Helicentre announced their 2019 Commercial Pilot Licence and Flight Instructor Certificate Scholarship Programmes. It’s the seventh year Helicentre have been running the highly successful programmes, which were first created to meet the company’s growing demand for suitably qualified helicopter pilots for both Commercial Air Transport and Flight Training roles.
Previous Scholarship winners have been fully or part-funded through their professional pilot training and have been given career opportunities which have led to full time employment in utility and HEMS roles as well as other sectors of the industry.
head of Training, Captain Bowen said: “Our Scholarship Programme has allowed us to identify and invest in stand-out individuals, fast-tracking them through training and into their first job. Through our Scholarship selection process we have discovered some seriously talented and motivated individuals who have grown from newly qualified pilots to industry professionals. Whilst it’s always sad to lose a great team member, we couldn’t be more delighted knowing they are out there living the dream they once only imagined possible.”
The CPL(H) Scholarship Programme is valued at a generous £55,000 and covers all post Private Pilot Licence training through to Commercial Pilot Licence status. This includes the ATPL(H) Theoretical Knowledge Course, a Robinson R44 Type Rating, hour building and the Commercial Pilot Licence Course. To be eligible for the CPL(H) scholarship, applicants must submit their application form by 31st December 2018 and obtain their PPL(H) by 30th September 2019.
The FI(H) Scholarship Programme is worth £20,000 and funds the winner through the Flight Instructor course, and includes a full-time instructing position after completing from the course.
Prospective applicants can register their interest and download the application form from: www.helicopterscholarships.com.
- StandardAero makes component repair acquisition in Europe
- Far East air force looking to lease eight utility helicopters
- Hawaii Air Tour Task Force to Address Safety and Noise
- Genesys Adds Integration with PS Engineering
- Helinet announces new president and COO
- 2019 mission statistics of the DRF Group
- Nepal – Summit Helicopters rebrands back to original Fishtail Air name
- Airbus appoints Head of External Communications
- Garmin® unveils the fourth generation GPS/NAV/COMM
- Boeing delivered more new Apaches than 737s in 2019 Q4
- Farewell Message from Matt Zuccaro as he hands over HAI
- Manufacturing of Tiltrotor AW609 wind tunnel model via SLS and Windform
- Sikorsky, Rheinmetall Unveil Plans for German Heavy-Lift CH-53K
- Vertical Flight Society Announces Continued Strong Growth
- Era Group Names Senior Vice President of Business Development
- Schiebel Camcopter S-100 deployed for river pollution crisis in Malaysia
- 25,000 missions for Essex & Herts Air Ambulance
- Bristow used Chapter 11 process to drop Airbus H175 order
- US Navy awards $2.68 Billion contract for APKWS rockets
- THOMMEN delivers first multi function displays for the AW129