The Russian Helicopters holding company, a member of the Rostec State Corporation, delivered six Mi-17-1V vehicles to the border troops of the Republic of India. The vehicles were repaired by the Novosibirsk Aircraft Repair Plant (NARP).
“NARP repairs Mi-8/17 type helicopters for a wide circle of foreign operators, but it was its first contract with the border troops. During the acceptance procedure, the customer’s delegation verified the results of the works and the technologies applied by the company. The plant was highly appreciated by the Indian military experts, and now we are discussing further cooperation opportunities,” stated Igor Chechikov, Deputy CEO for Aftersales Service of the Russian Helicopters holding company.
NARP experts performed the entire cycle of overhaul works for the Indian helicopters. In the nearest future, the batch of Mi-17-1V will be dispatched to their base where the final acceptance certificate will be signed after the test flights.
“Today, border troops are an independent unit of the Ministry of Internal Affairs of India under a unified command. They are considered to be the largest border troops in the world. Armed forces have a large fleet and huge experience in intense operation of Mi helicopters, so their choice of NARP suggests that the Indian customers highly appreciate the quality of our work,” noted Alexey Belykh, Managing Director of NARP.
- Derriford Hospital helipad sees 1700 landings in four years
- Geisinger Life Flight Implement WinAir Digital Signatures
- The Air Ambulance Service scoops national charity award
- Leonardo Helicopters picks workwear supplier for Yeovil production plant
- HAI Hires New Director of Government Affairs
- Heli-Parts Nevada acquired by Salus Aviation
- Heli-One appoints New VP H1 Operations
- DRF Luftrettung receives EURAMI certification
- Vertical Flight Society Announces Winner of 2019 Alfred Gessow Best Paper Award
- WJZ-CBS Baltimore Adds Robinson R66 Newscopter
- 1st CAB Commander Makes Final Flight
- Star Navigation Announces MEDEVAC Agreement with Airmedic Inc.
- Airbus makes changes to its Executive Committee
- 13th Annual Electric Aircraft Symposium Lands in Oshkosh
- USHST Perceives a Deadly Trend for the Helicopter Industry
- Ipswich Hospital helipad marks first anniversary
- Meghalaya State Government to extend helicopter service?
- London’s Air Ambulance treats 40,000th patient
- HAL seeks private investment to expand Dhruv production
- NHV Expands Executive Team