Airbus (stock exchange symbol: AIR) has appointed Eduardo Dominguez Puerta, 40, Head of Urban Air Mobility (UAM), a new Airbus unit, effective 1 June 2018. In his new function, he will report to Patrick de Castelbajac, Executive Vice President Strategy and International.
With this appointment, Airbus is integrating all its UAM activities – except its current air vehicle projects – through the set-up of a new unit to foster coordination both vis-à-vis internal as well as external parties such as Certification Authorities, Customers, Partners and Suppliers. Based in Munich, the UAM unit will be operating in proximity of the company’s Corporate Technology Office and Unmanned Aerial Systems in Ottobrunn as well as the company’s helicopter plant in Donauwörth.
Currently ongoing vehicle projects will remain in their respective business units and will now be coordinated by the UAM unit. These include
· CityAirbus, an electrically-powered Vertical Take-off and Landing air vehicle demonstrator (eVTOL), developed by Airbus Helicopters;
· Vahana, a self-piloted eVTOL small passenger aircraft, developed by A3, the company’s US-based Innovation Centre in Silicon Valley;
· VOOM, the world’s premier on-demand helicopter booking platform.
“After a two-year exploratory phase we now need to gear up, build partnerships with various stakeholders, including air safety agencies, and define and conduct pilot projects. While we continue our vehicle projects, the new unit will be platform-agnostic and open for cooperation with other vehicle manufacturers,” said Tom Enders, Chief Executive Officer of Airbus. “Eduardo with his broad experience is the right person to lead us into the new phase.”
Eduardo Dominguez Puerta joined Airbus in 2002 and has held various operational management positions including overseeing Supplier Development and Lean Management. Before heading New Business Strategy at Airbus, Eduardo Dominguez Puerta was instrumental in setting up operations of A3 where he served as Chief Operating Officer. He received a Master’s Degree in Industrial Engineering from Universidad Pontificia de Comillas in Spain in 2002.
- Flight testing begins for the first H225Ms for Kuwait
- Slovenian Police receive first of two AW169s
- LCI launches 1st helicopter co-investment vehicle
- Life Flight Network and Saint Alphonsus Celebrate 10 Years
- Rostec will offer renewal of South Korean Ka-32 fleet
- Leonardo appoints UI International as Korea distributor
- Safran selects Onsight AR platform for remote customer support
- Japanese Prefectures Place Orders for Bell 412EPI
- Air Methods Relocates Black Hills Life Flight Base to Rapid City
- New York Helicopter Charter files for bankruptcy protection
- Denel helicopters not affected by aerostructures business exit
- Honeywell upgrades power and fuel efficiency on T55 engine for Chinook
- Canada approves AS350/EC130 Crash-Resistant Fuel Tank
- Sikorsky Introduces RAIDER X™
- US Army trialing new helicopter pilot training program
- NFAC tests next-generation military helicopter
- Aero Asset’s Q3 Preowned Helicopter Market Trends show improving conditions
- Sikorsky Showcases New Combat Rescue Helicopter
- UK Helicopter Museum celebrates 30 years
- Helity appointed AW139 Maintenance Centre by Leonardo