Dallas Avionics, Inc. announced today that the company is now taking pre-orders on the soon-to-be-certified uAvionix skyBeacon. The skyBeacon is the first in the series of uAvionix’s revolutionary ADS-B solutions for the certified aircraft market. The skyBeacon offers wing-tip mounted ADS-B OUT with WAAS GPS and LED position and anti-collision strobe lights that meets the requirements of the Federal Aviation Administration (FAA) ADS-B 2020 mandate when paired with an existing Mode C transponder.
“The skyBeacon offers owners of light aircraft a cost effective, ADS-B solution that is easy to install and also provides nice LED navigation and anti-collision lighting as a value add,” said Dallas Avionics sales representative Scott Edwards.
The skyBeacon works with any existing mode C transponder. Installation time is expected to be less than 15 minutes instead of hours for competitive solutions, resulting in the lowest cost of ownership for a compliant, certified ADS-B out solution.
“We will begin taking pre-orders for skyBeacon for an introductory retail price of $1,849 on June 4. This is the lowest cost of ownership product on the market for ADS-B compliance, including installation” said Edwards.
The skyBeacon has completed environmental testing and is currently undergoing performance testing and uAvionix expects that the TSO will be completed by the end of June.
“We are pleased to be working with Dallas Avionics to bring the skyBeacon to their loyal customers,” said President of uAvionix Christian Ramsey. “The skyBeacon was designed to help the general aviation market meet the FAA requirements in a cost effective, easy to install solution.”
- Macquarie Rotorcraft Leasing buys Waypoint for $650 Million
- Russian Helicopters to certify a service center in Egypt in 2019
- Bell and Moog Collaborate
- UK MoD details Sea King asbestos risk – and how to claim
- Schiebel doubles Camcopter S-100 production capacity
- Aspen Avionics Names Vice President of Operations
- Association of Air Ambulances Charity relaunches as Air Ambulances UK
- Arts Council renews Helicopter Museum Accreditation
- Able Breaks Ground on Major Mesa
- Donaldson appoints Account Executive for Rotorcraft
- BLADE Launches Urban Air Mobility Pilot Program
- SUU Aviation Program Adds a New Helicopter
- SAFE Structure delivers Lakota stands to New Mexico National Guard
- Mitsui Bussan signs four-helicopter contract
- AAMS responds to CNN article on air ambulance pricing
- Saskatchewan renews 10 year STARS funding contract
- Managing Director at Babcock and HeliOffshore board member shares thoughts on safety
- Garmin® awarded supplier of the year by Airbus Helicopters
- UK AAIB Bulletin – December 2018
- Nepalese Army receives Bell 407GXP