Airwork’s range of maintenance support plans has reached the major milestone of supporting customers who have flown collectively in excess of 300,000 flight hours with their Honeywell LTS101 series engines.
With customers located across five continents, Airwork has proved that location is no barrier to providing professional and superior service.
Their extensive pool of rental components allows operators to stay in the air and with the fixed hourly rate there are no surprises when it comes to budgeting and cost management for routine maintenance.
Maintenance plans were developed as a means for customers to manage their helicopter maintenance costs and Airwork has refined these over 30 years.
“We currently operate four BK117 helicopters which are supported by one of Airwork’s support plans. Airwork’s excellent support and high-quality products allow us to maximise the usage of our helicopters to the highest level while maintaining transparency on routine maintenance costs.” Susan Stanley, CEO at Rotor-Lift Aviation.
The latest addition to the maintenance programme the Airwork Support Plan (ASP) provides a solution to on-going and future routine maintenance and overhaul requirements. Plans can be tailored to suit individual needs for a fixed hourly rate based on the number of hours flown each month. The plans currently offer support to operators of AS350/355 and BK117 helicopters and support the Honeywell LTS101 Engine series (600, 650, 700, 750 & 850 series). Plans for other helicopter types and component plans can be priced on request.
From single aircraft operators to multi-aircraft fleet customers, there is a package to suit all types of operations. The range of ASP vary from the Essential Plan that covers Engines only through to the Advanced Plan which covers engines, dynamic components, airframe and rotor blades. All plans include door to door freight, loan components and 24/7 AOG support.
Airwork is one of the most comprehensive OEM approved helicopter maintenance, repair and overhaul facilities in the world. That means you will deal directly with the qualified engineering and maintenance experts supporting your helicopter.
- Dickson sworn in as new FAA Administrator
- Bell Announces 200th Bell 505 Jet Ranger X Delivery
- Pratt & Whitney to Open New Engine Overhaul Centre in Brazil
- Life Flight Network Achieves NAAMTA Medical Transport Accreditation
- WAI Receives Grant from the ISTAT Foundation
- Cornwall Air Ambulance appoints first Vice President
- Kopter enters the Brazilian market
- Leonardo confirms solid presence in the Brazilian VIP market at
- Elbit to supply components for CV-22 Color Helmet Mounted Display System
- East Anglia Air Ambulance to extend Norwich head office
- Forecast International Publishes White Paper on Global Outlook for Helicopters
- German NH90s get upgrade with Rohde & Schwarz radios
- Airbus now accepting nominations for sixth annual ‘Innovation in Safety Award’
- Hampshire and Isle of Wight Air Ambulance Shortlisted for Third Sector Awards
- Thames Valley Air Ambulance partners with what3words app
- STARS announces winners of $4.1M Saskatchewan Lottery
- Genesys Aerosystems Equipped Leonardo TH-119 Achieves IFR Certification
- Boeing opens V-22 production facility
- Helicentre Announces Bristow CPL(H) Scholarship
- Keynote Speakers Announced for CHC Safety & Quality Summit