FAR Gambia Ltd have recently awarded offshore operator NHV a contract for the Provision of Helicopter Transport Services out of Banjul (Gambia). The Belgian based operator has said that they will be using two H155s to cover the work required.
Australian-owned FAR expanded its West African exploration portfolio in March 2017 in the offshore Mauritania-Senegal-Guinea-Bissau Conakry Basin (MSGBC) through a farm-in deal to acquire an 80% working interest and operatorship in two highly prospective offshore blocks, A2 and A5, in The Gambia.
In February 2018, FAR signed a farm-out agreement with PETRONAS, the Malaysian National Oil Company to assign a 40% interest in each of blocks A2 and A5 with FAR retaining a 40% interest. PETRONAS will fund 80% of total well costs of the Samo-1 well which is to be drilled in the Samo prospect in block A2 late 2018. The Samo prospect is assessed by FAR to contain prospective resources of 825mmbbls of oil*. PETRONAS will fund 80% of the total well costs of the Samo-1 exploration well up to a maximum of US$45 million plus cash of US$13.5 million to be paid on government approval. FAR will remain Operator through the exploration phase of the licences and PETRONAS has the right to become Operator for development.
Blocks A2 and A5 are adjacent to and on trend with FAR’s world class SNE oil field discovery and have significant exploration potential. The blocks cover an area of approximately 2,682km² within the rapidly emerging and prolific Mauritania-Senegal-Guinea-Bissau Conakry (‘MSGBC’) Basin. They lie approximately 30km offshore in water depths ranging from 50 to 1,200 metres.
Jeremy Parkin – HeliHub.com
- Airbus AS365/EC155 – EASA Proposed AD 20-127 : Tail Rotor Drive Flange
- Trump proposes import duties on Airbus helicopters built in EU
- Air Alderney prepares for EC155 scheduled services
- New mission systems extend the capabilities for the German Federal Police Air Support
- German Federal Police procures mission systems from ESG
- Metro Aviation deliveres EC155 to Penn State Health
- Heli Holland expand offshore fleet with two H155s and an H175
- VNH to open Hanoi to Halong Bay route in October
- VNH South completes test flight to Times Square rooftop pad in Ho Chi Minh City
- CHC to cut fleet by 90 by mid July
- Babcock wins German-based windfarm support contract
- Lao operator adds two Airbus H155s
- 15-Sep-15 Airbus EC155 Norwich, UK
- Airbus Helicopters details presence at China Helicopter Expo 2015 in Tianjin
- Airbus heads for 1,000th Dauphin 2 delivery
- 02-Apr-15 PP-LLS Airbus EC155B1 Carapicuiba, Brazil (5F)
- Three Dauphin deliveries and two orders for Japanese police and fire services
- Airbus to partner KAI for South Korea’s Light Civil and Light Armed Helicopters
- Starspeed Welcomes Three New Pilots
- Saft Batteries power EC175 APU