Life Link III has announced the opening of its new air medical helicopter base in Marshfield, Wisconsin. This new base is a 24-hour operation located at the Marshfield Clinic Medical Center campus, establishing Life Link III’s eighth base throughout Minnesota and Wisconsin. Life Link III’s medically-configured helicopters and airplanes serve as flying intensive care units (ICUs) providing critical care prehospital services from accident scenes and from local hospitals to those that can provide specific expertise or higher level of care.
Life Link III brings advanced clinical capabilities to this region including point-of-care laboratory testing, point-of-care ultrasound, and LUCAS mechanical CPR. “Life Link III’s industry-leading on-board medical capabilities and innovative technology set us apart from other air medical transport services,” said Kolby Kolbet, Vice President of Clinical Services. “Our clinical staff undergo extensive, continual in-service education to ensure the most advanced critical care and technology are provided to patients requiring specialized care. We look forward to providing the highest level of patient care to Marshfield Clinic Health System and its surrounding regions.” Life Link III is also the exclusive air medical transport service for five neonatal intensive care unit (NICU) teams throughout Minnesota and Wisconsin, including Marshfield Clinic Health System.
By using its ‘One Call’ system, Life Link III will continue to work collaboratively with other air medical transport services to dispatch the most appropriate helicopter, whether it is Life Link III’s or another service. The Life Link III Communication Center operates 24 hours a day and can be reached at 1-800-328-1377.
Marshfield Clinic Health System marks the tenth member of the Life Link III consortium, a unique model which focuses on collaboration across competing healthcare providers to advance access to critical care. As the largest hospital-based non-profit consortium program in the United States, Life Link III brings three decades of patient-focused air medical expertise to this region.
- Robinson Introduces a New Flight Training Guide
- Kawasaki Heavy Industries opens H145-BK117 training centre at Gifu
- The Volume of Military and Technical Cooperation Between Russia and Belarus has Exceeded $1 bln
- Reiser to supply first helicopter simulator for Lufthansa Aviation Training
- VNH launches tourism flights with B505
- Oceania Aviation Prepare Right Hand H125/AS350 Cargo Pod
- HAI Releases New Reporting Tool For Rotorcraft Pilots
- European Defence Agency launches Dark Blade 2019 helicopter exercise
- Vertical Flight Society Announces 2019 Board of Directors
- JETNET to unveil new products, features at EBACE
- Veelo Technologies Displays VHA Blade at MRO Americas
- NHV joins HeliOffshore
- Robinson Delivers Two More Cadets
- New radar warning system reliably detects new types of threats
- P&WC announces new President
- BLADE’s New Helicopter Service Expands
- MARPA warns US manufacturers to check new EASA SMS proposals
- Coptersafety appointed new CEO
- Air Methods sets up agreement with Anthem in six states
- Qatar – AH-64E Apache Helicopters with Spare Parts and Related Equipment