A little over a month ago, the Japan Coast Guard (JCG) equipped its fleet of four Bell 505 Jet Ranger X with the DART Aerospace Emergency Flotation System and the aircraft have now been accepted by the JCG.
Installation of the kits took place in Kagoshima, Kyushu, Japan, where the JCG’s 10th Regional Coast Guard Headquarter is located. A DART project engineer travelled to the Kagoshima site to support Bell for the first kit installation.
DART is happy to announce that this project is the first entry-into-service for the 505 Emergency Flotation System, a technical solution which DART designed and developed with the full support of Bell.
Within 12 months from project kick-off, DART Aerospace successfully received Transport Canada certification (TCCA) on the flotation system. In addition, the company received Japanese Civil Aviation Bureau (JCAB) validation shortly thereafter to support the 505 aircraft and flotation system acceptance by the JCG.
Bell and DART Aerospace have worked closely to deliver professional results for the Bell 505 Emergency Flotation System to the client.
The system has just recently received certification from the Federal Aviation Administration (FAA).
- Helicopter Society of Nepal inaugurated
- Three new helicopter companies nearing to receive AOC
- Helicopter operations to be separated from Uzbekistan Airways
- Bristow donates classrooms to Nigeria Immigration Training School
- CSIO Develops new Helicopter Visual Landing Systems
- Auckland Rescue Helicopter Trust appoints new Chief Executive
- Cayman Islands Police orders Airbus H145
- L-3 Communications awarded $22M Contract for TH-57 Contractor Logistics Services
- Macquarie Rotorcraft Leasing buys Waypoint for $650 Million
- Russian Helicopters to certify a service center in Egypt in 2019
- Bell and Moog Collaborate
- UK MoD details Sea King asbestos risk – and how to claim
- Schiebel doubles Camcopter S-100 production capacity
- Aspen Avionics Names Vice President of Operations
- Association of Air Ambulances Charity relaunches as Air Ambulances UK
- Arts Council renews Helicopter Museum Accreditation
- Able Breaks Ground on Major Mesa
- Donaldson appoints Account Executive for Rotorcraft
- BLADE Launches Urban Air Mobility Pilot Program
- SUU Aviation Program Adds a New Helicopter