RUAG Aviation is named as one of the first helicopter services providers in Europe to earn OEM approvals for MRO on the new Bell Helicopter 505 (JRX). RUAG also holds reassembly capabilities.
“We are dedicated to providing complete, state-of-the-art support on behalf of our customers and all the helicopters in their fleet. Attending the first available technical courses, like the recent instruction for the Bell 505, is essential to this approach,” states Claudio Zeiter, Team Leader Commercial Helicopter Services, RUAG Aviation.
The completion of the Bell Helicopter Training Academy course also allows RUAG to reassemble the new Bell helicopter. The importance of reassembly services becomes evident during the Bell 505 order process. Helicopters are shipped, partially dissembled. While Bell completely assembles and hands over the helicopters at their North America facilities, the helicopter is then separated into airframe, tail boom, main rotor blades and transmission for shipping to Europe.
“The reassembled helicopters require testing and the certificate of release to service. We encourage all Bell 505 customers in Europe to direct the shipping of their new helicopter to our facilities in Sion, Switzerland. Our trained specialists ensure a reliable and prompt reassembly,” confirms Claudio Zeiter.
Subsequent to training at the Bell Helicopter Training Academy, the RUAG helicopter services center earned the approval ratings for the Bell 505 under their European Aviation Safety Agency (EASA) Part 145 classification. A Center of Excellence for helicopters, the team at the facility performs all maintenance, repair and overhaul (MRO) services on the Bell 505 and additional support services required before start of operation.
The Bell Helicopter 505 (JRX) will be presented at the RUAG facility in Sion as part of the aircraft’s European launch tour.
RUAG Aviation is a one-stop shop for the support of helicopters. Services include airframe MRO, component and subsystems MRO, engineering, system upgrades, complete cockpit and avionics reconfigurations, painting, fleet management, logistics management and support and consulting.
- Drone penetrates helicopter windshield, injuring crew
- EHang joins European Union project to demo Urban Air Mobility
- VNH South successfully organized the 2020 Customer Conference
- Belarus will receive new Mi-35s from Russia
- Airbus unveils Flightlab testbed for new technologies
- Bristow renews service with Navblue
- Rheinmetall to supply digital classroom for German Navy NH90 training
- Garmin honored with consecutive On-Time Delivery Awards from Airbus
- Kaman Announces New Order for the K-MAX®
- Bell Evaluates Unique APT Configuration in Canada
- Eye In The Sky – Flight Data Recorder – achieves NZ certification
- Most US Helicopter Accident Indicators Pointed in Right Direction During 2020
- FAA Accepting Applications for Workforce Development Grants
- Bell marks 40 years of the 412
- NHV achieves ISO 9001:2015 Re-Certification
- Aero Asset report on Q4 pre-owned twin turbine market
- US helicopters conduct unique training with Greek military
- Devon Air Ambulance flies 1101 missions in 2020
- HAI caves in and cancels Heli-Expo 2021
- 21-Jan-21 ZT-RRT Bell 430 Bergville, South Africa (5F)