A new operator based in the Channel Island of Alderney is planning to start scheduled services with both fixed and rotary wing. Expected destinations include Jersey – one of the main pair of Channel Islands, the French town of Cherbourg and south coast UK airports at Lee-on-the-Solent and Shoreham.
The longer routes, certainly the two to Lee-on-the-Solent and Shoreham, are expected to be flown with a BN2T Turbine Islander fixed wing registered G-BJED which is already painted up in the company’s white and orange colours together with their penguin logo. This aircraft is owned by Islander Aircraft Ltd, an associate company of Cormack Air Services from Cumbernauld UK.
Initial reports suggested the rotary wing elements would be provided with a Leonardo A109C, after a photo of an example aircraft appeared on their Facebook page. More recent reports talk of a 14-seat helicopter being leased in from the Netherlands, and a company representative yesterday confirmed to HeliHub.com they are expecting to lease an EC155 from Heli-Holland.
We were told to expect further news in about a month. Given the project started 15 months ago, we wish them well with that timescale land look forward to recording progress of this new venture.
Jeremy Parkin – HeliHub.com
- Eight Air Evac Lifefteam bases in Arkansas now carry blood
- Malaysian Ministry of Health outsources EMS helicopter service
- Metro Aviation delivers first of two helicopters to HealthNet
- Apollo Air Services to promote Aviation Clean Air purifier units in Europe
- Kaman Recognized by Sikorsky as Elite Supplier
- Maelstrom AFB opens Helicopter Operations Alert Facility
- EHang to Expand Production Facility
- Rotor Accessories produces tear-resistant R44 sun shades
- HeliSpeed signs SAR support agreement with British International
- Airinmar selected by Air Methods for warranty and value engineering services
- Former HAI chairman Wisecup passes away
- AAMS issue statement on HHS report on surprise medical billing
- Wilson Construction upgrades MD500E to MD530F standard
- Transport Canada Approve HTC metal blades for Bell 204, 205 and UH-1
- Nigerian union pickets Bristow Helicopters
- Russian Helicopters delivers first Mi-8AMT to Vityaz-Aero
- EHang 216 Obtained Special Flight Operations Certificate from TCCA
- 04-Aug-20 RA-06353 Robinson R66 Mount Belukha, Russia
- 04-Aug-20 D-HIPO Bell 47G4A Lübstorf, Germany
- Babcock wins major new contracts with Total E&P UK