Dallas Avionics, Inc. announced today that the company is now taking pre-orders on the soon-to-be-certified uAvionix skyBeacon. The skyBeacon is the first in the series of uAvionix’s revolutionary ADS-B solutions for the certified aircraft market. The skyBeacon offers wing-tip mounted ADS-B OUT with WAAS GPS and LED position and anti-collision strobe lights that meets the requirements of the Federal Aviation Administration (FAA) ADS-B 2020 mandate when paired with an existing Mode C transponder.
“The skyBeacon offers owners of light aircraft a cost effective, ADS-B solution that is easy to install and also provides nice LED navigation and anti-collision lighting as a value add,” said Dallas Avionics sales representative Scott Edwards.
The skyBeacon works with any existing mode C transponder. Installation time is expected to be less than 15 minutes instead of hours for competitive solutions, resulting in the lowest cost of ownership for a compliant, certified ADS-B out solution.
“We will begin taking pre-orders for skyBeacon for an introductory retail price of $1,849 on June 4. This is the lowest cost of ownership product on the market for ADS-B compliance, including installation” said Edwards.
The skyBeacon has completed environmental testing and is currently undergoing performance testing and uAvionix expects that the TSO will be completed by the end of June.
“We are pleased to be working with Dallas Avionics to bring the skyBeacon to their loyal customers,” said President of uAvionix Christian Ramsey. “The skyBeacon was designed to help the general aviation market meet the FAA requirements in a cost effective, easy to install solution.”
- President of Uruguay welcomes first SAR AB412
- Airbus to keep NASA’s helicopters flying for up to 10 years
- Viterra and STARS to launch calendar campaign fundraiser
- UW Health Med Flight’s first all-woman crew makes history
- Swire Oilfield Services acquires Helifuel
- Aviation Jobs – statistical comparison between 2019 and 2020
- BBGA calls Brexit webinar
- Devon Air Ambulance celebates exemplary service
- Polar Airlines becomes first service centre for Ansat helicopters
- Kazan Ansat approved for all documentation in electronic form
- SH09 prototype returns home with improved aerodynamics
- Bell Delivers Montenegro Air Force’s First Bell 505
- First Bell Authorized Maintenance Center Added in Denmark
- New equipment options revealed for Ansat
- Safran Helicopter Engines appoints Executive Vice-President, Support and Services
- CGAS Humboldt Bat orders HH-65 maintenance platforms
- Bell Adds Its First European Authorized Maintenance Center to its Support Network
- 15-Sep-20 N489DM Bell 407 Fort Worth, US-Texas
- Christoph 54 completes 50th Operation
- Gulf Helicopters announces the success in qualifying to the standards of ISO 45001:2018 accreditation