Metro Aviation is pleased to announce Brian Bihler as the new Rotor Wing Chief Pilot and Alan VanDoren as the new Assistant Chief Pilot.
Bihler joined Metro Aviation in 2009 and has served in the positions of HAA Pilot, Instructor, Check Airmen, Regional Training Manager, and most recently, as Assistant Chief Pilot. Prior to his HAA career, he served with the Charlotte, NC Police Department Aviation Unit. Bihler holds an FAA Airline Transport and Flight Instructor Certificate in helicopters. During his career at Metro, Bihler has performed his duties with the highest integrity and unwavering focus.
VanDoren has worked for Metro Aviation since 2017 as Part 135 Instructor and Check Airman. Prior to joining Metro Aviation, VanDoren served as an HAA Pilot and Lead Pilot, Chief Pilot within a corporate flight department, and as the Director of Flight Training for LeTourneau University in Longview, TX. He is still actively involved with LeTourneau as an adjunct faculty member, teaching online courses in Aviation Law, Management and Human Factors and Safety. VanDoren holds an FAA Airline Transport Pilot and Flight Instructor Certificate in helicopters and airplanes, and is a licensed airframe and powerplant mechanic.
Bihler and VanDoren’s experience and leadership abilities will greatly serve Metro Aviation’s OCC, pilots, and operations customers.
- Sikorsky awarded $13M contract for UH-60M Black Hawk
- VMM-163 launch oceanographic sensors from MV-22B Osprey
- Kaman announces date for 2020Q3 earnings
- CPI Aerostructures Receives Orders Totaling $1.4M
- Liaoning accelerates the construction of aviation fire emergency rescue system
- Mountain Area Medical Airlift adds EC145e to fleet
- Bell Delivers Three B407GXis to Polish National Police
- SH09 third prototype achieved several firsts
- Spanish operator Helity adds new scheduled route
- THC wins AW139 contract from Red Sea Development Company
- Russia to open military office in Serbia
- US DoD picks Sea Machines for autonomous VTOL replenishment vessels
- Taiwan Police seize unregistered Robinson R22
- Blackjacks test MV-22s on LPD-class ship
- Genesys Aerosystem’s Modernized Avionics Suite on Black Hawks Now Certified
- Trinidad & Tobago Air Guard to reactivate one of four AW139s
- ATSB reminds pilots of Low Rotor RPM response time
- Former Bristow Nigeria employees in court on parts theft charges
- Ace Aeronautics opens paint booth and media blast facility
- Uber Elevate teams with GE Aviation for flight data monitoring