The Federal Aviation Administration will host the 2018 International Rotorcraft Safety Conference featuring about 35 presentations and seminars in an effort to reduce the national helicopter accident rate, particularly among small operators.
The three-day event will offer Inspection Authorization and FAA AMT and WINGS credits. Admission will be free.
The conference will take place October 23-25, 2018, at the Hurst Conference Center in Hurst, Texas, a Fort Worth suburb. The audience is expected to be diverse with pilots, mechanics, small company owners, industry executives, operators and government regulators from the United States and abroad.
The conference’s first day, October 23, will open with introductions and a speech by national personal resilience speaker Jack Harris. The conference will then feature programs designed to appeal to the entire helicopter community with presentations about the latest accident data, surviving a helicopter accident, occupant protection research and panel discussions. We will break into separate sections the next day, with pilots discussing U.S. Helicopter Safety Team initiatives, night vision goggles, how to avoid inadvertent IMC and presentations from major helicopter associations. Mechanics will discuss preventive maintenance for rotor blades, flight data monitoring, safety cultures and managing maintenance operations. We will regroup the third day into a single helicopter community for sessions on bird strikes, airworthiness directives, accident investigations and unmanned aerial systems.
The information gained at this conference will help pilots, mechanics and others prevent a catastrophic accident. We will have rooms available for meetings and networking.
- Robinson Introduces a New Flight Training Guide
- Kawasaki Heavy Industries opens H145-BK117 training centre at Gifu
- The Volume of Military and Technical Cooperation Between Russia and Belarus has Exceeded $1 bln
- Reiser to supply first helicopter simulator for Lufthansa Aviation Training
- VNH launches tourism flights with B505
- Oceania Aviation Prepare Right Hand H125/AS350 Cargo Pod
- HAI Releases New Reporting Tool For Rotorcraft Pilots
- European Defence Agency launches Dark Blade 2019 helicopter exercise
- Vertical Flight Society Announces 2019 Board of Directors
- JETNET to unveil new products, features at EBACE
- Veelo Technologies Displays VHA Blade at MRO Americas
- NHV joins HeliOffshore
- Robinson Delivers Two More Cadets
- New radar warning system reliably detects new types of threats
- P&WC announces new President
- BLADE’s New Helicopter Service Expands
- MARPA warns US manufacturers to check new EASA SMS proposals
- Coptersafety appointed new CEO
- Air Methods sets up agreement with Anthem in six states
- Qatar – AH-64E Apache Helicopters with Spare Parts and Related Equipment