The Government is recommending an increase in the maximum draw prize from its current limit of £400,000 to £500,000. The consultation also ask for views on increasing the number of tickets society lotteries can sell to a value of £100 million per year and the amount they can raise per draw to £5 million.
Nicole Wastell, Lottery Manager at EHAAT said: “Essex & Herts Air Ambulance will soon reach the £10 million annual sales turnover limit set by the current lottery regulations. Unless the regulations are changed, we will be forced to take out a new licence and restructure our existing lottery, at an estimated total cost of £100,000.
“As a Charity which receives no central Government funding we believe our supporters across Essex & Hertfordshire would prefer us to spend this money delivering our life-saving service.
“Each year our Critical Care Teams are called to over 1,000 life-threatening incidents, at a total cost of £6.5 million. £100,000 could pay for us to attend an extra 40 missions or equip 65 premises, such as our charity shops, with defibrillators”.
On a recent visit to the Charity’s Earl’s Colne airbase Colchester MP Will Quince said: “It is far more important for charities to be spending money on delivering services – particularly those saving lives – rather than having to meet restrictive regulations”.
- Airbus H125 helicopters enter Austrian Ministry of Interior service
- ForeFlight Announces Launch of Dispatch
- DRF to upgrade Airbus H145 fleet to five-blade rotorhead
- DART Aerospace acquires key product lines and brand trademark
- Unique Aerospace Physiology and Human Performance Update Course to be provided at Heli-Expo 2020
- Flight testing begins for the first H225Ms for Kuwait
- Slovenian Police receive first of two AW169s
- LCI launches 1st helicopter co-investment vehicle
- Life Flight Network and Saint Alphonsus Celebrate 10 Years
- Rostec will offer renewal of South Korean Ka-32 fleet
- Leonardo appoints UI International as Korea distributor
- Safran selects Onsight AR platform for remote customer support
- Japanese Prefectures Place Orders for Bell 412EPI
- Air Methods Relocates Black Hills Life Flight Base to Rapid City
- New York Helicopter Charter files for bankruptcy protection
- Denel helicopters not affected by aerostructures business exit
- Honeywell upgrades power and fuel efficiency on T55 engine for Chinook
- Canada approves AS350/EC130 Crash-Resistant Fuel Tank
- Sikorsky Introduces RAIDER X™
- US Army trialing new helicopter pilot training program