The Russian Helicopters holding company, a member of the Rostec State Corporation, delivered six Mi-17-1V vehicles to the border troops of the Republic of India. The vehicles were repaired by the Novosibirsk Aircraft Repair Plant (NARP).
“NARP repairs Mi-8/17 type helicopters for a wide circle of foreign operators, but it was its first contract with the border troops. During the acceptance procedure, the customer’s delegation verified the results of the works and the technologies applied by the company. The plant was highly appreciated by the Indian military experts, and now we are discussing further cooperation opportunities,” stated Igor Chechikov, Deputy CEO for Aftersales Service of the Russian Helicopters holding company.
NARP experts performed the entire cycle of overhaul works for the Indian helicopters. In the nearest future, the batch of Mi-17-1V will be dispatched to their base where the final acceptance certificate will be signed after the test flights.
“Today, border troops are an independent unit of the Ministry of Internal Affairs of India under a unified command. They are considered to be the largest border troops in the world. Armed forces have a large fleet and huge experience in intense operation of Mi helicopters, so their choice of NARP suggests that the Indian customers highly appreciate the quality of our work,” noted Alexey Belykh, Managing Director of NARP.
- Global AirParts announces S-76 part out from LCI
- Boost Human External Cargo Systems gains FAA STC for MD500
- Voler Aviation Services add third helicopter type to training fleet
- Cobham’s RT-7000 Granted FAA TSOA
- Sikorsky awarded $550M contract for delivery of 6 CH-53K
- Foreign Military Sale to TECRO of 100 Harpoon Coastal Defense Systems
- MNP makes significant contribution to STARS fleet renewal program
- MissionGO Completes Longest Organ Delivery Flight via UAS
- Babock re-launches scheduled services in Spain with AW139
- Deadline for Salute to Excellence Awards Nominations closes Friday
- Bell Boeing awarded $27M contract for removal, repair and replacement of V-22 spindle bearings
- Vertical Aerospace secures £2.3 million UK Government funding
- Courts validates Air Methods $78 million settlement
- Baker Hughes Rig Count – 23 Oct 20
- Sikorsky awarded $13M contract for UH-60M Black Hawk
- VMM-163 launch oceanographic sensors from MV-22B Osprey
- Kaman announces date for 2020Q3 earnings
- CPI Aerostructures Receives Orders Totaling $1.4M
- Liaoning accelerates the construction of aviation fire emergency rescue system
- Mountain Area Medical Airlift adds EC145e to fleet