bmi has appointed Tim Shattock in the newly created role of Managing Director. Based out of the airline’s East Midland’s head office, Shattock joins on 16 May and will take his position within the restructured Executive Team, reporting directly to Group CEO of Airline Investments Limited, Peter Simpson.
Shattock brings 30 years of aviation experience to the role having most recently worked as the Managing Director for Babcock Mission Critical Services in Gloucester, the UK’s largest operator of Air Ambulance aircraft.
He will oversee a team of over 400 staff members with the Chief Financial Officer, Chief Commercial Officer, Operational Directors, along with the Head of Human Resources all reporting directly to him.
Commenting on the appointment Peter Simpson said: “We’re delighted to welcome Tim to the team as we restructure the bmi Exec team to replicate the structure we have in place with our sister airline, Loganair. We are continuing to drive bmi forward, engage with new markets and transition through Brexit. The creation of this role gives us greater bandwidth to focus on the immediate challenges ahead while working with the bmi team, to develop the business further unlocking the many opportunities presenting themselves on the back of solid foundation that has been created over the last couple of years.
bmi operates a 19-strong all-jet fleet creating connectivity between key growing regions on a Pan-European scale with primary gateways at Bristol, Munich and Brussels.
Shattock said: “bmi has a fantastic reputation as an airline that delivers a quality product. It has maintained high standards of professionalism and service across all routes and I look forward to continuing this and also developing the airline into one which can effortlessly move forward as the .”
- Indonesian Army selects 9 Bell 412EPI
- NHV expands executive team
- HAL LCH Demonstrates Unique Capability
- Sikorsky Awarded $7M Contract for CH-53K Systems Modifications
- Adar Poonawalla takes delivery of India’s first ACH145
- Helijet supports Power To Be with new partnership
- HeliOffshore Appoints New Chief Operating Officer
- Unique Aerospace Physiology and Human Performance Update Course to be provided at Heli-Expo 2019
- Triumph Awarded DLA Contract Extension
- Sikorsky grants Make-A-Wish® Foundation with a S-76 ride
- 7 trainee paramedics start at HIOW Air Ambulance
- Bristow FY2019 Q3 earnings release and concall scheduled
- Donate Items to the HFI Silent Auction
- USMC receives last UH-1Y Venom
- NEMSPA/USHST Joint IFR Helicopter Pilot Survey
- NHRMC Stations AirLink Aircraft at Medical Center
- CHC wins planning approval for Aberdeen facility upgrade
- Profile – Kathryn Purwin of Helinet
- DRF Luftrettung opens 10th night flight station
- Austin Peay introduces first helicopter in its rotor-wing fleet