Helicentre announced their 2019 Commercial Pilot Licence and Flight Instructor Certificate Scholarship Programmes. It’s the seventh year Helicentre have been running the highly successful programmes, which were first created to meet the company’s growing demand for suitably qualified helicopter pilots for both Commercial Air Transport and Flight Training roles.
Previous Scholarship winners have been fully or part-funded through their professional pilot training and have been given career opportunities which have led to full time employment in utility and HEMS roles as well as other sectors of the industry.
head of Training, Captain Bowen said: “Our Scholarship Programme has allowed us to identify and invest in stand-out individuals, fast-tracking them through training and into their first job. Through our Scholarship selection process we have discovered some seriously talented and motivated individuals who have grown from newly qualified pilots to industry professionals. Whilst it’s always sad to lose a great team member, we couldn’t be more delighted knowing they are out there living the dream they once only imagined possible.”
The CPL(H) Scholarship Programme is valued at a generous £55,000 and covers all post Private Pilot Licence training through to Commercial Pilot Licence status. This includes the ATPL(H) Theoretical Knowledge Course, a Robinson R44 Type Rating, hour building and the Commercial Pilot Licence Course. To be eligible for the CPL(H) scholarship, applicants must submit their application form by 31st December 2018 and obtain their PPL(H) by 30th September 2019.
The FI(H) Scholarship Programme is worth £20,000 and funds the winner through the Flight Instructor course, and includes a full-time instructing position after completing from the course.
Prospective applicants can register their interest and download the application form from: www.helicopterscholarships.com.
- USMC receives last UH-1Y Venom
- NEMSPA/USHST Joint IFR Helicopter Pilot Survey
- NHRMC Stations AirLink Aircraft at Medical Center
- CHC wins planning approval for Aberdeen facility upgrade
- Profile – Kathryn Purwin of Helinet
- DRF Luftrettung opens 10th night flight station
- Austin Peay introduces first helicopter in its rotor-wing fleet
- East Anglian Air Ambulance flies 25,000th mission
- EASA certifies Bell 206 TT straps from Lord Corporation
- NHV awarded new contract with Ørsted
- RUAG to upgrade eight Swiss Cougars
- JetNet to exhibit at NBAA Schedulers & Dispatchers Conference
- Lobo Leasing appoints Chief Technical Officer
- Indonesian Air Force places order for eight additional H225Ms
- 14-Jan-19 PP-ECF Airbus AS350BA Rio de Janeiro, Brazil (1F)
- HAI Announces 2019 Salute to Excellence Flight Instructor of the Year
- HAI Announces 2019 Excellence in Helicopter Maintenance Award
- HAI Announces 2019 Salute to Excellence Pilot of the Year
- 11-Jan-19 N346AE Airbus AS350B2 Ponca City, US-Oklahoma
- Busiest year ever for Essex & Herts Air Ambulance