The Federal Aviation Administration will host the 2018 International Rotorcraft Safety Conference featuring about 35 presentations and seminars in an effort to reduce the national helicopter accident rate, particularly among small operators.
The three-day event will offer Inspection Authorization and FAA AMT and WINGS credits. Admission will be free.
The conference will take place October 23-25, 2018, at the Hurst Conference Center in Hurst, Texas, a Fort Worth suburb. The audience is expected to be diverse with pilots, mechanics, small company owners, industry executives, operators and government regulators from the United States and abroad.
The conference’s first day, October 23, will open with introductions and a speech by national personal resilience speaker Jack Harris. The conference will then feature programs designed to appeal to the entire helicopter community with presentations about the latest accident data, surviving a helicopter accident, occupant protection research and panel discussions. We will break into separate sections the next day, with pilots discussing U.S. Helicopter Safety Team initiatives, night vision goggles, how to avoid inadvertent IMC and presentations from major helicopter associations. Mechanics will discuss preventive maintenance for rotor blades, flight data monitoring, safety cultures and managing maintenance operations. We will regroup the third day into a single helicopter community for sessions on bird strikes, airworthiness directives, accident investigations and unmanned aerial systems.
The information gained at this conference will help pilots, mechanics and others prevent a catastrophic accident. We will have rooms available for meetings and networking.
- Bell at SXSW 2019
- Bell Boeing JPO Awarded $144M Contract for V-22 Support
- Bell Awarded $440M Contract for AH-1Z Production
- Airbus consolidates its global digital strategy
- Landing Support team completes V-22 night taining
- New CAP 1747 Report Identifies Optimum Strategy for Flight Crew HTAWS Alerts
- Indonesian Army selects 9 Bell 412EPI
- NHV expands executive team
- HAL LCH Demonstrates Unique Capability
- Sikorsky Awarded $7M Contract for CH-53K Systems Modifications
- Adar Poonawalla takes delivery of India’s first ACH145
- Helijet supports Power To Be with new partnership
- HeliOffshore Appoints New Chief Operating Officer
- Unique Aerospace Physiology and Human Performance Update Course to be provided at Heli-Expo 2019
- Triumph Awarded DLA Contract Extension
- Sikorsky grants Make-A-Wish® Foundation with a S-76 ride
- 7 trainee paramedics start at HIOW Air Ambulance
- Bristow FY2019 Q3 earnings release and concall scheduled
- Donate Items to the HFI Silent Auction
- USMC receives last UH-1Y Venom