The Russian Helicopters holding company, a member of the Rostec State Corporation, delivered six Mi-17-1V vehicles to the border troops of the Republic of India. The vehicles were repaired by the Novosibirsk Aircraft Repair Plant (NARP).
“NARP repairs Mi-8/17 type helicopters for a wide circle of foreign operators, but it was its first contract with the border troops. During the acceptance procedure, the customer’s delegation verified the results of the works and the technologies applied by the company. The plant was highly appreciated by the Indian military experts, and now we are discussing further cooperation opportunities,” stated Igor Chechikov, Deputy CEO for Aftersales Service of the Russian Helicopters holding company.
NARP experts performed the entire cycle of overhaul works for the Indian helicopters. In the nearest future, the batch of Mi-17-1V will be dispatched to their base where the final acceptance certificate will be signed after the test flights.
“Today, border troops are an independent unit of the Ministry of Internal Affairs of India under a unified command. They are considered to be the largest border troops in the world. Armed forces have a large fleet and huge experience in intense operation of Mi helicopters, so their choice of NARP suggests that the Indian customers highly appreciate the quality of our work,” noted Alexey Belykh, Managing Director of NARP.
- Flight testing begins for the first H225Ms for Kuwait
- Slovenian Police receive first of two AW169s
- LCI launches 1st helicopter co-investment vehicle
- Life Flight Network and Saint Alphonsus Celebrate 10 Years
- Rostec will offer renewal of South Korean Ka-32 fleet
- Leonardo appoints UI International as Korea distributor
- Safran selects Onsight AR platform for remote customer support
- Japanese Prefectures Place Orders for Bell 412EPI
- Air Methods Relocates Black Hills Life Flight Base to Rapid City
- New York Helicopter Charter files for bankruptcy protection
- Denel helicopters not affected by aerostructures business exit
- Honeywell upgrades power and fuel efficiency on T55 engine for Chinook
- Canada approves AS350/EC130 Crash-Resistant Fuel Tank
- Sikorsky Introduces RAIDER X™
- US Army trialing new helicopter pilot training program
- NFAC tests next-generation military helicopter
- Aero Asset’s Q3 Preowned Helicopter Market Trends show improving conditions
- Sikorsky Showcases New Combat Rescue Helicopter
- UK Helicopter Museum celebrates 30 years
- Helity appointed AW139 Maintenance Centre by Leonardo