East/West Industries, Inc. has been recognized as a Supplier of the Year in the Global Supplier Diversity category by The Boeing Company. East/West was one of just 13 companies honored April 11 for distinguished performance in working with Boeing.
In February, East/West was notified that it was one of 85 companies worldwide to receive the Boeing Performance Excellence Award Gold. Subsequently achieving the Supplier of the Year designation further acknowledges East/West’s superior performance and labels this class of winners as the best of the best.
This year’s recipients represent an elite group among 13,000 active Boeing suppliers in 57 countries around the world. The selection was based on stringent performance criteria for quality performance, delivery performance, cost, environmental initiatives, customer service and technical expertise.
Founded on Long Island in 1968, East/West designs, manufactures and repairs aircraft seats and other products critical to crew safety and survival. Boeing has selected East/West seats for its SB>1 Defiant and CH-47 Chinook helicopters.
“This is a remarkable honor and a point of pride for our entire team,” said East/West President Teresa Ferraro. “Being named as a Supplier of the Year reaffirms that the men and women of East/West are tremendously capable and responsive to Boeing’s expectations for cost, quality and schedule.”
- Macquarie Rotorcraft Leasing buys Waypoint for $650 Million
- Russian Helicopters to certify a service center in Egypt in 2019
- Bell and Moog Collaborate
- UK MoD details Sea King asbestos risk – and how to claim
- Schiebel doubles Camcopter S-100 production capacity
- Aspen Avionics Names Vice President of Operations
- Association of Air Ambulances Charity relaunches as Air Ambulances UK
- Arts Council renews Helicopter Museum Accreditation
- Able Breaks Ground on Major Mesa
- Donaldson appoints Account Executive for Rotorcraft
- BLADE Launches Urban Air Mobility Pilot Program
- SUU Aviation Program Adds a New Helicopter
- SAFE Structure delivers Lakota stands to New Mexico National Guard
- Mitsui Bussan signs four-helicopter contract
- AAMS responds to CNN article on air ambulance pricing
- Saskatchewan renews 10 year STARS funding contract
- Managing Director at Babcock and HeliOffshore board member shares thoughts on safety
- Garmin® awarded supplier of the year by Airbus Helicopters
- UK AAIB Bulletin – December 2018
- Nepalese Army receives Bell 407GXP