At WAI’s 30th Annual International Women in Aviation Conference, at least 108 individual scholarships equaling $565,000 will be awarded. As is the tradition, these scholarships are available for both flight training and scholastic funding with specific scholarships earmarked for nearly every aspect of the aviation and aerospace community.
The scholarships will be awarded during WAI’s conference, held next year in Long Beach, California, from March 14-16, 2019. Additional scholarships will be added in the coming months, and the total value of awarded scholarships typically reaches more than $600,000 annually.
“With a WAI scholarship, attaining an aviation career becomes more possible when the financial burden is eased,” says WAI President Dr. Peggy Chabrian. “Our scholarships have literally changed the lives of the hundreds of women who have benefited from the generosity of benefactors ranging from multinational corporations to individuals.”
Most scholarship applications may be made online at wai.org. Interested applicants are urged to check wai.org periodically as new scholarships are added right up to the application deadline of November 12, 2018. For the second year, internships are offered along with scholarships.
“We have two important points about our scholarships. One is that there is a wide range of scholarships, both for academic study and for flight training, geared to a variety of people at every stage of their careers – including retirement. Second, you must be a WAI member to apply,” adds Dr. Chabrian.
Applicants must be a member of Women in Aviation International by November 1, 2018, and may apply for up to three scholarships. Internships are not included in the three per member scholarship limit. Scholarship applications must be submitted online or signed and postmarked by November 12, 2018.
Scholarships and application requirements may be found HERE.
- Derriford Hospital helipad sees 1700 landings in four years
- Geisinger Life Flight Implement WinAir Digital Signatures
- The Air Ambulance Service scoops national charity award
- Leonardo Helicopters picks workwear supplier for Yeovil production plant
- HAI Hires New Director of Government Affairs
- Heli-Parts Nevada acquired by Salus Aviation
- Heli-One appoints New VP H1 Operations
- DRF Luftrettung receives EURAMI certification
- Vertical Flight Society Announces Winner of 2019 Alfred Gessow Best Paper Award
- WJZ-CBS Baltimore Adds Robinson R66 Newscopter
- 1st CAB Commander Makes Final Flight
- Star Navigation Announces MEDEVAC Agreement with Airmedic Inc.
- Airbus makes changes to its Executive Committee
- 13th Annual Electric Aircraft Symposium Lands in Oshkosh
- USHST Perceives a Deadly Trend for the Helicopter Industry
- Ipswich Hospital helipad marks first anniversary
- Meghalaya State Government to extend helicopter service?
- London’s Air Ambulance treats 40,000th patient
- HAL seeks private investment to expand Dhruv production
- NHV Expands Executive Team