The Mountain Helicopters Pvt. Ltd, pioneering helicopter service company based in Kathmandu, Nepal and which has been in operation since 2009 has announced that the company has added another H125 also known as AS-350B3e Helicopter manufactured by Airbus helicopter for commercial operations in the country.
The addition of H125 chopper of Mountain Helicopter ‘9N-ALD’ is planning to start its operation from coming week, to its near popular tourist destinations for medical evacuations.
According to Company Official, the six-seater AS 350(H125) B3E chopper was renowned globally for high altitude search and rescue work with an impressive cargo-swing load capacity.
Although AS350 series helicopters have been flying in Nepal for a number of years, the first H125 was delivered there in 2012. In that brief time, Private and Government Companies including the Nepalese Army, Shree Airlines, Simrik Air, Fishtail Air, Air Dynasty, Heli Everest, Mountain Helicopters, Altitude Air, and Manang Air have collectively logged more than 50,000 flying hours with their combined H125 fleet which is a milestone that was recognized by Airbus at Rotorcraft Asia earlier this year.
The H125 (AS-350B3e) is driven by a Turbomeca Arriel 2B turboshaft engine and is well known for its capacity to fly at the high altitude about (23,000 feet AMSL) all over the world. The chopper has also proved its capability in Nepal especially in mountain regions. It has the capacity of 6 seaters excluding pilot and performs flawlessly in Aerial Sightseeing, Mountain Flights, Rescue Evacuation, Corporate Charter, Sling Operations, High altitude operations and other special adventure missions.
According to the Airbus, the H125 series are currently in-service worldwide, and are mainly used for high performance missions in high & hot conditions. “The H125 is a member of Airbus Helicopters’ rugged and proven Ecureuil family and some 6,000 Ecureuils have been delivered in nearly 120 countries for some 1,800 operators.”
Reproduced from Aviation Nepal with permission. This is NOT a press release. HeliHub.com has an exclusive agreement with Aviation Nepal which allows us to reproduce helicopter news which they publish. Copyright and full responsibility for the content of this article remains with Aviation Nepal.
- “Before your flight” example of Airbus proactive support of global safety initiatives
- US Allied Forces Kick-off EOD Exercise HYDRACRAB
- HAI Applauds Utah Rotor Pathway Program Rollout
- Russia in the lead at the 3rd stage of the Helicopter World Cup
- Airbus delivers H145 to New Zealand EMS
- Omni reaches over 100,000 hours flown in AW139 aircraft
- Bavaria’s air rescue is considered a leader
- Sikorsky S-92A™ Helicopter Certified For Expanded Brazil Operations
- Helibras and Airbus bring luxury and power to LABACE 2019
- Kopter participates in Zigermeet 2019
- CHC Safety and Quality Summit Announces Scholarship Program for Female Aviators for 2020
- Omni Táxi Aéreo awarded for most distant Offshore flight ever made in Brazil
- London Air Ambulance appeal receives £2million boost
- Garmin® to certify GFC 600H on the Bell 505 Jet Ranger X
- Airbus Helicopters Delivers 200th UH-72A Lakota
- ARCH Air Medical’s 40th Year of Dedication to the St. Louis Area
- VFS announces Student Design Winners
- Online bookings open for new Isles of Scilly AW139 service
- Countdown to WAI Girls in Aviation Day Underway
- S.A.F.E. Successfully Completes STAGE 2 ISO 9001:2015 Audit