Metro Aviation is pleased to announce Brian Bihler as the new Rotor Wing Chief Pilot and Alan VanDoren as the new Assistant Chief Pilot.
Bihler joined Metro Aviation in 2009 and has served in the positions of HAA Pilot, Instructor, Check Airmen, Regional Training Manager, and most recently, as Assistant Chief Pilot. Prior to his HAA career, he served with the Charlotte, NC Police Department Aviation Unit. Bihler holds an FAA Airline Transport and Flight Instructor Certificate in helicopters. During his career at Metro, Bihler has performed his duties with the highest integrity and unwavering focus.
VanDoren has worked for Metro Aviation since 2017 as Part 135 Instructor and Check Airman. Prior to joining Metro Aviation, VanDoren served as an HAA Pilot and Lead Pilot, Chief Pilot within a corporate flight department, and as the Director of Flight Training for LeTourneau University in Longview, TX. He is still actively involved with LeTourneau as an adjunct faculty member, teaching online courses in Aviation Law, Management and Human Factors and Safety. VanDoren holds an FAA Airline Transport Pilot and Flight Instructor Certificate in helicopters and airplanes, and is a licensed airframe and powerplant mechanic.
Bihler and VanDoren’s experience and leadership abilities will greatly serve Metro Aviation’s OCC, pilots, and operations customers.
- Ultimate Heli Renewal of ISO 9001:2015 Certification
- Leonardo delivers its first basic training AW169 to the Italian Army
- Airbus forms Team Nightjar for Australian special ops bid
- Boston MedFlight Reaches 80,000 Patient Transport Milestone
- US approves sale of one Sikorsky UH-60M to Jordan
- Northrop Grumman Supports Government Flight Testing of the MQ-8C Fire Scout Radar
- TUM developing AR solution for ship landings in rough seas
- DRF take stock of the corona pandemic in Germany
- DSCA approves sale of 6 UH-60M to Lithuania
- AirLink lands at Klamath County Fire District
- Accel-KKR and ParkerGale join forces to back ATP in its acquisition of FlightDocs
- New helipad opens at Royal Devon and Exeter hospital
- DRF tests droplet spread inside helicopters
- HeliTSA launches Rolls-Royce M250/RR300 engine training
- UK AAIB Bulletin – July 2020
- 14th Annual Electric Aircraft Symposium Goes Virtual
- New South Wales Government supports eVTOL development with grant
- HeliOffshore Appoints Chief Executive Officer
- Patria consolidates its helicopter maintenance operations in Norway
- Russian Helicopters delivers two Mi-8MTV-1 to Yamal Airlines