Leonardo announced today that Aerocardal Limitada has been appointed an Authorised Service Centre for its helicopters in Chile. The announcement was made during an official ceremony held at FIDAE 2018. Under the agreement, Aerocardal Limitada will provide comprehensive support and maintenance services from its base at Comodoro Arturo Merino Benítez international Airport, for Chilean owners and operators of AW109 light twin-engine and AW119 single-engine helicopters.
As an established operator of two Leonardo AW109 Grand helicopters for emergency medical service, Aerocardal Limitada has been delivering maintenance services for the AW109 Power, Grand and Grandnew types in Chile for eight years. It is now reinforcing its support capabilities extending its range of services to new models, including the latest addition to the Chilean fleet of Leonardo products, the AW109 Trekker which has recently entered this market.
This latest agreement provides further evidence of Leonardo’s commitment to expanding its range of customer services close to operators around the world, as its fleet and customer base grow stronger. Over 20 Leonardo helicopters are in service in Chile today, including the AW119, AW109, AW139 and W-3A Sokol models performing VIP transport, firefighting, law enforcement, emergency medical service and utility tasks.
Over 400 Leonardo helicopters are operated by military and civil customers in Latin America, making Leonardo a major force in the regional helicopter sector. The helicopters are used for the widest range of applications including naval roles, law enforcement and homeland security, EMS/SAR, firefighting and disaster relief, utility, VVIP-VIP/corporate and offshore transport.
Operating since 1991 with zero accidents, Aerocardal Limitada provides a wide range of aeronautical services including fixed wing executive transport and MEDEVAC, helicopter ambulance services as well as full maintenance for Chilean registered and FAA certified aircraft and engines.
- Jordan’s first female pilot trains in the USA
- Rostec attracts UAE investor for VR-Technoloiges
- Leonardo and Falcon Aviation Services launch groundbreaking urban mobility concept
- Airbus delivers first H145M to Luxembourg
- Follow-on Testing for LONGBOW Fire Control Radar Successful
- Airbus signs HCare contract with STARS Air Ambulance
- StandardAero Announces Opening of MRO Facility in Canada
- Mi-38 launched in the international market
- Leonardo delivers AW169M to Italian Guardia di Finanza
- Canada – Nipawin Council hires heliport designer
- Armenian Ministry of Emergency Situations to add firefighting helicopter
- Two helipads decommissioned in downtown San Diego
- Metro Aviation welcomes Duke Life Flight
- Leonardo celebrates the tenth anniversary of AW159 Wildcat’s first flight
- VSR700 prototype performs first flight
- EMSA extends Schiebel Camcopter contract in Croatia
- Sikorsky Innovations Announces 9th Entrepreneurial Challenge Awardees
- Bell joins army partnership for youth success program
- Metro Aviation provides flight demos of the EC145e at AMTC 2019
- HAI Names Recipient of Salute to Excellence Humanitarian Service Award