Leading air medical transport company Med-Trans Corporation has opened a new AeroCare medical helicopter base in Plainview, Texas, joining a ground ambulance already operating there. A medically-equipped Bell 407 helicopter is now available at Hale County Airport to serve patients in the Texas Panhandle and surrounding areas.
“Med-Trans Corporation is pleased to be able to incorporate this additional resource into the area’s healthcare assets,” said Med-Trans President Rob Hamilton. “This expansion reflects years of successful air and ground medical transports and is a positive development for world-class patient care in the area.”
AeroCare VIII joins seven other air medical locations in Texas and New Mexico, serving emergency air transport in a three-state region. Plainview is located between Amarillo and Lubbock.
Other AeroCare air medical bases are:
AeroCare I – Lubbock, Texas
AeroCare II – Clovis, New Mexico
AeroCare III – Lubbock, Texas
AeroCare IV – Seminole, Texas
AeroCare V – Odessa, Texas
AeroCare VI – Fort Stockton, Texas
Aerocare VII – Lovington, New Mexico
AeroCare Ground 1 – Plainview, Texas
AeroCare Ground 2 – Clovis, New Mexico
AeroCare Ground 3 – Lubbock, Texas
The Bell 407 helicopter has a 300 nautical mile range, a 140 mph cruise speed, and like other AeroCare helicopters, is equipped with state of the art safety enhancements such as night vision capability, XM color weather radar, and an autopilot. Additionally, Skytrac satellite tracking software allows Med-Trans to continuously monitor aircraft position.
“Fully staffed, AeroCare VIII in Plainview will have four pilots, four nurses and four paramedics,” said Business Development Manager Bobby Sanchez. He noted that AeroCare was established in 1988 and became a Med-Trans operation in 2009. Plainview’s ground ambulance service began in 2014 and is a licensed Mobile Intensive Care Unit providing 24/7 transport in the region.
Now in its 36th year in business, Med-Trans has grown into a leading national medical transport provider, focused on establishing professional relationships with leading health systems, medical centers, and EMS agencies. Med-Trans offers a broad range of solutions to help its partners achieve successful patient outcomes.
- Boost Human External Cargo Systems Exhibiting at HAI Heli-Expo 2020
- eVTOL manufacturer Joby Aviation raises $590 Million
- Helicopter Foundation International changes name
- Bristow Supports Republic of Singapore Air Force, Australia Bushfire Relief Operations
- Genesys Aerosystems Offers New Line of Digital Radios
- Bristow to merge with Era Helicopters
- AirX proposes new tourist flights from Tokyo Heliport
- Elbit Systems Successfully Demonstrates High-Altitude High-Precision Aerial Firefighting Solution
- PS Engineering announces PAC45 with dual control head – PAC45D
- DRF Foundation to fund external air medical R&D projects
- Twirly Birds annual meeting to be held during HAI Heli-Expo 2020
- Airbus displays its customer-centric solutions at Heli-Expo 2020
- HAI Foundation Online Auction Is Now Open
- FAA Administrator to Attend HAI Heli-Expo 2020
- EHA launches European Rotors event to rival Vertical Flight Expo
- StandardAero makes component repair acquisition in Europe
- Far East air force looking to lease eight utility helicopters
- Hawaii Air Tour Task Force to Address Safety and Noise
- Genesys Adds Integration with PS Engineering
- Helinet announces new president and COO