The first green helicopter earmarked for Indian Coast Guard has completed its build with installation of basic systems and had a successful maiden ground run here today. It was handed over to the Rotary Wing R&D Centre, a design house of HAL for integration and certification of 19 new systems. Director General Rajendra Singh, Indian Coast Guard, received the contract documents from Mr. T. Suvarna Raju, CMD-HAL during the event held to mark the occasion.
Speaking on the occasion, Mr. Raju said for the first time, HAL has entered into a contract with ICG that includes Performance Based Logistics (PBL) support after the delivery of Helicopters for five years. Already, HAL’s ALH Dhruv Helicopters have been extensively deployed by ICG for various roles such as Search and Rescue (SAR), casualty evacuation, armed patrol, coastal surveillance, VIP movement and the night SAR, he added.
Mr. Raju said that the order reflects the trust on HAL’s capabilities and gives an impetus to Make-in-India campaign. It reposes faith of the Indian Defence Forces in indigenous ALH which has been serving them with distinction for a long time.
The certified helicopter deliveries are scheduled to commence from 2020 onwards.
HAL had signed a contract worth around Rs. 5126 crore for supply of 16 ALHs (Fixed Wheel) to Indian Coast Guard(ICG) in five year timeframe in March 2017 to boost the Low Intensity Maritime Operations (LIMO) and Coast Security capabilities.
The first ALH Dhruv squadron of Indian Coast Guard was commissioned in March 2002 with its operational base at Indian Coast Guard Air Enclave (ICGAE), Goa.
- Falcon Aviation starts AW169 helicopter transport operations in Kuwait
- Vertical Flight Society to Highlight eVTOL Revolution at Heli-Expo 2019
- Upgrades to Inverness hospital life-Saving Helipad
- Portugal’s Air Force takes delivery of first two AW119Kx
- USCG starts MH-65E Initial Operational Test And Evaluation
- Honeywell to launch eVTOL hybrid-electric propulsion system at Heli-Expo 2019
- Advanced Turbine Engine Company Files Protest For ITEP
- Nominations Open for the International Aerial Firefighting Awards 2019
- Heligo receives its first H145
- DRF releases 2018 operating statistics
- IBAC Welcomes New IS-BAO Operations Manager
- HAL takes leading role in organising Aero India 2019
- Russian Helicopters identified potential partners in localization of Ka-226T in India
- DRF Luftrettung – “Use of unmanned aerial vehicles in emergency medicine”
- Genesys HeliSAS stability augmentation system now certified for IFR
- Ace Aeronautics sells three UH-60s to Austrian military
- DRF Luftrettung and Lufthansa Aviation Training cooperate
- Russian Helicopters to take part in Aero India 2019
- Canada donates surplus Coast Guard Bo105 to BCIT
- Major PHI shareholder issues Open Letter to Management