Airbus Helicopters has delivered the first two of a total of six H145 helicopters to Swiss Air-Rescue Rega. These will replace Rega’s existing fleet of EC145 helicopters, which will be phased out by mid-2019. The first H145 helicopter is expected to be deployed at the Bern base in October.
Over a period of 15 years, the six EC145s have proven themselves to be reliable and versatile rescue helicopters, providing airborne medical assistance to around 60,000 patients to date. Thanks in part to these positive experiences, Rega is now opting for the H145, the successor to the EC145. “The H145 represents a continuation of our success story and ensures that we can continue to provide our patients with reliable and professional help in the years to come,” said Ernst Kohler, CEO of Rega.
“We are proud that such an internationally renowned operator as Rega has placed its trust in our H145 family over such a long period of time,” said Wolfgang Schoder, CEO of Airbus Helicopters Deutschland.
The H145 is the market leader for police and rescue missions with a combined fleet of over 200 helicopters worldwide, which have jointly accumulated more than 100,000 flight hours. The agile H145 is particularly well suited for special intensive care transports thanks to its spacious cabin and a maximum take-off weight of 3.7 tons. The helicopters are equipped with the Helionix digital avionics suite, providing user-friendly flight data management and a high-performance 4-axis autopilot, which considerably reduces pilot workload during missions. Its particularly low acoustic footprint makes the H145 the quietest helicopter in its class.
- Mornington Sanford Aviation adds EASA Part 147 approval for Robinson maintenance training
- Savback Helicopters opens in the UK
- CNC deploys new mission suite for Texas DPS Airbus H125
- Philippine National Police to deploy two H125s in Davao Region
- Garmin adds new eLearning courses for G1000H NXi integrated flight deck
- Air Methods settles claim over severely corroded parts
- EHang completes Korean demo tour
- Tangent Link Announces Presentations for Aerial Firefighting Europe
- Rheinland Air Service Appointed as the First German Dealer for the Bell 505
- CAE to acquire TRU Simulation + Training Canada Inc
- Penzance Helicopters cancels schedules for over three months
- Bell appoints first 505 dealer in Germany
- State-of-the-art technology sets new standards in helicopter pilot training
- JETNET Demos Customized Solutions at VBACE
- Philippine National Police receive more Airbus H125s
- Safety Protocols at HAI Heli-Expo 2021
- MD to take MD530F on Southern California demo tour next week
- Air Methods appoints SVP of Clinical Services
- Brazil approves Van Horn Bell 206 v2 composite blades
- Wolfson Childrens Hospital adds helicopter