Metro Aviation is pleased to announce Brian Bihler as the new Rotor Wing Chief Pilot and Alan VanDoren as the new Assistant Chief Pilot.
Bihler joined Metro Aviation in 2009 and has served in the positions of HAA Pilot, Instructor, Check Airmen, Regional Training Manager, and most recently, as Assistant Chief Pilot. Prior to his HAA career, he served with the Charlotte, NC Police Department Aviation Unit. Bihler holds an FAA Airline Transport and Flight Instructor Certificate in helicopters. During his career at Metro, Bihler has performed his duties with the highest integrity and unwavering focus.
VanDoren has worked for Metro Aviation since 2017 as Part 135 Instructor and Check Airman. Prior to joining Metro Aviation, VanDoren served as an HAA Pilot and Lead Pilot, Chief Pilot within a corporate flight department, and as the Director of Flight Training for LeTourneau University in Longview, TX. He is still actively involved with LeTourneau as an adjunct faculty member, teaching online courses in Aviation Law, Management and Human Factors and Safety. VanDoren holds an FAA Airline Transport Pilot and Flight Instructor Certificate in helicopters and airplanes, and is a licensed airframe and powerplant mechanic.
Bihler and VanDoren’s experience and leadership abilities will greatly serve Metro Aviation’s OCC, pilots, and operations customers.
- Macquarie Rotorcraft Leasing buys Waypoint for $650 Million
- Russian Helicopters to certify a service center in Egypt in 2019
- Bell and Moog Collaborate
- UK MoD details Sea King asbestos risk – and how to claim
- Schiebel doubles Camcopter S-100 production capacity
- Aspen Avionics Names Vice President of Operations
- Association of Air Ambulances Charity relaunches as Air Ambulances UK
- Arts Council renews Helicopter Museum Accreditation
- Able Breaks Ground on Major Mesa
- Donaldson appoints Account Executive for Rotorcraft
- BLADE Launches Urban Air Mobility Pilot Program
- SUU Aviation Program Adds a New Helicopter
- SAFE Structure delivers Lakota stands to New Mexico National Guard
- Mitsui Bussan signs four-helicopter contract
- AAMS responds to CNN article on air ambulance pricing
- Saskatchewan renews 10 year STARS funding contract
- Managing Director at Babcock and HeliOffshore board member shares thoughts on safety
- Garmin® awarded supplier of the year by Airbus Helicopters
- UK AAIB Bulletin – December 2018
- Nepalese Army receives Bell 407GXP