A new operator based in the Channel Island of Alderney is planning to start scheduled services with both fixed and rotary wing. Expected destinations include Jersey – one of the main pair of Channel Islands, the French town of Cherbourg and south coast UK airports at Lee-on-the-Solent and Shoreham.
The longer routes, certainly the two to Lee-on-the-Solent and Shoreham, are expected to be flown with a BN2T Turbine Islander fixed wing registered G-BJED which is already painted up in the company’s white and orange colours together with their penguin logo. This aircraft is owned by Islander Aircraft Ltd, an associate company of Cormack Air Services from Cumbernauld UK.
Initial reports suggested the rotary wing elements would be provided with a Leonardo A109C, after a photo of an example aircraft appeared on their Facebook page. More recent reports talk of a 14-seat helicopter being leased in from the Netherlands, and a company representative yesterday confirmed to HeliHub.com they are expecting to lease an EC155 from Heli-Holland.
We were told to expect further news in about a month. Given the project started 15 months ago, we wish them well with that timescale land look forward to recording progress of this new venture.
Jeremy Parkin – HeliHub.com
- FlightSafety appoints Executive Director of Operations
- Blue Hawaiian Helicopters Named ‘Best Tour Company’ in Hawaii
- Bell Awarded $28M Contract for UH-1N and TH-1H Support
- Essex & Herts Air Ambulance to receive £1.5M grant towards £4M hangar
- Aviation Blade Services Joins First Aviation Services Family
- Rusada unveils new Technical Publications module for ENVISION
- US accident data heading for worst year in over a decade
- Derriford Hospital helipad sees 1700 landings in four years
- Geisinger Life Flight Implement WinAir Digital Signatures
- The Air Ambulance Service scoops national charity award
- Leonardo Helicopters picks workwear supplier for Yeovil production plant
- HAI Hires New Director of Government Affairs
- Heli-Parts Nevada acquired by Salus Aviation
- Heli-One appoints New VP H1 Operations
- DRF Luftrettung receives EURAMI certification
- Vertical Flight Society Announces Winner of 2019 Alfred Gessow Best Paper Award
- WJZ-CBS Baltimore Adds Robinson R66 Newscopter
- 1st CAB Commander Makes Final Flight
- Star Navigation Announces MEDEVAC Agreement with Airmedic Inc.
- Airbus makes changes to its Executive Committee