Dr Louisa Chan has been appointed as the Medical Lead for Hampshire and Isle of Wight Air Ambulance (HIOWAA). As Medical Lead, Dr Chan will join the Charity’s Programme Management Team tasked with overseeing HIOWAA’s transition to a new Clinical Services Operating Model in 2018.
Transition planning began in 2017 and the building blocks have now been put in place for the foundation of a new three-way partnership with, HIOWAA, South Central Ambulance Service NHS Foundation Trust (SCAS) and University Hospital Southampton NHS Foundation Trust (UHS). Part of Dr Chan’s remit will be to oversee the integration of the newly created Helicopter Emergency Medical Services (HEMS) Care group into UHS as part of the Charity’s new Clinical Services Operating Model.
‘I am delighted that Dr Chan has been appointed as HIOWAA’s Medical Lead at this critical stage in the evolution of our service. A natural leader, her passion and commitment to advancing pre-hospital emergency medicine care will play an important part in allowing us to realise our vision of a dynamic three-way partnership. This is a good day for HIOWAA and an important step forward in the path towards transition’, commented HIOWAA CEO Alex Lochrane.
Currently HIOWAA’s Medical Training Lead, Dr Chan has served as a doctor on board the Air Ambulance since 2008. She is actively involved in the delivery of training at a local, regional and national level to staff from multiple professional backgrounds. As Clinical Director for Unscheduled Care at Hampshire Hospitals’ NHS Foundation Trust, Dr Chan is responsible for the management of five business units including two emergency departments, two acute medical units and a minor injuries unit.
Dr Chan said ‘HIOWAA is committed to the delivery of pre-hospital emergency medicine that ensures we provide the very best patient care across the whole of our region. I feel honoured to play my part in achieving HIOWAA’s vision’.
- “Before your flight” example of Airbus proactive support of global safety initiatives
- US Allied Forces Kick-off EOD Exercise HYDRACRAB
- HAI Applauds Utah Rotor Pathway Program Rollout
- Russia in the lead at the 3rd stage of the Helicopter World Cup
- Airbus delivers H145 to New Zealand EMS
- Omni reaches over 100,000 hours flown in AW139 aircraft
- Bavaria’s air rescue is considered a leader
- Sikorsky S-92A™ Helicopter Certified For Expanded Brazil Operations
- Helibras and Airbus bring luxury and power to LABACE 2019
- Kopter participates in Zigermeet 2019
- CHC Safety and Quality Summit Announces Scholarship Program for Female Aviators for 2020
- Omni Táxi Aéreo awarded for most distant Offshore flight ever made in Brazil
- London Air Ambulance appeal receives £2million boost
- Garmin® to certify GFC 600H on the Bell 505 Jet Ranger X
- Airbus Helicopters Delivers 200th UH-72A Lakota
- ARCH Air Medical’s 40th Year of Dedication to the St. Louis Area
- VFS announces Student Design Winners
- Online bookings open for new Isles of Scilly AW139 service
- Countdown to WAI Girls in Aviation Day Underway
- S.A.F.E. Successfully Completes STAGE 2 ISO 9001:2015 Audit