Leonardo announced today that Aerocardal Limitada has been appointed an Authorised Service Centre for its helicopters in Chile. The announcement was made during an official ceremony held at FIDAE 2018. Under the agreement, Aerocardal Limitada will provide comprehensive support and maintenance services from its base at Comodoro Arturo Merino Benítez international Airport, for Chilean owners and operators of AW109 light twin-engine and AW119 single-engine helicopters.
As an established operator of two Leonardo AW109 Grand helicopters for emergency medical service, Aerocardal Limitada has been delivering maintenance services for the AW109 Power, Grand and Grandnew types in Chile for eight years. It is now reinforcing its support capabilities extending its range of services to new models, including the latest addition to the Chilean fleet of Leonardo products, the AW109 Trekker which has recently entered this market.
This latest agreement provides further evidence of Leonardo’s commitment to expanding its range of customer services close to operators around the world, as its fleet and customer base grow stronger. Over 20 Leonardo helicopters are in service in Chile today, including the AW119, AW109, AW139 and W-3A Sokol models performing VIP transport, firefighting, law enforcement, emergency medical service and utility tasks.
Over 400 Leonardo helicopters are operated by military and civil customers in Latin America, making Leonardo a major force in the regional helicopter sector. The helicopters are used for the widest range of applications including naval roles, law enforcement and homeland security, EMS/SAR, firefighting and disaster relief, utility, VVIP-VIP/corporate and offshore transport.
Operating since 1991 with zero accidents, Aerocardal Limitada provides a wide range of aeronautical services including fixed wing executive transport and MEDEVAC, helicopter ambulance services as well as full maintenance for Chilean registered and FAA certified aircraft and engines.
- Trinidad & Tobago Air Guard to reactivate one of four AW139s
- ATSB reminds pilots of Low Rotor RPM response time
- Former Bristow Nigeria employees in court on parts theft charges
- Ace Aeronautics opens paint booth and media blast facility
- Uber Elevate teams with GE Aviation for flight data monitoring
- BAC Helicopters helps fight locust swarms in Kenya
- Astronautics RoadRunner EFI installed in Santa Barbara County Black Hawk
- Boost Systems improves HEC Suspension Line System
- Deadline to Apply for WAI Scholarships Here
- New-generation Euroflir410 selected for NH90 TFRA & Special forces
- Leonardo demonstrates helicopter-UAV teaming in the UK with its AW159 Wildcat
- Starspeed to manage two H145s on new polar vessel Ultramarine
- Ontario gold prospecting uses helicopter-borne geophysical survey
- Leonardo CEO Profumo given 6 year jail sentence and €2.5M file
- US Marine Corps retires AH-1W Cobra after 34 years
- NHV Group appoints Head of Commercial
- Simrik Air has initiated air ambulance services for COVID-19 patients
- CAE hands over CAE 700MR NH90 simulator to Royal New Zealand Air Force
- Helipad reopens at Ellwood City Medical Center
- Russian Helicopters delivers five Mi-8MTV-1