Dallas Avionics, Inc. announced today that the company is now taking pre-orders on the soon-to-be-certified uAvionix skyBeacon. The skyBeacon is the first in the series of uAvionix’s revolutionary ADS-B solutions for the certified aircraft market. The skyBeacon offers wing-tip mounted ADS-B OUT with WAAS GPS and LED position and anti-collision strobe lights that meets the requirements of the Federal Aviation Administration (FAA) ADS-B 2020 mandate when paired with an existing Mode C transponder.
“The skyBeacon offers owners of light aircraft a cost effective, ADS-B solution that is easy to install and also provides nice LED navigation and anti-collision lighting as a value add,” said Dallas Avionics sales representative Scott Edwards.
The skyBeacon works with any existing mode C transponder. Installation time is expected to be less than 15 minutes instead of hours for competitive solutions, resulting in the lowest cost of ownership for a compliant, certified ADS-B out solution.
“We will begin taking pre-orders for skyBeacon for an introductory retail price of $1,849 on June 4. This is the lowest cost of ownership product on the market for ADS-B compliance, including installation” said Edwards.
The skyBeacon has completed environmental testing and is currently undergoing performance testing and uAvionix expects that the TSO will be completed by the end of June.
“We are pleased to be working with Dallas Avionics to bring the skyBeacon to their loyal customers,” said President of uAvionix Christian Ramsey. “The skyBeacon was designed to help the general aviation market meet the FAA requirements in a cost effective, easy to install solution.”
- Air Methods donates AS350B2 to Mercy Air Africa
- ITT Enidine selected as partner for Bell 360 program
- PS Engineering responds to customer requests with latest PAC45J audio controller
- Bell Opens Global Commercial Business Center
- GKN Aerospace promotes its role in German NH90 order
- NZ helicopter operator charged over volcano tourist health and safety
- Korean Air extends USMC H-53 APAC maintenance contract
- Aviation Data Solutions launches unique software solutions for operators and handling agents
- ConnectSkies agency champions ‘green’ helicopters
- Transport Canada strengthens ELT requirements
- GKN wins Boeing silver award for AH-64 and CH-47 program work
- Edmonton Police take delivery of new Airbus H125
- South Korea certifies the VK-2500PS-03 engine for the Mi-171A2
- Wales Air Ambulance starts 24×7 ops
- DynCorp extends CalFire support contract
- Germany procures 31 NH90s for Navy role
- NASA Begins Flight Testing Campaign for Future Airspace Mobility
- EASA Approves HTC Blades for Bell Huey
- Philippine Navy completes vertrep exercise with AW109
- Milestone delivers first S92 to Caverton Helicopters