Leonardo announced today that Aerocardal Limitada has been appointed an Authorised Service Centre for its helicopters in Chile. The announcement was made during an official ceremony held at FIDAE 2018. Under the agreement, Aerocardal Limitada will provide comprehensive support and maintenance services from its base at Comodoro Arturo Merino Benítez international Airport, for Chilean owners and operators of AW109 light twin-engine and AW119 single-engine helicopters.
As an established operator of two Leonardo AW109 Grand helicopters for emergency medical service, Aerocardal Limitada has been delivering maintenance services for the AW109 Power, Grand and Grandnew types in Chile for eight years. It is now reinforcing its support capabilities extending its range of services to new models, including the latest addition to the Chilean fleet of Leonardo products, the AW109 Trekker which has recently entered this market.
This latest agreement provides further evidence of Leonardo’s commitment to expanding its range of customer services close to operators around the world, as its fleet and customer base grow stronger. Over 20 Leonardo helicopters are in service in Chile today, including the AW119, AW109, AW139 and W-3A Sokol models performing VIP transport, firefighting, law enforcement, emergency medical service and utility tasks.
Over 400 Leonardo helicopters are operated by military and civil customers in Latin America, making Leonardo a major force in the regional helicopter sector. The helicopters are used for the widest range of applications including naval roles, law enforcement and homeland security, EMS/SAR, firefighting and disaster relief, utility, VVIP-VIP/corporate and offshore transport.
Operating since 1991 with zero accidents, Aerocardal Limitada provides a wide range of aeronautical services including fixed wing executive transport and MEDEVAC, helicopter ambulance services as well as full maintenance for Chilean registered and FAA certified aircraft and engines.
- Rostec to show Ansat at Paris Air Show 2019
- SH09 third prototype flies higher and faster in Sicily
- Experts spell out actions for safety excellence
- Dallas Airmotive joins MRO Insider’s Network of Maintenance Providers
- Sundance Helicopters Partners with Hillsboro Heli Academy
- Devon Air Ambulance pilot elected to prestigious flight safety post
- Speakers for 10th Anniversary Aeromedical Conference
- EU wide rules on drones published
- VIKING secures offshore helicopter PPE contract
- HeliOffshore Appoints New Communications Director
- Boeing Awarded $194M Contract for MH-47G Procurement
- 30 years of Christoph 51 in service
- Airbus to mark 50 years of pioneering achievements at Paris Air Show 2019
- US Navy Reservist Takes Helm of Helicopter Training Squadron 8
- Workhorse Group Secures Financing
- VFS Expands Support to eVTOL
- Specialist Aviation Services welcomes new CEO
- Nakanihon Air Service takes delivery of 20th H135
- Air Methods Added to Blue Cross and Blue Shield of Alabama’s Air Ambulance Network
- GHS announces Red Cross contract in Nigeria