A new operator based in the Channel Island of Alderney is planning to start scheduled services with both fixed and rotary wing. Expected destinations include Jersey – one of the main pair of Channel Islands, the French town of Cherbourg and south coast UK airports at Lee-on-the-Solent and Shoreham.
The longer routes, certainly the two to Lee-on-the-Solent and Shoreham, are expected to be flown with a BN2T Turbine Islander fixed wing registered G-BJED which is already painted up in the company’s white and orange colours together with their penguin logo. This aircraft is owned by Islander Aircraft Ltd, an associate company of Cormack Air Services from Cumbernauld UK.
Initial reports suggested the rotary wing elements would be provided with a Leonardo A109C, after a photo of an example aircraft appeared on their Facebook page. More recent reports talk of a 14-seat helicopter being leased in from the Netherlands, and a company representative yesterday confirmed to HeliHub.com they are expecting to lease an EC155 from Heli-Holland.
We were told to expect further news in about a month. Given the project started 15 months ago, we wish them well with that timescale land look forward to recording progress of this new venture.
Jeremy Parkin – HeliHub.com
- Swiss training solution company VRM completes second funding round
- Christoph 49 celebrates 20 years of takeover by the DRF Luftrettung
- Intrinsic Aviation announces JV with Arena Investors
- COVID19 – CHC cancels 2020 Safety & Quality Summit
- COVID19 – Scottish island to receive pandemic test kits by drone
- COVID19 – EpiShuttle arrives in France for evaluation
- DRF Luftrettung H135 and H145 receive EMS equipment
- COVID-19 – MD Helicopter launches flight support for COVID-19 humanitarian missions
- Autoflug and Volocopter partner on air taxi seats
- Rivers State Government withdraws charges against Caverton Helicopters
- Netherlands – HeliCentre buys Entrol EC135 simulator
- Sri Lanka Aviation Unit in South Sudan Receive UN Medals
- Ehang supports Urban Air Mobility themed hotel
- COVID-19 – Ansat to transport patients with COVID-19 in isolation modules
- US Army test launches UAS from Black Hawk
- Australia – Rio Tintopledges A$500,000 to CareFlight
- Hereford County Hospital helipad is now open
- HAI Statement on NTSB Public Meeting of Survival Flight fatal accident
- Metro Aviation announces new Director of Operations
- Kaman K-MAX® Continues as a Proven Firefighting Asset