Dr Louisa Chan has been appointed as the Medical Lead for Hampshire and Isle of Wight Air Ambulance (HIOWAA). As Medical Lead, Dr Chan will join the Charity’s Programme Management Team tasked with overseeing HIOWAA’s transition to a new Clinical Services Operating Model in 2018.
Transition planning began in 2017 and the building blocks have now been put in place for the foundation of a new three-way partnership with, HIOWAA, South Central Ambulance Service NHS Foundation Trust (SCAS) and University Hospital Southampton NHS Foundation Trust (UHS). Part of Dr Chan’s remit will be to oversee the integration of the newly created Helicopter Emergency Medical Services (HEMS) Care group into UHS as part of the Charity’s new Clinical Services Operating Model.
‘I am delighted that Dr Chan has been appointed as HIOWAA’s Medical Lead at this critical stage in the evolution of our service. A natural leader, her passion and commitment to advancing pre-hospital emergency medicine care will play an important part in allowing us to realise our vision of a dynamic three-way partnership. This is a good day for HIOWAA and an important step forward in the path towards transition’, commented HIOWAA CEO Alex Lochrane.
Currently HIOWAA’s Medical Training Lead, Dr Chan has served as a doctor on board the Air Ambulance since 2008. She is actively involved in the delivery of training at a local, regional and national level to staff from multiple professional backgrounds. As Clinical Director for Unscheduled Care at Hampshire Hospitals’ NHS Foundation Trust, Dr Chan is responsible for the management of five business units including two emergency departments, two acute medical units and a minor injuries unit.
Dr Chan said ‘HIOWAA is committed to the delivery of pre-hospital emergency medicine that ensures we provide the very best patient care across the whole of our region. I feel honoured to play my part in achieving HIOWAA’s vision’.
- Indonesian Army selects 9 Bell 412EPI
- NHV expands executive team
- HAL LCH Demonstrates Unique Capability
- Sikorsky Awarded $7M Contract for CH-53K Systems Modifications
- Adar Poonawalla takes delivery of India’s first ACH145
- Helijet supports Power To Be with new partnership
- HeliOffshore Appoints New Chief Operating Officer
- Unique Aerospace Physiology and Human Performance Update Course to be provided at Heli-Expo 2019
- Triumph Awarded DLA Contract Extension
- Sikorsky grants Make-A-Wish® Foundation with a S-76 ride
- 7 trainee paramedics start at HIOW Air Ambulance
- Bristow FY2019 Q3 earnings release and concall scheduled
- Donate Items to the HFI Silent Auction
- USMC receives last UH-1Y Venom
- NEMSPA/USHST Joint IFR Helicopter Pilot Survey
- NHRMC Stations AirLink Aircraft at Medical Center
- CHC wins planning approval for Aberdeen facility upgrade
- Profile – Kathryn Purwin of Helinet
- DRF Luftrettung opens 10th night flight station
- Austin Peay introduces first helicopter in its rotor-wing fleet