Leonardo announced today that Aerocardal Limitada has been appointed an Authorised Service Centre for its helicopters in Chile. The announcement was made during an official ceremony held at FIDAE 2018. Under the agreement, Aerocardal Limitada will provide comprehensive support and maintenance services from its base at Comodoro Arturo Merino Benítez international Airport, for Chilean owners and operators of AW109 light twin-engine and AW119 single-engine helicopters.
As an established operator of two Leonardo AW109 Grand helicopters for emergency medical service, Aerocardal Limitada has been delivering maintenance services for the AW109 Power, Grand and Grandnew types in Chile for eight years. It is now reinforcing its support capabilities extending its range of services to new models, including the latest addition to the Chilean fleet of Leonardo products, the AW109 Trekker which has recently entered this market.
This latest agreement provides further evidence of Leonardo’s commitment to expanding its range of customer services close to operators around the world, as its fleet and customer base grow stronger. Over 20 Leonardo helicopters are in service in Chile today, including the AW119, AW109, AW139 and W-3A Sokol models performing VIP transport, firefighting, law enforcement, emergency medical service and utility tasks.
Over 400 Leonardo helicopters are operated by military and civil customers in Latin America, making Leonardo a major force in the regional helicopter sector. The helicopters are used for the widest range of applications including naval roles, law enforcement and homeland security, EMS/SAR, firefighting and disaster relief, utility, VVIP-VIP/corporate and offshore transport.
Operating since 1991 with zero accidents, Aerocardal Limitada provides a wide range of aeronautical services including fixed wing executive transport and MEDEVAC, helicopter ambulance services as well as full maintenance for Chilean registered and FAA certified aircraft and engines.
- Bristow to close two Lousiana bases with 350 job losses, claims union
- Eight Air Evac Lifefteam bases in Arkansas now carry blood
- Malaysian Ministry of Health outsources EMS helicopter service
- Metro Aviation delivers first of two helicopters to HealthNet
- Apollo Air Services to promote Aviation Clean Air purifier units in Europe
- Kaman Recognized by Sikorsky as Elite Supplier
- Maelstrom AFB opens Helicopter Operations Alert Facility
- EHang to Expand Production Facility
- Rotor Accessories produces tear-resistant R44 sun shades
- HeliSpeed signs SAR support agreement with British International
- Airinmar selected by Air Methods for warranty and value engineering services
- Former HAI chairman Wisecup passes away
- AAMS issue statement on HHS report on surprise medical billing
- Wilson Construction upgrades MD500E to MD530F standard
- Transport Canada Approve HTC metal blades for Bell 204, 205 and UH-1
- Nigerian union pickets Bristow Helicopters
- Russian Helicopters delivers first Mi-8AMT to Vityaz-Aero
- EHang 216 Obtained Special Flight Operations Certificate from TCCA
- 04-Aug-20 RA-06353 Robinson R66 Mount Belukha, Russia
- 04-Aug-20 D-HIPO Bell 47G4A Lübstorf, Germany