Leonardo announced today that Aerocardal Limitada has been appointed an Authorised Service Centre for its helicopters in Chile. The announcement was made during an official ceremony held at FIDAE 2018. Under the agreement, Aerocardal Limitada will provide comprehensive support and maintenance services from its base at Comodoro Arturo Merino Benítez international Airport, for Chilean owners and operators of AW109 light twin-engine and AW119 single-engine helicopters.
As an established operator of two Leonardo AW109 Grand helicopters for emergency medical service, Aerocardal Limitada has been delivering maintenance services for the AW109 Power, Grand and Grandnew types in Chile for eight years. It is now reinforcing its support capabilities extending its range of services to new models, including the latest addition to the Chilean fleet of Leonardo products, the AW109 Trekker which has recently entered this market.
This latest agreement provides further evidence of Leonardo’s commitment to expanding its range of customer services close to operators around the world, as its fleet and customer base grow stronger. Over 20 Leonardo helicopters are in service in Chile today, including the AW119, AW109, AW139 and W-3A Sokol models performing VIP transport, firefighting, law enforcement, emergency medical service and utility tasks.
Over 400 Leonardo helicopters are operated by military and civil customers in Latin America, making Leonardo a major force in the regional helicopter sector. The helicopters are used for the widest range of applications including naval roles, law enforcement and homeland security, EMS/SAR, firefighting and disaster relief, utility, VVIP-VIP/corporate and offshore transport.
Operating since 1991 with zero accidents, Aerocardal Limitada provides a wide range of aeronautical services including fixed wing executive transport and MEDEVAC, helicopter ambulance services as well as full maintenance for Chilean registered and FAA certified aircraft and engines.
- Airwolf Aerospace and True Blue Power Announce New Lithium-ion Main Ship Battery STCs
- Telephonics flight tests MOSAIC AESA Radar System on MH-60S
- Bucher presents its newest multi-mission HEMS at Heli-Expo 2020
- Astronautics Readies Its Airborne Communication System for Various Airbus Platforms
- Astronautics RoadRunner EFI Brings Enhanced Capability to Santa Barbara Firehawk
- Astronautics Nears FAA Approval on STC for RoadRunner EFI on Bell 212 and 412
- Canada approves Astronics Enhanced Vision Systems on Bell 407
- Cobham Launches Titan Digital Audio Management Series
- Luma Technologies offers Goggle Ready LED Solutions for UH-60 / S-70 Operators
- Air Methods to supply two EC145s to Houston Healthcare
- Kenyan Air Force receives first six MD530Fs
- VFS Leads eVTOL Efforts at HAI Heli-Expo 2020
- Kopter’s SH09 flies with a new main rotor configuration
- Air Methods lowers costs to patients
- MINT Turbines Announces Launch of Redesigned Website
- 26-Jan-20 N72EX Sikorsky S76B Calabasas, US-California (9F)
- Boost Human External Cargo Systems Exhibiting at HAI Heli-Expo 2020
- eVTOL manufacturer Joby Aviation raises $590 Million
- Helicopter Foundation International changes name
- Bristow Supports Republic of Singapore Air Force, Australia Bushfire Relief Operations