CHC Helicopter unveiled the Ngarluma names of their two new AW189 helicopters in Karratha.
The chosen names, Garlawirrura and Warduwardura, are the Ngarluma words for dragonfly and a small inland grass bird that hovers.
The two twin-engine aircraft carry up to 16 passengers per flight to and from Woodside’s installations on the North West Shelf. They were the first super-medium helicopters introduced into Australia earlier this year and represent a new generation of aircraft.
CHC recognises the importance of learning and celebrating the indigenous languages in the communities in which it operates and asked the Ngarluma community permission to give the two aircraft Ngarluma names.
“Language is such an important part of culture. As part of our commitment to reconciliation and our Reconciliation Action Plan (RAP), CHC wanted to give these helicopters names that celebrated the lands over which they fly,” said Karl Fessenden, President and CEO of CHC Helicopter. “We thought the two names offered by the Ngarluma Elders were perfect, ancient names for animals of flight for our new state-of-the-art aircraft.”
The aircraft are based at the Karratha Airport.
- USMC receives last UH-1Y Venom
- NEMSPA/USHST Joint IFR Helicopter Pilot Survey
- NHRMC Stations AirLink Aircraft at Medical Center
- CHC wins planning approval for Aberdeen facility upgrade
- Profile – Kathryn Purwin of Helinet
- DRF Luftrettung opens 10th night flight station
- Austin Peay introduces first helicopter in its rotor-wing fleet
- East Anglian Air Ambulance flies 25,000th mission
- EASA certifies Bell 206 TT straps from Lord Corporation
- NHV awarded new contract with Ørsted
- RUAG to upgrade eight Swiss Cougars
- JetNet to exhibit at NBAA Schedulers & Dispatchers Conference
- Lobo Leasing appoints Chief Technical Officer
- Indonesian Air Force places order for eight additional H225Ms
- 14-Jan-19 PP-ECF Airbus AS350BA Rio de Janeiro, Brazil (1F)
- HAI Announces 2019 Salute to Excellence Flight Instructor of the Year
- HAI Announces 2019 Excellence in Helicopter Maintenance Award
- HAI Announces 2019 Salute to Excellence Pilot of the Year
- 11-Jan-19 N346AE Airbus AS350B2 Ponca City, US-Oklahoma
- Busiest year ever for Essex & Herts Air Ambulance