Triumph Group, Inc. (NYSE:TGI) announced today that for the second time in the last three years, its Geared Solutions business has been recognized by Lockheed Martin’s Rotary and Mission Systems (RMS) as Supplier of the Year for exceptional performance and contributions to its Sikorsky helicopter company. The Park City, Utah based Geared Solutions business took this year’s honor for their development work on the S-97 Raider® gearbox.
Triumph Geared Solutions was one of seven suppliers to receive this level of recognition from Sikorsky this year. The company was recognized for working closely with Sikorsky to develop and execute a delivery schedule for key gears, housings and a fully integrated, ready to install main rotor gearbox for the S-97 Raider. These actions helped to reduce lead times in support of the aircraft’s expedited build schedule. Additional consideration was given for Triumph’s successful support of the Joint Multi Role SB>1 DEFIANT™ program, for which they are providing several key gearboxes, housings and related components.
“We are very pleased to once again be the recipient of such a prestigious honor from Sikorsky,” said Thomas Holzthum, executive vice president of Triumph Integrated Systems. “This recognition is a testament to Triumph’s ability and commitment to partner and collaborate with our customers to help them meet their most demanding challenges and requirements.”
Triumph Geared Solutions, an operating company of Triumph Integrated Systems, is a longtime Sikorsky partner, providing them with a variety of gears, shafts and housing assemblies for various platforms including the S-76® and the S-61R and CH-53 Sea Stallion spares platforms.
Triumph Group, Inc., headquartered in Berwyn, Pennsylvania, designs, engineers, manufactures, repairs and overhauls a broad portfolio of aircraft structures, components, accessories, subassemblies and systems. The company serves a broad, worldwide spectrum of the aviation industry, including original equipment manufacturers of commercial, regional, business and military aircraft and aircraft components, as well as commercial and regional airlines and air cargo carriers.
- Sikorsky Awarded $7M Contract for CH-53K Systems Modifications
- Adar Poonawalla takes delivery of India’s first ACH145
- Helijet supports Power To Be with new partnership
- HeliOffshore Appoints New Chief Operating Officer
- Unique Aerospace Physiology and Human Performance Update Course to be provided at Heli-Expo 2019
- Triumph Awarded DLA Contract Extension
- Sikorsky grants Make-A-Wish® Foundation with a S-76 ride
- 7 trainee paramedics start at HIOW Air Ambulance
- Bristow FY2019 Q3 earnings release and concall scheduled
- Donate Items to the HFI Silent Auction
- USMC receives last UH-1Y Venom
- NEMSPA/USHST Joint IFR Helicopter Pilot Survey
- NHRMC Stations AirLink Aircraft at Medical Center
- CHC wins planning approval for Aberdeen facility upgrade
- Profile – Kathryn Purwin of Helinet
- DRF Luftrettung opens 10th night flight station
- Austin Peay introduces first helicopter in its rotor-wing fleet
- East Anglian Air Ambulance flies 25,000th mission
- EASA certifies Bell 206 TT straps from Lord Corporation
- NHV awarded new contract with Ørsted