Airbus Helicopters has delivered the fifth and final H135 that will be used by the German Armed Forces in Bückeburg to train their pilots. The German Federal Office for Bundeswehr Equipment, Information Technology and In-Service Support (BAAINBw) is leasing these helicopters – all delivered on time by Airbus – for initial and recurrent pilot training.
These five H135s join 14 others from the H135 family, which have been in service for training at the Bundeswehr since 2000, where they have accumulated more than 100,000 flight hours.
The lightweight twin-engine H135 is used by military forces worldwide to train their personnel. Among others, armed forces from Great Britain, Switzerland, Portugal and Australia put their trust in the H135 family for this mission. In total, more than 1,300 helicopters from the H135 family have been delivered to customers worldwide, clocking up more than 4.5 million flight hours.
In addition to training, the H135 performs a wide range of missions including Emergency Medical Services (EMS), law enforcement, corporate transport and maintenance of offshore wind farms.
- Falcon Aviation starts AW169 helicopter transport operations in Kuwait
- Vertical Flight Society to Highlight eVTOL Revolution at Heli-Expo 2019
- Upgrades to Inverness hospital life-Saving Helipad
- Portugal’s Air Force takes delivery of first two AW119Kx
- USCG starts MH-65E Initial Operational Test And Evaluation
- Honeywell to launch eVTOL hybrid-electric propulsion system at Heli-Expo 2019
- Advanced Turbine Engine Company Files Protest For ITEP
- Nominations Open for the International Aerial Firefighting Awards 2019
- Heligo receives its first H145
- DRF releases 2018 operating statistics
- IBAC Welcomes New IS-BAO Operations Manager
- HAL takes leading role in organising Aero India 2019
- Russian Helicopters identified potential partners in localization of Ka-226T in India
- DRF Luftrettung – “Use of unmanned aerial vehicles in emergency medicine”
- Genesys HeliSAS stability augmentation system now certified for IFR
- Ace Aeronautics sells three UH-60s to Austrian military
- DRF Luftrettung and Lufthansa Aviation Training cooperate
- Russian Helicopters to take part in Aero India 2019
- Canada donates surplus Coast Guard Bo105 to BCIT
- Major PHI shareholder issues Open Letter to Management