High-level delegation from the Republic of Zimbabwe made a working visit to Ulan-Ude Aviation Plant of Russian Helicopters Holding Company (part of Rostec). The main purpose of the visit was examination of Mi-171E helicopters in VVIP configuration intended for transportation of top state officials and also familiarization with the terms of helicopter delivery and after-sales support.
Representatives of the Republic had a look at the U-UAP technological and manufacturing capabilities and rotorcraft under production. A familiarization flight in a VVIP helicopter was organized for the delegation members. Tentative terms of delivery of the Plant’s products were discussed at the meeting with the U-UAP management.
“Keen interest of foreign experts to the Russian-made helicopters is dictated by their excellent flight performance ensuring substantial advantages when accomplishing a number of missions. This becomes especially obvious during operations in hard-to-reach areas in the absence of aerodromes and support equipment. Delegation from Zimbabwe expressed satisfaction in the results of the visit to U-UAP, the representatives noted a high level of the Plant’s manufacturing potential and the quality of its products,” Leonid Belykh, Managing Director of UUAP, said.
Russian-made Mi-8, Mi-24 and Mi-35 helicopters are being successfully operated in Zimbabwe for many years. The operators highlight the reliability and failure-free performance of the rotorcraft under tropical climatic conditions.
- First flights for new Babcock oil and gas contract
- NHV awarded offshore contract by Shell UK and NAM
- SAFE wins MH-65 maintenance platform contract at UCSG Elizabeth City
- WAI 2021 Scholarship Applications are now open
- Airbus H160 receives EASA approval
- HeliValue$ leads the way with remote helicopter appraisals
- Horizon International Flight Academy Logs More Than 1,000 Flight Hours in its Bell 505 Fleet
- Sikorsky awarded $470M contract for six VH-92 helicopters
- Sikorsky awarded $12M contract modification for CH-53K work
- PAS MRO awarded $9M contract to overhaul UH-60 tip caps
- Rolls-Royce awarded $62M for AE1107C engines for US Navy V-22
- Bell wins $8M contract with Bahrain for AH-1Z flight training device
- Safran to support Dutch Cougar engines
- Consultation under way for Sydney CBD helipad
- US Navy receives first fleet CMV-22B
- Three new helicopters for police in Republika Srpska
- Morocco Orders 24 Boeing AH-64E Apache Helicopters
- Airbus adds 250 helicopters to HCare Smart and Infinite contracts
- Akima Awarded task order for helicopter maintenance at Fairchild AFB
- Gardner Standard Announces the Acquisition of Shadin Avionics