Leading air medical transport company Med-Trans Corporation has opened a new AeroCare medical helicopter base in Plainview, Texas, joining a ground ambulance already operating there. A medically-equipped Bell 407 helicopter is now available at Hale County Airport to serve patients in the Texas Panhandle and surrounding areas.
“Med-Trans Corporation is pleased to be able to incorporate this additional resource into the area’s healthcare assets,” said Med-Trans President Rob Hamilton. “This expansion reflects years of successful air and ground medical transports and is a positive development for world-class patient care in the area.”
AeroCare VIII joins seven other air medical locations in Texas and New Mexico, serving emergency air transport in a three-state region. Plainview is located between Amarillo and Lubbock.
Other AeroCare air medical bases are:
AeroCare I – Lubbock, Texas
AeroCare II – Clovis, New Mexico
AeroCare III – Lubbock, Texas
AeroCare IV – Seminole, Texas
AeroCare V – Odessa, Texas
AeroCare VI – Fort Stockton, Texas
Aerocare VII – Lovington, New Mexico
AeroCare Ground 1 – Plainview, Texas
AeroCare Ground 2 – Clovis, New Mexico
AeroCare Ground 3 – Lubbock, Texas
The Bell 407 helicopter has a 300 nautical mile range, a 140 mph cruise speed, and like other AeroCare helicopters, is equipped with state of the art safety enhancements such as night vision capability, XM color weather radar, and an autopilot. Additionally, Skytrac satellite tracking software allows Med-Trans to continuously monitor aircraft position.
“Fully staffed, AeroCare VIII in Plainview will have four pilots, four nurses and four paramedics,” said Business Development Manager Bobby Sanchez. He noted that AeroCare was established in 1988 and became a Med-Trans operation in 2009. Plainview’s ground ambulance service began in 2014 and is a licensed Mobile Intensive Care Unit providing 24/7 transport in the region.
Now in its 36th year in business, Med-Trans has grown into a leading national medical transport provider, focused on establishing professional relationships with leading health systems, medical centers, and EMS agencies. Med-Trans offers a broad range of solutions to help its partners achieve successful patient outcomes.
- Summit receives acclaimed Hire Vets Award
- Blood and plasma preserves aboard Christoph 53
- Airbus expands its power line footprint
- Bell Delivers Canada’s First Bell 407GXi
- Precision Aviation Group is receives Top Supplier Award
- Russian Helicopters obtained an authorization for servicing Ansat engines
- Falcon Aviation Services’ AW169 fleet leader sets 2,000FH milestone
- Jordan’s first female pilot trains in the USA
- Rostec attracts UAE investor for VR-Technoloiges
- Leonardo and Falcon Aviation Services launch groundbreaking urban mobility concept
- Airbus delivers first H145M to Luxembourg
- Follow-on Testing for LONGBOW Fire Control Radar Successful
- Airbus signs HCare contract with STARS Air Ambulance
- StandardAero Announces Opening of MRO Facility in Canada
- Mi-38 launched in the international market
- Leonardo delivers AW169M to Italian Guardia di Finanza
- Canada – Nipawin Council hires heliport designer
- Armenian Ministry of Emergency Situations to add firefighting helicopter
- Two helipads decommissioned in downtown San Diego
- Metro Aviation welcomes Duke Life Flight