bmi has appointed Tim Shattock in the newly created role of Managing Director. Based out of the airline’s East Midland’s head office, Shattock joins on 16 May and will take his position within the restructured Executive Team, reporting directly to Group CEO of Airline Investments Limited, Peter Simpson.
Shattock brings 30 years of aviation experience to the role having most recently worked as the Managing Director for Babcock Mission Critical Services in Gloucester, the UK’s largest operator of Air Ambulance aircraft.
He will oversee a team of over 400 staff members with the Chief Financial Officer, Chief Commercial Officer, Operational Directors, along with the Head of Human Resources all reporting directly to him.
Commenting on the appointment Peter Simpson said: “We’re delighted to welcome Tim to the team as we restructure the bmi Exec team to replicate the structure we have in place with our sister airline, Loganair. We are continuing to drive bmi forward, engage with new markets and transition through Brexit. The creation of this role gives us greater bandwidth to focus on the immediate challenges ahead while working with the bmi team, to develop the business further unlocking the many opportunities presenting themselves on the back of solid foundation that has been created over the last couple of years.
bmi operates a 19-strong all-jet fleet creating connectivity between key growing regions on a Pan-European scale with primary gateways at Bristol, Munich and Brussels.
Shattock said: “bmi has a fantastic reputation as an airline that delivers a quality product. It has maintained high standards of professionalism and service across all routes and I look forward to continuing this and also developing the airline into one which can effortlessly move forward as the .”
- FlightSafety appoints Executive Director of Operations
- Blue Hawaiian Helicopters Named ‘Best Tour Company’ in Hawaii
- Bell Awarded $28M Contract for UH-1N and TH-1H Support
- Essex & Herts Air Ambulance to receive £1.5M grant towards £4M hangar
- Aviation Blade Services Joins First Aviation Services Family
- Rusada unveils new Technical Publications module for ENVISION
- US accident data heading for worst year in over a decade
- Derriford Hospital helipad sees 1700 landings in four years
- Geisinger Life Flight Implement WinAir Digital Signatures
- The Air Ambulance Service scoops national charity award
- Leonardo Helicopters picks workwear supplier for Yeovil production plant
- HAI Hires New Director of Government Affairs
- Heli-Parts Nevada acquired by Salus Aviation
- Heli-One appoints New VP H1 Operations
- DRF Luftrettung receives EURAMI certification
- Vertical Flight Society Announces Winner of 2019 Alfred Gessow Best Paper Award
- WJZ-CBS Baltimore Adds Robinson R66 Newscopter
- 1st CAB Commander Makes Final Flight
- Star Navigation Announces MEDEVAC Agreement with Airmedic Inc.
- Airbus makes changes to its Executive Committee