The U.S. Small Business Administration (SBA) 2018 Pacific Northwest Region Small Business Exporter of the Year is Aviation Specialties Unlimited, Inc. in Boise, Idaho.
Founded in 1995, Aviation Specialties Unlimited, Inc. (ASU) is a trusted provider of integrated Night Vision Imaging Systems (NVIS) that significantly increase operational safety and improve mission capabilities for nighttime aerial operators. ASU serves aerial operators around the world performing critical missions like emergency service, firefighting, law enforcement, search and rescue. ASU equips operators with the most advanced night vision goggles (NVGs), and highly skilled instructors to train pilots to with the NVGs. ASU facilitates regulatory compliance and sustainment with aircraft and goggle certification, training, approved replacement parts, and ongoing service.
“It is so exciting to know that SBA had a part albeit a very small one, in the tremendous success of Aviation Specialties, Unlimited.” SBA Boise District Director Gary Eisenbraun said. “It is companies like this, that reflect the first-rate entrepreneurial spirit and ‘do –anything’ attitude to succeed, that truly sums up the desire to stay ahead in a very competitive environment. ASU is one company that has led the way for innovation and creativity.”
The SBA Small Business Exporter of the Year award – part of National Small Business Week April 29-May 5, 2018 – recognizes small businesses engaged in exporting for at least three years. Winners must demonstrate significant increase in export sales, profits and job growth, creative overseas marketing strategies, encouragement of other small businesses to export, and cooperation in the creation of export trading companies or introduction of unique trading relationships, products, or services.
In addition to being honored as the SBA 2018 Boise District Exporter of the Year, Aviation Specialties Unlimited, Inc. was also selected as the SBA 2018 Pacific Northwest Region Exporter of the Year among winners from Alaska, Idaho, Oregon and Washington. The regional winner is one of 10 finalists for the SBA National Exporter of the Year award.
- Black Hills Life Flight adds blood and plasma to all flights
- Kaikoura Helicopters partners with marine welfare organisation
- Ace Aeronautics Earns STC for ACE DECK VL-60 Integrated Flight Deck
- A Reduction in Helicopter Operations Leads to a Reduction in Accidents
- Airbus marks 60 years of long-standing partnership with Japan
- Ultimate Heli Renewal of ISO 9001:2015 Certification
- Leonardo delivers its first basic training AW169 to the Italian Army
- Airbus forms Team Nightjar for Australian special ops bid
- Boston MedFlight Reaches 80,000 Patient Transport Milestone
- US approves sale of one Sikorsky UH-60M to Jordan
- Northrop Grumman Supports Government Flight Testing of the MQ-8C Fire Scout Radar
- TUM developing AR solution for ship landings in rough seas
- DRF take stock of the corona pandemic in Germany
- DSCA approves sale of 6 UH-60M to Lithuania
- AirLink lands at Klamath County Fire District
- Accel-KKR and ParkerGale join forces to back ATP in its acquisition of FlightDocs
- New helipad opens at Royal Devon and Exeter hospital
- DRF tests droplet spread inside helicopters
- HeliTSA launches Rolls-Royce M250/RR300 engine training
- UK AAIB Bulletin – July 2020