bmi has appointed Tim Shattock in the newly created role of Managing Director. Based out of the airline’s East Midland’s head office, Shattock joins on 16 May and will take his position within the restructured Executive Team, reporting directly to Group CEO of Airline Investments Limited, Peter Simpson.
Shattock brings 30 years of aviation experience to the role having most recently worked as the Managing Director for Babcock Mission Critical Services in Gloucester, the UK’s largest operator of Air Ambulance aircraft.
He will oversee a team of over 400 staff members with the Chief Financial Officer, Chief Commercial Officer, Operational Directors, along with the Head of Human Resources all reporting directly to him.
Commenting on the appointment Peter Simpson said: “We’re delighted to welcome Tim to the team as we restructure the bmi Exec team to replicate the structure we have in place with our sister airline, Loganair. We are continuing to drive bmi forward, engage with new markets and transition through Brexit. The creation of this role gives us greater bandwidth to focus on the immediate challenges ahead while working with the bmi team, to develop the business further unlocking the many opportunities presenting themselves on the back of solid foundation that has been created over the last couple of years.
bmi operates a 19-strong all-jet fleet creating connectivity between key growing regions on a Pan-European scale with primary gateways at Bristol, Munich and Brussels.
Shattock said: “bmi has a fantastic reputation as an airline that delivers a quality product. It has maintained high standards of professionalism and service across all routes and I look forward to continuing this and also developing the airline into one which can effortlessly move forward as the .”
- FAA downgrades Malaysia safety rating
- Penzance Helicopters launches Travel Club discount for Isles of Scilly residents
- Metro Aviation appoints HR Director
- Becker delivers ADS-B transponders for German law enforcement AS332s
- FindHeli launches helicopter booking app
- Wiltshire Air Ambulance becomes fourth UK EMS operator with Air Operator Certificate
- US Army to buy 31 simulators from Ryan Aerospace
- GE partners with Hybrid Project for high-endurance VTOL UAV
- Lockheed Martin appoints leader of Future Vertical Lift campaign
- FAA issues new diabetic protocol for pilots
- Milestone CEO promoted to top GECAS role
- Kaman to Deliver K-MAX® to Helicopter Express In 2019
- Inmarsat launches broadband solution for helicopters
- Shetland Coastguard team win UK award
- HAI Announces Recipient of 2020 Salute to Excellence Golden Hour Award
- Safran Ardiden 1U engine obtains EASA certification
- Air Methods Celebrates the Accomplishments of Tulsa LifeFlight
- Alberta puts stop to firefighters rappelling from helicopters
- Port of Mangalore adds helipad for cruise ship services
- 10-Nov-19 N827MW Sikorsky S58 Lebanon, US-Indiana