The County of Västra Götaland (VGR) has started a project to install weather cameras at several different hospitals in the region in order to enhance flight safety and reduce the amount of cancelled flights due to lack of weather information available.
Norsk Luftambulanse (NLA) has used a nation-wide weather camera system for some years for its operations in Norway, and it has been very successful. Today, more than 60 cameras are installed in Norway and nearly 10 cameras are operational in Denmark.
In Norway, having weather cameras installed at some hospitals allows pilots to ensure that the cloud base, air pressure and visibility is good enough to perform GPS approaches, also knowns as Point In Space (PinS).
Together with Norsk Luftambulanse (NLA), VGR will be the first operator to test out the system in Sweden. VGR hope that more operators will follow the trend and that more weather cameras will be installed throughout the country.
Reproduced from Nordic Rotors with permission. This is NOT a press release. HeliHub.com has an exclusive agreement with Nordic Rotors which allows us to reproduce stories, but not accompanying images. All images with this story have been separately researched by the HeliHub.com team. Copyright and full responsibility for the content of this article remains with Nordic Rotors.
- USMC receives last UH-1Y Venom
- NEMSPA/USHST Joint IFR Helicopter Pilot Survey
- NHRMC Stations AirLink Aircraft at Medical Center
- CHC wins planning approval for Aberdeen facility upgrade
- Profile – Kathryn Purwin of Helinet
- DRF Luftrettung opens 10th night flight station
- Austin Peay introduces first helicopter in its rotor-wing fleet
- East Anglian Air Ambulance flies 25,000th mission
- EASA certifies Bell 206 TT straps from Lord Corporation
- NHV awarded new contract with Ørsted
- RUAG to upgrade eight Swiss Cougars
- JetNet to exhibit at NBAA Schedulers & Dispatchers Conference
- Lobo Leasing appoints Chief Technical Officer
- Indonesian Air Force places order for eight additional H225Ms
- 14-Jan-19 PP-ECF Airbus AS350BA Rio de Janeiro, Brazil (1F)
- HAI Announces 2019 Salute to Excellence Flight Instructor of the Year
- HAI Announces 2019 Excellence in Helicopter Maintenance Award
- HAI Announces 2019 Salute to Excellence Pilot of the Year
- 11-Jan-19 N346AE Airbus AS350B2 Ponca City, US-Oklahoma
- Busiest year ever for Essex & Herts Air Ambulance