Roy Marfleet, Chairman of Essex-based MDS Civil Engineering has been appointed as a Trustee of Essex & Herts Air Ambulance (EHAAT).
Mr Marfleet, who has been a rugby referee for the last 25 years and officiated at the 2015 Rugby World Cup, has been a keen supporter of EHAAT for a number of years.
He is also a Trustee of the charity SOS Kit Aid which collects surplus rugby kit and distributes it to young people in the UK and overseas.
He said: “I am looking forward to the challenge of supporting the Essex and Herts Air Ambulance. It is a remarkable organisation with dedicated staff who do a first class job.
“I have been a helicopter pilot since 2012 and currently fly a Robinson R66, so I am particularly keen to get to know more about the aircraft and how they are used.”
Jane Gurney, Chief Executive Officer at EHAAT, said: “I’m delighted to welcome Roy Marfleet to our Board of Trustees and I look forward to working with him over the coming months and years. He brings with him a wealth of both business and aviation experience along with a real passion for the work of the Charity.”
- Airbus delivers second ACH175 for superyacht operations
- Nepal – Simrik Air orders two Bell 505s
- Leidos and Rusada team up to deliver MRO and Flight Ops software
- Gama Aviation provides update on Scottish Ambulance Service contract
- Devon Air Ambulance reports 2019 statistics
- Trust International appointed K-Max distributor in UAE
- Babcock lowers expectations for Aviation for this financial year
- County of Grande Prairie commits to help renew STARS helicopter fleet
- Bell and Pratt & Whitney Make Signing Up for Maintenance Programs Easier
- Bell Boeing reveal the new CMV-22B Osprey
- Whistleblower alleges misconduct between FAA Honolulu office and helicopter operator
- Heritage Aviation starts first helicopter route under Indian connectivity scheme
- Pawan Hans appoints new chairman and managing director
- FAA approves Garmin GFC600H Helicopter Flight Control System in AS350
- Royal Thai Air Force orders six Airbus H135 military trainers
- HeloAir appoints new Chief Pilot
- Bell teams with Sumitomo Corp and Japan Airlines to explore Air Mobility
- Airbus Helicopters replaces Keycopter platform with AirbusWorld
- Austrian innovation extends Airbus Helicopters product range
- Bristow Announces Contract Extensions with ConocoPhillips