Triumph Group, Inc. (NYSE:TGI) announced today that for the second time in the last three years, its Geared Solutions business has been recognized by Lockheed Martin’s Rotary and Mission Systems (RMS) as Supplier of the Year for exceptional performance and contributions to its Sikorsky helicopter company. The Park City, Utah based Geared Solutions business took this year’s honor for their development work on the S-97 Raider® gearbox.
Triumph Geared Solutions was one of seven suppliers to receive this level of recognition from Sikorsky this year. The company was recognized for working closely with Sikorsky to develop and execute a delivery schedule for key gears, housings and a fully integrated, ready to install main rotor gearbox for the S-97 Raider. These actions helped to reduce lead times in support of the aircraft’s expedited build schedule. Additional consideration was given for Triumph’s successful support of the Joint Multi Role SB>1 DEFIANT™ program, for which they are providing several key gearboxes, housings and related components.
“We are very pleased to once again be the recipient of such a prestigious honor from Sikorsky,” said Thomas Holzthum, executive vice president of Triumph Integrated Systems. “This recognition is a testament to Triumph’s ability and commitment to partner and collaborate with our customers to help them meet their most demanding challenges and requirements.”
Triumph Geared Solutions, an operating company of Triumph Integrated Systems, is a longtime Sikorsky partner, providing them with a variety of gears, shafts and housing assemblies for various platforms including the S-76® and the S-61R and CH-53 Sea Stallion spares platforms.
Triumph Group, Inc., headquartered in Berwyn, Pennsylvania, designs, engineers, manufactures, repairs and overhauls a broad portfolio of aircraft structures, components, accessories, subassemblies and systems. The company serves a broad, worldwide spectrum of the aviation industry, including original equipment manufacturers of commercial, regional, business and military aircraft and aircraft components, as well as commercial and regional airlines and air cargo carriers.
- Sikorsky and Boeing update Defiant X for US Army FLRAA bid
- Foresight HUMS integrates helicopter-specific data into Digital AirWare MRO software
- Wingcopter secures $22M to expand delivery drone business
- Centum phone location technology approved for Airbus H145
- Bristow achieves ISO 14001 environmental certification for UK operations
- CHC launches partnership for wildfire detection
- Airbus Helicopters resilient in 2020
- CHC wins another UK offshore windfarm contract
- Great Western Air Ambulance reports on 2020 missions
- UK – Children’s Air Ambulance reaches another milestone
- Flyjets adds helicopters to travel planning system
- New multi-million pound Cosford base approved for Midlands Air Ambulance
- Metro Aviation announce STC for Stryker Performance-LOAD Manual Cot Fastener
- Airborne Engines Ltd & Keystone Turbine Services reduce HMU prices
- Drone penetrates helicopter windshield, injuring crew
- EHang joins European Union project to demo Urban Air Mobility
- VNH South successfully organized the 2020 Customer Conference
- Belarus will receive new Mi-35s from Russia
- Airbus unveils Flightlab testbed for new technologies
- Bristow renews service with Navblue