Essex & Herts Air Ambulance (EHAAT) is delighted to announce the speakers for its award-winning Aeromedical Conference on June 27th at Anglia Ruskin University, Chelmsford.
This year’s event, sponsored by Specialist Aviation Services, is again free to attend. The theme is `Paediatrics – Our Care, Their Future’, focussing on the causes, prevalence and changing face of paediatric cases and care in the pre-hospital environment.
The day will included presentations from Paediatric Registrar Dr Hannah Pool, Consultant Trauma Resuscitation Anaesthetist Dr Richard Smith and Adam Carr, Air Ambulance Paramedic of the Year, with keynote addresses by Dr Allan Goldman from Great Ormond Street Hospital (GOSH) and Dr James Tooley of the Great Western Air Ambulance.
Ben Myer, Conference Lead and Clinical Manager at Essex & Herts Air Ambulance said: “After winning Innovation of the Year at the Association of Air Ambulance Awards for last year’s event, we want to ensure that we continue to push boundaries in our Aeromedical conferences going forward.
“Working with children in traumatic situations is a reality for many of us – from pre-hospital care to frontline staff in all three emergency services, family liaison and more. As care providers, it is our duty to open up about our experiences so far, and focus on how we can provide the most effective care to our future generations.”
Dr Goldman, a Consultant in Paediatric Cardiac Intensive Care at GOSH will give a presentation on `Cardiac Critical Care’. After training in South Africa, London and Melbourne Dr Goldman took up his current post in 1998. He is currently the Co-chair of The Charles West Division of Care at GOSH and his research interests include human factors, improvement science and patient safety as well as mechanical support devices.
Dr Pool, a Paediatric Registrar at East Sussex Healthcare NHS Trust, will speak about `Paediatric Challenges’ Dr Pool developed her interest in paediatrics through roles in the south of England and Zambia. She has a particular interest in paediatric emergency medicine, and completed her MRCPCH in 2016.
Dr Tooley, is Consultant in Neonatal and Paediatric Retrievals for the NEST (Newborn Emergency Stabilisation & Transport Team) in Bristol and for WATCh (Wales & West Acute Transport for Children). He will discuss the challenges of dealing with sick children in a pre-hospital environment. Dr Tooley is a Consultant with the Great Western Air Ambulance based in Filton Bristol and a BASICS (British Association for Immediate Care) doctor for Swift medics.
Dr Smith, who will talk about the Manchester Arena Attack, works as a Consultant Trauma Resuscitation Anaesthetist at the Royal Stoke University Hospital and is also a regular HEMS (Helicopter Emergency Service) doctor for both The Air Ambulance Service and also the North West Air Ambulance. He is a MERIT (Medical Emergency Response Incident Team) Doctor for the North West Ambulance Service and a volunteer responder for the Cheshire and Shropshire BASICS scheme.
Critical Care Paramedic Adam Carr of EHAAT was named Air Ambulance Paramedic of the Year for 2017. He will talk about a paediatric cardiac arrest case study. A paramedic for 14 years he has worked for EHAAT since 2013. As one of EHAAT’s Patient Liaison Managers, he also works on delivering patient care post-accident.
- First flight of UAVOS – TITRA joint project
- New Leonardo ASW system achieves milestone
- FAA Approves AeroLEDs For Part 27 Rotorcraft AeroLEDs
- Royal Navy opens new helipad facility in Plymouth
- Airbus improves EC145 anti-collision light
- STARS adds fourth and fifth Airbus H145 to fleet
- Airbus Helicopters will NOT be at Heli-Expo 2021
- 16-Jan-21 517 Bell UH-1H Busdi, Philippines (7F)
- Australia – CASA appoints acting CEO
- Nigerian AF partners with Caverton Helicopters for maintenance
- Container Research Corp wins V-22 aux tank contract
- Naval Supply Systems Command addresses V-22 supply concern
- Australia to replace Tiger with AH-64E
- 15-Jan-21 PH-TTR Airbus H135 Almere, Netherlands
- GAO reports on Washington DC area helicopter noise concerns
- HAI addresses pandemic worries about holding Heli-Expo 2021
- First flight for Airbus H160 for All Nippon Helicopter
- UK AAIB Bulletin – January 2021
- NTSB announces public board meeting on Kobe Bryant S76 accident
- General Electric Aviation awarded $101M contract for support of CH-53K