The Russian Helicopters holding company, a member of the Rostec State Corporation, delivered six Mi-17-1V vehicles to the border troops of the Republic of India. The vehicles were repaired by the Novosibirsk Aircraft Repair Plant (NARP).
“NARP repairs Mi-8/17 type helicopters for a wide circle of foreign operators, but it was its first contract with the border troops. During the acceptance procedure, the customer’s delegation verified the results of the works and the technologies applied by the company. The plant was highly appreciated by the Indian military experts, and now we are discussing further cooperation opportunities,” stated Igor Chechikov, Deputy CEO for Aftersales Service of the Russian Helicopters holding company.
NARP experts performed the entire cycle of overhaul works for the Indian helicopters. In the nearest future, the batch of Mi-17-1V will be dispatched to their base where the final acceptance certificate will be signed after the test flights.
“Today, border troops are an independent unit of the Ministry of Internal Affairs of India under a unified command. They are considered to be the largest border troops in the world. Armed forces have a large fleet and huge experience in intense operation of Mi helicopters, so their choice of NARP suggests that the Indian customers highly appreciate the quality of our work,” noted Alexey Belykh, Managing Director of NARP.
- Far East air force looking to lease eight utility helicopters
- Hawaii Air Tour Task Force to Address Safety and Noise
- Genesys Adds Integration with PS Engineering
- Helinet announces new president and COO
- 2019 mission statistics of the DRF Group
- Nepal – Summit Helicopters rebrands back to original Fishtail Air name
- Airbus appoints Head of External Communications
- Garmin® unveils the fourth generation GPS/NAV/COMM
- Boeing delivered more new Apaches than 737s in 2019 Q4
- Farewell Message from Matt Zuccaro as he hands over HAI
- Manufacturing of Tiltrotor AW609 wind tunnel model via SLS and Windform
- Sikorsky, Rheinmetall Unveil Plans for German Heavy-Lift CH-53K
- Vertical Flight Society Announces Continued Strong Growth
- Era Group Names Senior Vice President of Business Development
- Schiebel Camcopter S-100 deployed for river pollution crisis in Malaysia
- 25,000 missions for Essex & Herts Air Ambulance
- Bristow used Chapter 11 process to drop Airbus H175 order
- US Navy awards $2.68 Billion contract for APKWS rockets
- THOMMEN delivers first multi function displays for the AW129
- Milestone Aviation Group names CEO