A new operator based in the Channel Island of Alderney is planning to start scheduled services with both fixed and rotary wing. Expected destinations include Jersey – one of the main pair of Channel Islands, the French town of Cherbourg and south coast UK airports at Lee-on-the-Solent and Shoreham.
The longer routes, certainly the two to Lee-on-the-Solent and Shoreham, are expected to be flown with a BN2T Turbine Islander fixed wing registered G-BJED which is already painted up in the company’s white and orange colours together with their penguin logo. This aircraft is owned by Islander Aircraft Ltd, an associate company of Cormack Air Services from Cumbernauld UK.
Initial reports suggested the rotary wing elements would be provided with a Leonardo A109C, after a photo of an example aircraft appeared on their Facebook page. More recent reports talk of a 14-seat helicopter being leased in from the Netherlands, and a company representative yesterday confirmed to HeliHub.com they are expecting to lease an EC155 from Heli-Holland.
We were told to expect further news in about a month. Given the project started 15 months ago, we wish them well with that timescale land look forward to recording progress of this new venture.
Jeremy Parkin – HeliHub.com
- StandardAero makes component repair acquisition in Europe
- EHA launches European Rotors event to rival Vertical Flight Expo
- Far East air force looking to lease eight utility helicopters
- Hawaii Air Tour Task Force to Address Safety and Noise
- Genesys Adds Integration with PS Engineering
- Helinet announces new president and COO
- 2019 mission statistics of the DRF Group
- Nepal – Summit Helicopters rebrands back to original Fishtail Air name
- Airbus appoints Head of External Communications
- Garmin® unveils the fourth generation GPS/NAV/COMM
- Boeing delivered more new Apaches than 737s in 2019 Q4
- Farewell Message from Matt Zuccaro as he hands over HAI
- Manufacturing of Tiltrotor AW609 wind tunnel model via SLS and Windform
- Sikorsky, Rheinmetall Unveil Plans for German Heavy-Lift CH-53K
- Vertical Flight Society Announces Continued Strong Growth
- Era Group Names Senior Vice President of Business Development
- Schiebel Camcopter S-100 deployed for river pollution crisis in Malaysia
- 25,000 missions for Essex & Herts Air Ambulance
- US Navy selects Leonardo AW119 for trainer – first order for 32 placed
- Bristow used Chapter 11 process to drop Airbus H175 order