The Mountain Helicopters Pvt. Ltd, pioneering helicopter service company based in Kathmandu, Nepal and which has been in operation since 2009 has announced that the company has added another H125 also known as AS-350B3e Helicopter manufactured by Airbus helicopter for commercial operations in the country.
The addition of H125 chopper of Mountain Helicopter ‘9N-ALD’ is planning to start its operation from coming week, to its near popular tourist destinations for medical evacuations.
According to Company Official, the six-seater AS 350(H125) B3E chopper was renowned globally for high altitude search and rescue work with an impressive cargo-swing load capacity.
Although AS350 series helicopters have been flying in Nepal for a number of years, the first H125 was delivered there in 2012. In that brief time, Private and Government Companies including the Nepalese Army, Shree Airlines, Simrik Air, Fishtail Air, Air Dynasty, Heli Everest, Mountain Helicopters, Altitude Air, and Manang Air have collectively logged more than 50,000 flying hours with their combined H125 fleet which is a milestone that was recognized by Airbus at Rotorcraft Asia earlier this year.
The H125 (AS-350B3e) is driven by a Turbomeca Arriel 2B turboshaft engine and is well known for its capacity to fly at the high altitude about (23,000 feet AMSL) all over the world. The chopper has also proved its capability in Nepal especially in mountain regions. It has the capacity of 6 seaters excluding pilot and performs flawlessly in Aerial Sightseeing, Mountain Flights, Rescue Evacuation, Corporate Charter, Sling Operations, High altitude operations and other special adventure missions.
According to the Airbus, the H125 series are currently in-service worldwide, and are mainly used for high performance missions in high & hot conditions. “The H125 is a member of Airbus Helicopters’ rugged and proven Ecureuil family and some 6,000 Ecureuils have been delivered in nearly 120 countries for some 1,800 operators.”
Reproduced from Aviation Nepal with permission. This is NOT a press release. HeliHub.com has an exclusive agreement with Aviation Nepal which allows us to reproduce helicopter news which they publish. Copyright and full responsibility for the content of this article remains with Aviation Nepal.
- Sundance Helicopters Partners with Hillsboro Heli Academy
- Devon Air Ambulance pilot elected to prestigious flight safety post
- Speakers for 10th Anniversary Aeromedical Conference
- EU wide rules on drones published
- VIKING secures offshore helicopter PPE contract
- HeliOffshore Appoints New Communications Director
- Boeing Awarded $194M Contract for MH-47G Procurement
- 30 years of Christoph 51 in service
- Airbus to mark 50 years of pioneering achievements at Paris Air Show 2019
- US Navy Reservist Takes Helm of Helicopter Training Squadron 8
- Workhorse Group Secures Financing
- VFS Expands Support to eVTOL
- Specialist Aviation Services welcomes new CEO
- Nakanihon Air Service takes delivery of 20th H135
- Air Methods Added to Blue Cross and Blue Shield of Alabama’s Air Ambulance Network
- GHS announces Red Cross contract in Nigeria
- Quark Expeditions new ship has two helipads and two helicopters
- Sikorsky Awarded $542M Contract for Presidential Helicopter Replacement Program Support
- Pacific Heliport Services Receives Provincial Grant
- Deloitte launches eVTOL market report