Russian Helicopters Holdings, part of Rostec State Corporation, have started the production of the second lot of MI-28UB machines for the Russian Ministry of Defense. The production is being performed at Rostvertol factory and is supposed to be completed by the end of the year.
The first lot has been supplied for the needs of the Russian Ministry of Defense at the end of 2017. Currently Rosvertol factory is also producing the first set of upgraded MI-28NM Night Hunters for the Russian Air Forces.
MI-28UB’s main feature is the double operation system, designed to operate a machine from both commanding pilot cockpit and operating pilot cockpit. That feature is helpful for training military pilots, who need flying experience and necessary skill to operate Night Hunters. Besides the double operation function makes it possible for a second-in-command officer to aviate the machine in case of emergency in combat conditions.
The helicopter is equipped with a failure imitation console, which makes it possible to simulate in-flight airborne equipment failure and, therefore, better pilots’ skills of performing in emergency situations.
MI-28UB is also fitted with advanced system of integrated airborne radio-electronic equipment. The main body construction was adapted to increase the ergonomic parameters of the crew’s work stations. The helicopter cabin has been made more spacious, armor-coated glass surfaces expanded and pilot’s observation improved. To improve the machine invulnerability MI-28UB has been equipped with modern in-board defense systems.
- USMC receives last UH-1Y Venom
- NEMSPA/USHST Joint IFR Helicopter Pilot Survey
- NHRMC Stations AirLink Aircraft at Medical Center
- CHC wins planning approval for Aberdeen facility upgrade
- Profile – Kathryn Purwin of Helinet
- DRF Luftrettung opens 10th night flight station
- Austin Peay introduces first helicopter in its rotor-wing fleet
- East Anglian Air Ambulance flies 25,000th mission
- EASA certifies Bell 206 TT straps from Lord Corporation
- NHV awarded new contract with Ørsted
- RUAG to upgrade eight Swiss Cougars
- JetNet to exhibit at NBAA Schedulers & Dispatchers Conference
- Lobo Leasing appoints Chief Technical Officer
- Indonesian Air Force places order for eight additional H225Ms
- 14-Jan-19 PP-ECF Airbus AS350BA Rio de Janeiro, Brazil (1F)
- HAI Announces 2019 Salute to Excellence Flight Instructor of the Year
- HAI Announces 2019 Excellence in Helicopter Maintenance Award
- HAI Announces 2019 Salute to Excellence Pilot of the Year
- 11-Jan-19 N346AE Airbus AS350B2 Ponca City, US-Oklahoma
- Busiest year ever for Essex & Herts Air Ambulance