Russian Helicopters (part of Rostec State Corporation) will produce light utility helicopter prototype, VRT500, designed by VR-Technologies design bureau, by the end of 2019.
Helicopter rotor system strength tests are now underway. VR-Technologies’ specialists are going to start aerodynamic tests in the nearest time.
The helicopter is expected to be supplied in the following configurations: passenger, utility, cargo, training, VIP, and Medevac. VRT500 will be the first Medevac helicopter in the world in the segment of helicopters with maximum take-off weight up to two tons to ensure loading and unloading of unified gurneys through the rear cabin doors, which simplifies the process and allows significantly reducing time.
This helicopter combines high flight performance and a great price with operating costs, in addition to its spacious cabin, largest in its class. These characteristics shall allow VRT500 to occupy up to 15% of the global market of civil helicopters with maximum take-off weight up to 2 tons. We expect to produce and sell an average of 700 helicopters by 2030″, Alexander Okhonko, VR-Technologies director general, said.
According to him, about 30% of supply would be destined to the countries of Latin America and the Caribbean and about 15% would be sent to North America, Asia-Pacific region, Europe, Russia and CIS.
VRT500 is a light single-engine helicopter with coaxial rotor scheme and 1600 kg take-off weight. This helicopter will feature the most spacious transport and cargo cabin in its class with a total capacity of up to 5 persons, and will be equipped with the state-of-the art glass cockpit avionics suite. With improved performance characteristics this helicopter will be capable of accelerating up to 230 km/h and will achieve a range of up to 1000 km and payload of up to 750 kg.
- Indonesian Army selects 9 Bell 412EPI
- NHV expands executive team
- HAL LCH Demonstrates Unique Capability
- Sikorsky Awarded $7M Contract for CH-53K Systems Modifications
- Adar Poonawalla takes delivery of India’s first ACH145
- Helijet supports Power To Be with new partnership
- HeliOffshore Appoints New Chief Operating Officer
- Unique Aerospace Physiology and Human Performance Update Course to be provided at Heli-Expo 2019
- Triumph Awarded DLA Contract Extension
- Sikorsky grants Make-A-Wish® Foundation with a S-76 ride
- 7 trainee paramedics start at HIOW Air Ambulance
- Bristow FY2019 Q3 earnings release and concall scheduled
- Donate Items to the HFI Silent Auction
- USMC receives last UH-1Y Venom
- NEMSPA/USHST Joint IFR Helicopter Pilot Survey
- NHRMC Stations AirLink Aircraft at Medical Center
- CHC wins planning approval for Aberdeen facility upgrade
- Profile – Kathryn Purwin of Helinet
- DRF Luftrettung opens 10th night flight station
- Austin Peay introduces first helicopter in its rotor-wing fleet