Airbus (stock exchange symbol: AIR) has appointed Eduardo Dominguez Puerta, 40, Head of Urban Air Mobility (UAM), a new Airbus unit, effective 1 June 2018. In his new function, he will report to Patrick de Castelbajac, Executive Vice President Strategy and International.
With this appointment, Airbus is integrating all its UAM activities – except its current air vehicle projects – through the set-up of a new unit to foster coordination both vis-à-vis internal as well as external parties such as Certification Authorities, Customers, Partners and Suppliers. Based in Munich, the UAM unit will be operating in proximity of the company’s Corporate Technology Office and Unmanned Aerial Systems in Ottobrunn as well as the company’s helicopter plant in Donauwörth.
Currently ongoing vehicle projects will remain in their respective business units and will now be coordinated by the UAM unit. These include
· CityAirbus, an electrically-powered Vertical Take-off and Landing air vehicle demonstrator (eVTOL), developed by Airbus Helicopters;
· Vahana, a self-piloted eVTOL small passenger aircraft, developed by A3, the company’s US-based Innovation Centre in Silicon Valley;
· VOOM, the world’s premier on-demand helicopter booking platform.
“After a two-year exploratory phase we now need to gear up, build partnerships with various stakeholders, including air safety agencies, and define and conduct pilot projects. While we continue our vehicle projects, the new unit will be platform-agnostic and open for cooperation with other vehicle manufacturers,” said Tom Enders, Chief Executive Officer of Airbus. “Eduardo with his broad experience is the right person to lead us into the new phase.”
Eduardo Dominguez Puerta joined Airbus in 2002 and has held various operational management positions including overseeing Supplier Development and Lean Management. Before heading New Business Strategy at Airbus, Eduardo Dominguez Puerta was instrumental in setting up operations of A3 where he served as Chief Operating Officer. He received a Master’s Degree in Industrial Engineering from Universidad Pontificia de Comillas in Spain in 2002.
- Indonesian Army selects 9 Bell 412EPI
- NHV expands executive team
- HAL LCH Demonstrates Unique Capability
- Sikorsky Awarded $7M Contract for CH-53K Systems Modifications
- Adar Poonawalla takes delivery of India’s first ACH145
- Helijet supports Power To Be with new partnership
- HeliOffshore Appoints New Chief Operating Officer
- Unique Aerospace Physiology and Human Performance Update Course to be provided at Heli-Expo 2019
- Triumph Awarded DLA Contract Extension
- Sikorsky grants Make-A-Wish® Foundation with a S-76 ride
- 7 trainee paramedics start at HIOW Air Ambulance
- Bristow FY2019 Q3 earnings release and concall scheduled
- Donate Items to the HFI Silent Auction
- USMC receives last UH-1Y Venom
- NEMSPA/USHST Joint IFR Helicopter Pilot Survey
- NHRMC Stations AirLink Aircraft at Medical Center
- CHC wins planning approval for Aberdeen facility upgrade
- Profile – Kathryn Purwin of Helinet
- DRF Luftrettung opens 10th night flight station
- Austin Peay introduces first helicopter in its rotor-wing fleet