Roy Marfleet, Chairman of Essex-based MDS Civil Engineering has been appointed as a Trustee of Essex & Herts Air Ambulance (EHAAT).
Mr Marfleet, who has been a rugby referee for the last 25 years and officiated at the 2015 Rugby World Cup, has been a keen supporter of EHAAT for a number of years.
He is also a Trustee of the charity SOS Kit Aid which collects surplus rugby kit and distributes it to young people in the UK and overseas.
He said: “I am looking forward to the challenge of supporting the Essex and Herts Air Ambulance. It is a remarkable organisation with dedicated staff who do a first class job.
“I have been a helicopter pilot since 2012 and currently fly a Robinson R66, so I am particularly keen to get to know more about the aircraft and how they are used.”
Jane Gurney, Chief Executive Officer at EHAAT, said: “I’m delighted to welcome Roy Marfleet to our Board of Trustees and I look forward to working with him over the coming months and years. He brings with him a wealth of both business and aviation experience along with a real passion for the work of the Charity.”
- President of Uruguay welcomes first SAR AB412
- Airbus to keep NASA’s helicopters flying for up to 10 years
- Viterra and STARS to launch calendar campaign fundraiser
- UW Health Med Flight’s first all-woman crew makes history
- Swire Oilfield Services acquires Helifuel
- Aviation Jobs – statistical comparison between 2019 and 2020
- BBGA calls Brexit webinar
- Devon Air Ambulance celebates exemplary service
- Polar Airlines becomes first service centre for Ansat helicopters
- Kazan Ansat approved for all documentation in electronic form
- SH09 prototype returns home with improved aerodynamics
- Bell Delivers Montenegro Air Force’s First Bell 505
- First Bell Authorized Maintenance Center Added in Denmark
- New equipment options revealed for Ansat
- Safran Helicopter Engines appoints Executive Vice-President, Support and Services
- CGAS Humboldt Bat orders HH-65 maintenance platforms
- Bell Adds Its First European Authorized Maintenance Center to its Support Network
- 15-Sep-20 N489DM Bell 407 Fort Worth, US-Texas
- Christoph 54 completes 50th Operation
- Gulf Helicopters announces the success in qualifying to the standards of ISO 45001:2018 accreditation