The Russian Helicopters holding company, a member of the Rostec State Corporation, delivered six Mi-17-1V vehicles to the border troops of the Republic of India. The vehicles were repaired by the Novosibirsk Aircraft Repair Plant (NARP).
“NARP repairs Mi-8/17 type helicopters for a wide circle of foreign operators, but it was its first contract with the border troops. During the acceptance procedure, the customer’s delegation verified the results of the works and the technologies applied by the company. The plant was highly appreciated by the Indian military experts, and now we are discussing further cooperation opportunities,” stated Igor Chechikov, Deputy CEO for Aftersales Service of the Russian Helicopters holding company.
NARP experts performed the entire cycle of overhaul works for the Indian helicopters. In the nearest future, the batch of Mi-17-1V will be dispatched to their base where the final acceptance certificate will be signed after the test flights.
“Today, border troops are an independent unit of the Ministry of Internal Affairs of India under a unified command. They are considered to be the largest border troops in the world. Armed forces have a large fleet and huge experience in intense operation of Mi helicopters, so their choice of NARP suggests that the Indian customers highly appreciate the quality of our work,” noted Alexey Belykh, Managing Director of NARP.
- Q1 production analysis – Airbus rises while every other OEM falls
- Nigerian Navy receives AW139 helicopter
- Penn College aviation students receive industry scholarships
- EHang wins approval for autonomous air logistics operations
- Genesys flight testing their avionics suite on Black Hawks
- Pulselite® Bird Strike Prevention System STC Expanded to Include Bell 429 and Bell 505
- EBAA to provide members with live aviation security alerts from Osprey
- COVID-19 – AW139 supporting COVID-19 operations in Canada
- Babcock Selects Bell 429 for Australian Special Forces bid
- UKMFTS program adds first of four additional Airbus H145s
- ACC Aviation Partners with AeroMedical
- Wings Air Helicopters offers free flights for healthcare professionals
- Wingcopter is one of 9 winners of German Government’s €24M hackathon
- Leonardo AW159 Wildcat conducts first successful firings of Thales ‘Martlet’ LMM
- Swiss training solution company VRM completes second funding round
- Christoph 49 celebrates 20 years of takeover by the DRF Luftrettung
- Intrinsic Aviation announces JV with Arena Investors
- COVID19 – CHC cancels 2020 Safety & Quality Summit
- COVID19 – Scottish island to receive pandemic test kits by drone
- COVID19 – EpiShuttle arrives in France for evaluation