The Federal Aviation Administration will host the 2018 International Rotorcraft Safety Conference featuring about 35 presentations and seminars in an effort to reduce the national helicopter accident rate, particularly among small operators.
The three-day event will offer Inspection Authorization and FAA AMT and WINGS credits. Admission will be free.
The conference will take place October 23-25, 2018, at the Hurst Conference Center in Hurst, Texas, a Fort Worth suburb. The audience is expected to be diverse with pilots, mechanics, small company owners, industry executives, operators and government regulators from the United States and abroad.
The conference’s first day, October 23, will open with introductions and a speech by national personal resilience speaker Jack Harris. The conference will then feature programs designed to appeal to the entire helicopter community with presentations about the latest accident data, surviving a helicopter accident, occupant protection research and panel discussions. We will break into separate sections the next day, with pilots discussing U.S. Helicopter Safety Team initiatives, night vision goggles, how to avoid inadvertent IMC and presentations from major helicopter associations. Mechanics will discuss preventive maintenance for rotor blades, flight data monitoring, safety cultures and managing maintenance operations. We will regroup the third day into a single helicopter community for sessions on bird strikes, airworthiness directives, accident investigations and unmanned aerial systems.
The information gained at this conference will help pilots, mechanics and others prevent a catastrophic accident. We will have rooms available for meetings and networking.
- First AW189 launched in Korea
- CAMP Systems and Hillsboro Establish Partnership
- Astronautics RoadRunner™ brings enhanced capabilities to Firehawk
- DART High Capacity Cargo Nets fit the bill for Aeróleo Táxi Aéreo
- AMS and AUTOFLUG sign cooperation agreement
- FreeFlight Systems announces new radar altimeter display for operators
- Falcon Aviation to showcase at first Saudi International Airshow
- Blue Hawaiian Helicopters Unveils New Website & Video Series
- PIF Announces Launch of The Helicopter Company
- NHV Group appoints new CEO
- PHI enters Chapter 11 bankruptcy protection
- UK AAIB Bulletin – March 2019
- Smart heli-hook helps raise angel to realm of glory
- Astronautics introduces IBEX™ family
- Sterling Launches New Version of QuickOnline Mobile App
- IMT Vislink showcases updated AVDS System
- Toll Helicopters and Seeing Machines have joined forces
- Helicentre announces scholarship winners
- PhilJets orders 3 Bell 505 Helicopters
- HAI Partners with JSfirm.com to Address Shortage