High-level delegation from the Republic of Zimbabwe made a working visit to Ulan-Ude Aviation Plant of Russian Helicopters Holding Company (part of Rostec). The main purpose of the visit was examination of Mi-171E helicopters in VVIP configuration intended for transportation of top state officials and also familiarization with the terms of helicopter delivery and after-sales support.
Representatives of the Republic had a look at the U-UAP technological and manufacturing capabilities and rotorcraft under production. A familiarization flight in a VVIP helicopter was organized for the delegation members. Tentative terms of delivery of the Plant’s products were discussed at the meeting with the U-UAP management.
“Keen interest of foreign experts to the Russian-made helicopters is dictated by their excellent flight performance ensuring substantial advantages when accomplishing a number of missions. This becomes especially obvious during operations in hard-to-reach areas in the absence of aerodromes and support equipment. Delegation from Zimbabwe expressed satisfaction in the results of the visit to U-UAP, the representatives noted a high level of the Plant’s manufacturing potential and the quality of its products,” Leonid Belykh, Managing Director of UUAP, said.
Russian-made Mi-8, Mi-24 and Mi-35 helicopters are being successfully operated in Zimbabwe for many years. The operators highlight the reliability and failure-free performance of the rotorcraft under tropical climatic conditions.
- FlightSafety appoints Executive Director of Operations
- Blue Hawaiian Helicopters Named ‘Best Tour Company’ in Hawaii
- Bell Awarded $28M Contract for UH-1N and TH-1H Support
- Essex & Herts Air Ambulance to receive £1.5M grant towards £4M hangar
- Aviation Blade Services Joins First Aviation Services Family
- Rusada unveils new Technical Publications module for ENVISION
- US accident data heading for worst year in over a decade
- Derriford Hospital helipad sees 1700 landings in four years
- Geisinger Life Flight Implement WinAir Digital Signatures
- The Air Ambulance Service scoops national charity award
- Leonardo Helicopters picks workwear supplier for Yeovil production plant
- HAI Hires New Director of Government Affairs
- Heli-Parts Nevada acquired by Salus Aviation
- Heli-One appoints New VP H1 Operations
- DRF Luftrettung receives EURAMI certification
- Vertical Flight Society Announces Winner of 2019 Alfred Gessow Best Paper Award
- WJZ-CBS Baltimore Adds Robinson R66 Newscopter
- 1st CAB Commander Makes Final Flight
- Star Navigation Announces MEDEVAC Agreement with Airmedic Inc.
- Airbus makes changes to its Executive Committee