Safran Helicopter Engines has signed Support-By-Hour (SBH®) contracts with Papillon Grand Canyon Helicopters and Rainier Heli International, covering engines powering the operators’ H125 and H130 fleets. Each contract formalizes a seven year Maintenance, Repair, and Overhaul (MRO) agreement supporting a total of 16 Arriel 2D engines for Papillon with an additional three engines added over the next two months and six engines for Rainier with one additional engine this spring.
Commented Thierry Derrien, President & CEO of Safran Helicopter Engines USA, “it is with great pride that Safran Helicopter Engines enters into these partnerships with Papillon and Rainier. We appreciate the opportunity to provide this support solution for their H125 and H130 helicopters. Delivering best-in-class solutions is a top priority for Safran and we are delighted with the progress of our collaborations.”
SBH® (Support-By-the-Hour) is a comprehensive “pay as you fly” service solution that provides financial stability through a process of predicting through-life scheduled and unscheduled maintenance costs, and smooths cash flow based on a fixed cost per engine flight-hour.
Lon Halvorson, Principal, Papillon Airways, Inc (PAI) and President and CEO, Rainier Heli International (RHI)– “Papillon, Rainier, and Safran Helicopter Engines USA have been working towards this mutual goal for a very long time and we are pleased to have finalized this Agreement that will be a benefit to both parties”
Papillon Grand Canyon Helicopters is one of the largest aerial sightseeing operators in the world, flying an estimated 600,000 passengers annually on daily tours to the Grand Canyon. Rainier Heli International provides helicopter leasing solutions to the international marketplace. Both companies are owned by the Halvorson family.
SBH® is part of EngineLife® Services, Safran’s range of solutions for helicopter engines.
- NAVSUP WSS signs $2.3 billion H-60 Seahawk PBL Renewal Contract
- Safran opens new CAP 2020 industrial campus in Tarnos
- New Leonardo facility in São Paulo
- Airbus maintains global market leader position in 2019
- Introducing Leonardo&Codemar S.A., a new joint venture
- WAI Board Aappoints new CEO
- Kopter receives Production Organization Approval from FOCA
- Penzance Helicopters to launch with AW109 GrandNew due to Coronavirus
- Airbus improves H175 damper & pitch rod maintenance
- Sikorsky receives second contract for six Presidential S92s
- Robinson production falls off a cliff in 2019
- Rheinmetall modernizing German NH90 flight simulators
- Volocopter and Grab conduct air-taxi feasibility study in Southeast Asia
- CareFlight adds fourth operational base in Darke County
- UK AAIB Bulletin – February 2020
- Air Methods contracts with Blue Cross and Blue Shield of Texas
- Longbow LLC secures $235.8 M contract for Fire Control Radar Sustainment Work
- Devon Air Ambulance adds two Critical Care Cars
- Genesys Aerosystems HeliSAS® Receives STC Approval for Bell 505
- Gama Aviation releases Flight Data Monitoring mod for Airbus H135 and H145