Garmin International Inc., a unit of Garmin Ltd. (NASDAQ: GRMN), today announced the G3000H, an IFR-capable integrated flight deck specifically designed for Part 27 turbine helicopters. The forward-fit G3000H offers a number of features, including WAAS/SBAS, ILS approach capability, VFR and IFR helicopter charts and Connext® wireless integration. It’s also equipped for ADS-B In/Out, offers visual approach guidance and an HSI map. The G3000H touchscreen interface boasts superior in-flight features and benefits that reduce pilot workload, providing this class of helicopters with the best situational awareness tools available on the market today.
“The G3000H blends a superior feature set and safety-minded technology into a contemporary platform for the VFR/IFR turbine helicopter market,” said Carl Wolf, vice president of aviation marketing and sales. “With the G3000H, we’re excited to bring IFR capabilities in an advanced integrated flight deck and further expand our product offering so our partners have even more options within this class of helicopters.”
Built with a flexible and scalable architecture that can be tailored to a variety of helicopter designs, the G3000H combines widescreen, high-resolution displays with touchscreen controls that serve as the pilot interface to the integrated flight deck. The landscape-oriented displays offer immediate access to critical in-flight information in a consolidated, easy-to-read format. The G3000H also features pilot-selectable split-screen capability that allows for two or more separate pages to be displayed simultaneously, so pilots can easily access valuable decision-making information on a single screen.
The G3000H boasts additional features and optional capabilities, including:
Additional features and capabilities available with the G3000H include: SiriusXM high-resolution animated weather radar imagery, on-board weather radar, radar altimeter read-out, verbal ATC-like TAS/TCAS spoken traffic alerts, European Visual Reporting Points (VRP’s) and much more. The G3000H is also NVG-compatible and is capable of displaying video input from compatible FLIR camera sources.
Garmin is also pleased to announce that the G3000H will be featured on the new Kopter SH09 helicopter, which will consist of dual landscape-oriented displays and a single touchscreen controller. The SH09 offers superior performance for hot and high operations, as well as a low noise signature in an all new, state-of-the-art helicopter design.
The G3000H is supported by Garmin’s award-winning aviation product support team, which provides 24/7 worldwide technical and warranty support. For additional information about the G3000H integrated flight deck or Garmin’s complete line of helicopter products, visit www.garmin.com/helicopters.
Garmin’s aviation business segment is a leading provider of solutions to OEM, aftermarket, military and government customers. Garmin’s portfolio includes navigation, communication, flight control, hazard avoidance, an expansive suite of ADS-B solutions and other products and services that are known for innovation, reliability, and value. For more information about Garmin’s full line of avionics, go to www.garmin.com/aviation.
For decades, Garmin has pioneered new GPS navigation and wireless devices and applications that are designed for people who live an active lifestyle. Garmin serves five primary business units, including automotive, aviation, fitness, marine, and outdoor recreation. For more information, visit Garmin’s virtual pressroom at garmin.com/newsroom, contact the Media Relations department at 913-397-8200, or follow us at facebook.com/garmin, twitter.com/garmin, or youtube.com/garmin.
- Bell Boeing JPO Awarded $144M Contract for V-22 Support
- Bell Awarded $440M Contract for AH-1Z Production
- Airbus consolidates its global digital strategy
- Landing Support team completes V-22 night taining
- New CAP 1747 Report Identifies Optimum Strategy for Flight Crew HTAWS Alerts
- Indonesian Army selects 9 Bell 412EPI
- NHV expands executive team
- HAL LCH Demonstrates Unique Capability
- Sikorsky Awarded $7M Contract for CH-53K Systems Modifications
- Adar Poonawalla takes delivery of India’s first ACH145
- Helijet supports Power To Be with new partnership
- HeliOffshore Appoints New Chief Operating Officer
- Unique Aerospace Physiology and Human Performance Update Course to be provided at Heli-Expo 2019
- Triumph Awarded DLA Contract Extension
- Sikorsky grants Make-A-Wish® Foundation with a S-76 ride
- 7 trainee paramedics start at HIOW Air Ambulance
- Bristow FY2019 Q3 earnings release and concall scheduled
- Donate Items to the HFI Silent Auction
- USMC receives last UH-1Y Venom
- NEMSPA/USHST Joint IFR Helicopter Pilot Survey