Leading air medical transport company Med-Trans Corporation has opened a new AeroCare medical helicopter base in Plainview, Texas, joining a ground ambulance already operating there. A medically-equipped Bell 407 helicopter is now available at Hale County Airport to serve patients in the Texas Panhandle and surrounding areas.
“Med-Trans Corporation is pleased to be able to incorporate this additional resource into the area’s healthcare assets,” said Med-Trans President Rob Hamilton. “This expansion reflects years of successful air and ground medical transports and is a positive development for world-class patient care in the area.”
AeroCare VIII joins seven other air medical locations in Texas and New Mexico, serving emergency air transport in a three-state region. Plainview is located between Amarillo and Lubbock.
Other AeroCare air medical bases are:
AeroCare I – Lubbock, Texas
AeroCare II – Clovis, New Mexico
AeroCare III – Lubbock, Texas
AeroCare IV – Seminole, Texas
AeroCare V – Odessa, Texas
AeroCare VI – Fort Stockton, Texas
Aerocare VII – Lovington, New Mexico
AeroCare Ground 1 – Plainview, Texas
AeroCare Ground 2 – Clovis, New Mexico
AeroCare Ground 3 – Lubbock, Texas
The Bell 407 helicopter has a 300 nautical mile range, a 140 mph cruise speed, and like other AeroCare helicopters, is equipped with state of the art safety enhancements such as night vision capability, XM color weather radar, and an autopilot. Additionally, Skytrac satellite tracking software allows Med-Trans to continuously monitor aircraft position.
“Fully staffed, AeroCare VIII in Plainview will have four pilots, four nurses and four paramedics,” said Business Development Manager Bobby Sanchez. He noted that AeroCare was established in 1988 and became a Med-Trans operation in 2009. Plainview’s ground ambulance service began in 2014 and is a licensed Mobile Intensive Care Unit providing 24/7 transport in the region.
Now in its 36th year in business, Med-Trans has grown into a leading national medical transport provider, focused on establishing professional relationships with leading health systems, medical centers, and EMS agencies. Med-Trans offers a broad range of solutions to help its partners achieve successful patient outcomes.
- First flights for new Babcock oil and gas contract
- NHV awarded offshore contract by Shell UK and NAM
- SAFE wins MH-65 maintenance platform contract at UCSG Elizabeth City
- WAI 2021 Scholarship Applications are now open
- Airbus H160 receives EASA approval
- HeliValue$ leads the way with remote helicopter appraisals
- Horizon International Flight Academy Logs More Than 1,000 Flight Hours in its Bell 505 Fleet
- Sikorsky awarded $470M contract for six VH-92 helicopters
- Sikorsky awarded $12M contract modification for CH-53K work
- PAS MRO awarded $9M contract to overhaul UH-60 tip caps
- Rolls-Royce awarded $62M for AE1107C engines for US Navy V-22
- Bell wins $8M contract with Bahrain for AH-1Z flight training device
- Safran to support Dutch Cougar engines
- Consultation under way for Sydney CBD helipad
- US Navy receives first fleet CMV-22B
- Three new helicopters for police in Republika Srpska
- Morocco Orders 24 Boeing AH-64E Apache Helicopters
- Airbus adds 250 helicopters to HCare Smart and Infinite contracts
- Akima Awarded task order for helicopter maintenance at Fairchild AFB
- Gardner Standard Announces the Acquisition of Shadin Avionics