A new operator based in the Channel Island of Alderney is planning to start scheduled services with both fixed and rotary wing. Expected destinations include Jersey – one of the main pair of Channel Islands, the French town of Cherbourg and south coast UK airports at Lee-on-the-Solent and Shoreham.
The longer routes, certainly the two to Lee-on-the-Solent and Shoreham, are expected to be flown with a BN2T Turbine Islander fixed wing registered G-BJED which is already painted up in the company’s white and orange colours together with their penguin logo. This aircraft is owned by Islander Aircraft Ltd, an associate company of Cormack Air Services from Cumbernauld UK.
Initial reports suggested the rotary wing elements would be provided with a Leonardo A109C, after a photo of an example aircraft appeared on their Facebook page. More recent reports talk of a 14-seat helicopter being leased in from the Netherlands, and a company representative yesterday confirmed to HeliHub.com they are expecting to lease an EC155 from Heli-Holland.
We were told to expect further news in about a month. Given the project started 15 months ago, we wish them well with that timescale land look forward to recording progress of this new venture.
Jeremy Parkin – HeliHub.com
- MRO Insider Unveils AOG Mobile Application Preview for NBAA-BACE
- Leonardo delivers its 1,000th AW139 helicopter
- JETNET Launching JETNET for Salesforce product at NBAA-BACE
- LO Helicopter Committee Enthusiastic about Bell 525
- EHang Achieves World’s First Certificate of Unmanned Aircraft System Safety for AAVs
- Schiebel completes successful flight trials
- Candian 2019 Paramedic of the Year title won by STARS crew member
- 21 stakeholders sign Single European Sky agreement
- Scotland’s Charity Air Ambulance to add second base at Aberdeen
- Elbit Systems completes acquisition of Harris Night Vision Business
- MDHI Awarded CLS and training contract
- Sheffield Children’s Hospital Helipad receives £562,500 boos
- FlightSafety now offers safety and security training for corporate crews and passengers
- Hampshire and IOW Air Ambulance missions up 62% year-on-year
- Airbus Foundation supports Bolivian efforts to fight fires in Amazon
- Students STEP into the Future with Bell
- Luton Airport to provide free fuel to Children’s Air Ambulance
- Omni signs 24 month contract with Constellation Oil
- Metro Aviation takes delivery of first Airbus EC145e
- Mecaer Delivers Bell 505 MAGnificent