The U.S. Small Business Administration (SBA) 2018 Pacific Northwest Region Small Business Exporter of the Year is Aviation Specialties Unlimited, Inc. in Boise, Idaho.
Founded in 1995, Aviation Specialties Unlimited, Inc. (ASU) is a trusted provider of integrated Night Vision Imaging Systems (NVIS) that significantly increase operational safety and improve mission capabilities for nighttime aerial operators. ASU serves aerial operators around the world performing critical missions like emergency service, firefighting, law enforcement, search and rescue. ASU equips operators with the most advanced night vision goggles (NVGs), and highly skilled instructors to train pilots to with the NVGs. ASU facilitates regulatory compliance and sustainment with aircraft and goggle certification, training, approved replacement parts, and ongoing service.
“It is so exciting to know that SBA had a part albeit a very small one, in the tremendous success of Aviation Specialties, Unlimited.” SBA Boise District Director Gary Eisenbraun said. “It is companies like this, that reflect the first-rate entrepreneurial spirit and ‘do –anything’ attitude to succeed, that truly sums up the desire to stay ahead in a very competitive environment. ASU is one company that has led the way for innovation and creativity.”
The SBA Small Business Exporter of the Year award – part of National Small Business Week April 29-May 5, 2018 – recognizes small businesses engaged in exporting for at least three years. Winners must demonstrate significant increase in export sales, profits and job growth, creative overseas marketing strategies, encouragement of other small businesses to export, and cooperation in the creation of export trading companies or introduction of unique trading relationships, products, or services.
In addition to being honored as the SBA 2018 Boise District Exporter of the Year, Aviation Specialties Unlimited, Inc. was also selected as the SBA 2018 Pacific Northwest Region Exporter of the Year among winners from Alaska, Idaho, Oregon and Washington. The regional winner is one of 10 finalists for the SBA National Exporter of the Year award.
- Major PHI shareholder issues Open Letter to Management
- Jämtlandsflyg to seize operations
- Aeronautical Accessories to distribute GPMS HUMS for 407 i
- FAA Establishes Restrictions on Drone Operations over DOJ and DOD Facilities
- ESG offering Smart Mission Display for helicopters and mission aircraft
- Rosoboronexport Ready to Expand Cooperation
- Kopter Group will exhibit its SH09 at Heli-Expo 2019
- Devon Air Ambulance flies 27,000th mission
- Airbus eDynamic troubleshooting tool
- Airbus Keycopter at Heli-Expo 2019
- 8 Golden Rules About Weather and Helicopter Flights
- Southwest Fuel Systems Announces Facility Relocation and Expansion
- New Trustee for Taranaki Rescue Helicopter Trust
- UK EMS charities invited to bid for share of £10m funding
- Israel orders seven Leonardo AW119Kx trainers to replace Bell 206s
- Boeing Awarded $13M Contract for Qatar Armed Forces AH-64E Support
- Leonardo opens a new facility in Pisa
- 17-Feb-19 LN-ORH Robinson R44 Røldal, Norway (2F)
- 17-Feb-19 ZK- Airbus AS350 Nelson, New Zealand
- DART gets TCCA approval for its improved H130 Emergency Flotation System