bmi has appointed Tim Shattock in the newly created role of Managing Director. Based out of the airline’s East Midland’s head office, Shattock joins on 16 May and will take his position within the restructured Executive Team, reporting directly to Group CEO of Airline Investments Limited, Peter Simpson.
Shattock brings 30 years of aviation experience to the role having most recently worked as the Managing Director for Babcock Mission Critical Services in Gloucester, the UK’s largest operator of Air Ambulance aircraft.
He will oversee a team of over 400 staff members with the Chief Financial Officer, Chief Commercial Officer, Operational Directors, along with the Head of Human Resources all reporting directly to him.
Commenting on the appointment Peter Simpson said: “We’re delighted to welcome Tim to the team as we restructure the bmi Exec team to replicate the structure we have in place with our sister airline, Loganair. We are continuing to drive bmi forward, engage with new markets and transition through Brexit. The creation of this role gives us greater bandwidth to focus on the immediate challenges ahead while working with the bmi team, to develop the business further unlocking the many opportunities presenting themselves on the back of solid foundation that has been created over the last couple of years.
bmi operates a 19-strong all-jet fleet creating connectivity between key growing regions on a Pan-European scale with primary gateways at Bristol, Munich and Brussels.
Shattock said: “bmi has a fantastic reputation as an airline that delivers a quality product. It has maintained high standards of professionalism and service across all routes and I look forward to continuing this and also developing the airline into one which can effortlessly move forward as the .”
- EDA sets up Multinational Helicopter Training Centre for Sintra
- Entrol welcomes HELISEVEN to its client list
- EASA SIB 2020-13 Provision of ground handling services at aerodromes following COVID-19 outbreak
- Lydd SAR base passes 1,000 taskings milestone
- Boeing Receives $265 Million Chinook Helicopter Order
- Churchill Navigation and Shotover Camera Systems Merge
- USAIG expands safety collaboration with Airbus
- Airbus Fleet Master presents uninterrupted data chain
- EHang Launches Intelligent Aerial Firefighting Solution
- VHA Receives TIA on 206B Version 2 Main Rotor Blades
- Lifeflight’s AW139 fleet marks milestone
- Bristow to close two Lousiana bases with 350 job losses, claims union
- Eight Air Evac Lifefteam bases in Arkansas now carry blood
- Malaysian Ministry of Health outsources EMS helicopter service
- Metro Aviation delivers first of two helicopters to HealthNet
- Apollo Air Services to promote Aviation Clean Air purifier units in Europe
- 06-Aug-20 N911EP Hughes OH-6 Chesterfield, US-Missouri
- Kaman Recognized by Sikorsky as Elite Supplier
- Maelstrom AFB opens Helicopter Operations Alert Facility
- EHang to Expand Production Facility