Roy Marfleet, Chairman of Essex-based MDS Civil Engineering has been appointed as a Trustee of Essex & Herts Air Ambulance (EHAAT).
Mr Marfleet, who has been a rugby referee for the last 25 years and officiated at the 2015 Rugby World Cup, has been a keen supporter of EHAAT for a number of years.
He is also a Trustee of the charity SOS Kit Aid which collects surplus rugby kit and distributes it to young people in the UK and overseas.
He said: “I am looking forward to the challenge of supporting the Essex and Herts Air Ambulance. It is a remarkable organisation with dedicated staff who do a first class job.
“I have been a helicopter pilot since 2012 and currently fly a Robinson R66, so I am particularly keen to get to know more about the aircraft and how they are used.”
Jane Gurney, Chief Executive Officer at EHAAT, said: “I’m delighted to welcome Roy Marfleet to our Board of Trustees and I look forward to working with him over the coming months and years. He brings with him a wealth of both business and aviation experience along with a real passion for the work of the Charity.”
- Airbus unveils Flightlab testbed for new technologies
- Bristow renews service with Navblue
- Rheinmetall to supply digital classroom for German Navy NH90 training
- Garmin honored with consecutive On-Time Delivery Awards from Airbus
- Kaman Announces New Order for the K-MAX®
- Bell Evaluates Unique APT Configuration in Canada
- Eye In The Sky – Flight Data Recorder – achieves NZ certification
- Most US Helicopter Accident Indicators Pointed in Right Direction During 2020
- FAA Accepting Applications for Workforce Development Grants
- Bell marks 40 years of the 412
- NHV achieves ISO 9001:2015 Re-Certification
- Aero Asset report on Q4 pre-owned twin turbine market
- US helicopters conduct unique training with Greek military
- Devon Air Ambulance flies 1101 missions in 2020
- HAI caves in and cancels Heli-Expo 2021
- 21-Jan-21 ZT-RRT Bell 430 Bergville, South Africa (5F)
- NATA Supports New FAA Online Tool Easing Access to Aviation Safety Guidance
- Bid deadline for Pawan Hans extended by a month
- Air traffic controller saves CV-22 and six crew
- HeliOffshore 2021 Conferences goes virtual