Experts of the Progress Arsenyev Aviation Company of the Russian Helicopters holding company (a member of the Rostec State Corporation) prepare the flight model of the Ka-62 multirole helicopter for preliminary flight tests. Body structures of the anti-torque rotor and the tail group have been improved, and a typical design transmission has been installed. As expected, the preliminary test phase for Ka-62 certification will start by the end of 2018.
The Ka-62 project entered its active stage of implementation in 2012 by a demonstration of the improved design mock-up helicopter at the HeliRussia 2018 International Exhibition of Helicopter Industry. It was expected to commence certification of the vehicle three years later, but the results of first tests required some improvements. As of today, the Russian Helicopters holding company has overcome all technical challenges, and the project has been developing in compliance with the schedule since December 2016.
Three prototypes of Ka-62 have been built bythe Progress Arsenyev Aviation Company. According to the approved plan, the first helicopter will be subjected to vibration frequency tests in mid-July to verify the efficiency of new improvements. If the test results so require, additional improvements will be made in the body structures of the anti-torque rotor and the tail group of all three flight models of helicopters.
The second flight model of Ka-62 has been delivered to the test checks and electrical systems workshop. Its on-board system will be tested in a computer-simulated environment and recalibrated. The third flight model of this vehicle will be tested soon thereafter.
- Falcon Aviation starts AW169 helicopter transport operations in Kuwait
- Vertical Flight Society to Highlight eVTOL Revolution at Heli-Expo 2019
- Upgrades to Inverness hospital life-Saving Helipad
- Portugal’s Air Force takes delivery of first two AW119Kx
- USCG starts MH-65E Initial Operational Test And Evaluation
- Honeywell to launch eVTOL hybrid-electric propulsion system at Heli-Expo 2019
- Advanced Turbine Engine Company Files Protest For ITEP
- Nominations Open for the International Aerial Firefighting Awards 2019
- Heligo receives its first H145
- DRF releases 2018 operating statistics
- IBAC Welcomes New IS-BAO Operations Manager
- HAL takes leading role in organising Aero India 2019
- Russian Helicopters identified potential partners in localization of Ka-226T in India
- DRF Luftrettung – “Use of unmanned aerial vehicles in emergency medicine”
- Genesys HeliSAS stability augmentation system now certified for IFR
- Ace Aeronautics sells three UH-60s to Austrian military
- DRF Luftrettung and Lufthansa Aviation Training cooperate
- Russian Helicopters to take part in Aero India 2019
- Canada donates surplus Coast Guard Bo105 to BCIT
- Major PHI shareholder issues Open Letter to Management