For the first time in Russia, the new helicopter turboshaft engine Anteo family to be introduced at HeliRussia 2018. The full-scale mock-up of the new powerplant will be displayed by its developer – Safran Helicopter Engines, the world leading manufacturer of rotorcraft turbines.
Aneto engine family features significant benefits: thanks to an exceptional power-to-volume ratio, it offers 25% greater powercompared to existing engines of same volume, contributing to increased mission capabilities especially during demanding missions requiring more power like offshore, search and rescue, fire-fighting or military transport. Thanks to Anteo, helicopters can deliver better performance in “hot and high” conditions.
First 2,500 shp model, named Aneto-1K, has been selected by Leonardo Helicopters to power its new twin-engine AW189K. Maiden flight of this helicopter took place on March 2017. Its EASA certification being scheduled for fourth quarter of 2018. Aneto-1K’s EASA certification will meet that timetable.
Airbus Helicopters has selected Safran’s new Aneto engine to power its Racer (Rapid and Cost-Efficient Rotorcraft) high-speed demonstrator. Twin Aneto-1X engines will contribute significantly to the new rotorcraft’s cruise speed performance of up to 400 kph.
Safran Helicopter Engines has a long-tradition of naming its engines after features in the Pyrenees mountains. Aneto is the name of the highest mountain in the Pyrenees, reaching a height of 3,404 meters.
The 11th International helicopter industry exhibition HeliRussia 2018 will run through May 24-26 in Moscow at Crocus Expo IEC.
- Indonesian Army selects 9 Bell 412EPI
- NHV expands executive team
- HAL LCH Demonstrates Unique Capability
- Sikorsky Awarded $7M Contract for CH-53K Systems Modifications
- Adar Poonawalla takes delivery of India’s first ACH145
- Helijet supports Power To Be with new partnership
- HeliOffshore Appoints New Chief Operating Officer
- Unique Aerospace Physiology and Human Performance Update Course to be provided at Heli-Expo 2019
- Triumph Awarded DLA Contract Extension
- Sikorsky grants Make-A-Wish® Foundation with a S-76 ride
- 7 trainee paramedics start at HIOW Air Ambulance
- Bristow FY2019 Q3 earnings release and concall scheduled
- Donate Items to the HFI Silent Auction
- USMC receives last UH-1Y Venom
- NEMSPA/USHST Joint IFR Helicopter Pilot Survey
- NHRMC Stations AirLink Aircraft at Medical Center
- CHC wins planning approval for Aberdeen facility upgrade
- Profile – Kathryn Purwin of Helinet
- DRF Luftrettung opens 10th night flight station
- Austin Peay introduces first helicopter in its rotor-wing fleet