
MTLI enhances leadership and management of medical transportation through formal education programs that emphasize the direct practical application of management theory. The annual scholarships are awarded to individuals who excel in the air medical and critical care transport industry and strive toward the betterment of the industry.
Metro Aviation began funding the initial MTLI Scholarship in 2009.
“We are proud to continue our tradition of supporting the MTLI scholarship,” said Metro Aviation President Mike Stanberry. “Just like Metro is constantly evolving and innovating, we believe the scholarship instills a similar innovative spirit in our industry and we are honored to give back.”
The MedEvac Foundation International began funding a second MTLI Scholarship in 2017.
“MTLI will help refine those skills that are critical to being a leader, thus aiding our organization in developing and fostering a great safety culture, adding real value to our organization,” said Mr. Erik Bratton, the 2018 recipient of the second scholarship. “I hope to bring back the lessons learned at MTLI and share those with other employees, which will aid in our pursuit of excellence as our program continues to grow.”
“Erik is coming to MTLI with the perfect mindset, and the Medevac Foundation International is thrilled to award the scholarship to such a worthy candidate this year, “ said MedEvac Foundation International President and CEO, Rick Sherlock. “Clearly, Erik is already planning ways to implement MTLI’s unique leadership skill set to benefit his program. That is a leader.”
The two-year MTLI Scholarships are awarded annually and are open to applicants with healthcare or aviation backgrounds. Applications for the 2019 MTLI Scholarships will open in the fall. Click here for more information about the MTLI Scholarship and all past winners.
- SPAES modifies AS350 external mirror mounting
- Schiebel Camcopter to fly Coast Guard ops in Finland, Sweden and Estonia
- CHC and UniFly extend Hornsea wind farm support contract
- Alouette III helicopter celebrates 57 years with Portuguese Air Force
- SUU and Chuck Aaron Partner in Helicopter Upset Training
- First flights for new Babcock oil and gas contract
- NHV awarded offshore contract by Shell UK and NAM
- SAFE wins MH-65 maintenance platform contract at UCSG Elizabeth City
- WAI 2021 Scholarship Applications are now open
- Airbus H160 receives EASA approval
- HeliValue$ leads the way with remote helicopter appraisals
- Horizon International Flight Academy Logs More Than 1,000 Flight Hours in its Bell 505 Fleet
- Police Aviation News – July 2020 Edition
- Sikorsky awarded $470M contract for six VH-92 helicopters
- Sikorsky awarded $12M contract modification for CH-53K work
- PAS MRO awarded $9M contract to overhaul UH-60 tip caps
- Rolls-Royce awarded $62M for AE1107C engines for US Navy V-22
- Bell wins $8M contract with Bahrain for AH-1Z flight training device
- Safran to support Dutch Cougar engines
- Consultation under way for Sydney CBD helipad