For the first time in Russia, the new helicopter turboshaft engine Anteo family to be introduced at HeliRussia 2018. The full-scale mock-up of the new powerplant will be displayed by its developer – Safran Helicopter Engines, the world leading manufacturer of rotorcraft turbines.
Aneto engine family features significant benefits: thanks to an exceptional power-to-volume ratio, it offers 25% greater powercompared to existing engines of same volume, contributing to increased mission capabilities especially during demanding missions requiring more power like offshore, search and rescue, fire-fighting or military transport. Thanks to Anteo, helicopters can deliver better performance in “hot and high” conditions.
First 2,500 shp model, named Aneto-1K, has been selected by Leonardo Helicopters to power its new twin-engine AW189K. Maiden flight of this helicopter took place on March 2017. Its EASA certification being scheduled for fourth quarter of 2018. Aneto-1K’s EASA certification will meet that timetable.
Airbus Helicopters has selected Safran’s new Aneto engine to power its Racer (Rapid and Cost-Efficient Rotorcraft) high-speed demonstrator. Twin Aneto-1X engines will contribute significantly to the new rotorcraft’s cruise speed performance of up to 400 kph.
Safran Helicopter Engines has a long-tradition of naming its engines after features in the Pyrenees mountains. Aneto is the name of the highest mountain in the Pyrenees, reaching a height of 3,404 meters.
The 11th International helicopter industry exhibition HeliRussia 2018 will run through May 24-26 in Moscow at Crocus Expo IEC.
- NAVSUP WSS signs $2.3 billion H-60 Seahawk PBL Renewal Contract
- Safran opens new CAP 2020 industrial campus in Tarnos
- New Leonardo facility in São Paulo
- Airbus maintains global market leader position in 2019
- Introducing Leonardo&Codemar S.A., a new joint venture
- WAI Board Aappoints new CEO
- Kopter receives Production Organization Approval from FOCA
- Penzance Helicopters to launch with AW109 GrandNew due to Coronavirus
- Airbus improves H175 damper & pitch rod maintenance
- Sikorsky receives second contract for six Presidential S92s
- Robinson production falls off a cliff in 2019
- Rheinmetall modernizing German NH90 flight simulators
- Volocopter and Grab conduct air-taxi feasibility study in Southeast Asia
- CareFlight adds fourth operational base in Darke County
- UK AAIB Bulletin – February 2020
- Air Methods contracts with Blue Cross and Blue Shield of Texas
- Longbow LLC secures $235.8 M contract for Fire Control Radar Sustainment Work
- Devon Air Ambulance adds two Critical Care Cars
- Genesys Aerosystems HeliSAS® Receives STC Approval for Bell 505
- Gama Aviation releases Flight Data Monitoring mod for Airbus H135 and H145