The Airborne Public Safety Conference (APSCON) from 9 to 11 July in Louisville, KY, marks the site for the debut of Kopter’s SH09 multi-mission helicopter in an advanced public safety configuration engineered for Kopter by Metro Aviation in Shreveport, LA.
Known primarily for their expertise in air-medical completions, Metro Aviation has expanded their proficiency in the design, production and completion of police helicopters. Metro Aviation now offers some of the most comprehensive and advanced mission packages available to the industry.
Kopter’s SH09 law enforcement display will also be fitted and equipped with cutting edge surveillance and illumination capability in the TRAKKA Systems A800 a multispectral, state of the art, high speed searchlight; the TC-300 a 4 axis gyro-stabilized multispectral imaging system and the TM-100 latest generation of 3D augmented reality mapping and recording system. When combined with a loiter capability of over 4 hours and aided by a fully enclosed tail-rotor, these systems will offer a powerful, stealthy and mission capable platform ideal for extended surveillances, radical pursuits and reliable air to ground operations support over extended crime scenes.
Further confirming the SH09’s robust capability, Kopter will also display the new Garmin-3000H, IFRcapable avionics and electronics deck, featuring access to VFR/IFR helicopter charts including WAAS/SBAS, ILS approach capability, synthetic vision technology as well as Connext® wireless integration. The advantages of the Garmin system result in new latitudes of safety through the tremendous upgrade to pilot situational awareness.
The sum of all these capabilities combined with the SH09’s large cabin volume, wide range of visibility, power, endurance, speed and reliability results in the most comprehensive airborne package ever made available to airborne law enforcement in North America. The SH09 makes all this possible in a single-engine helicopter with the cabin volume, equipment and options otherwise mostly found on twin-engine aircrafts and does it for the acquisition and operational costs of a single-engine turbine helicopter.
President of Kopter North America LLC in charge of sales, marketing and customer support, Larry Roberts, commented, “I started my career as an officer flying police helicopters and I’ve had the honor to serve and work closely with many airborne law enforcement programs throughout the country. To me the SH09 represents the perfect combination of all the needs and desires of a multi-mission helicopter, allowing our airborne first responders to best serve their respective communities. I look forward to working with those agencies for the operational launch of the SH09 in their respective Jurisdictions”.
- Slovenian Police receive first of two AW169s
- LCI launches 1st helicopter co-investment vehicle
- Life Flight Network and Saint Alphonsus Celebrate 10 Years
- Rostec will offer renewal of South Korean Ka-32 fleet
- Leonardo appoints UI International as Korea distributor
- Safran selects Onsight AR platform for remote customer support
- Japanese Prefectures Place Orders for Bell 412EPI
- Air Methods Relocates Black Hills Life Flight Base to Rapid City
- New York Helicopter Charter files for bankruptcy protection
- Denel helicopters not affected by aerostructures business exit
- Honeywell upgrades power and fuel efficiency on T55 engine for Chinook
- Canada approves AS350/EC130 Crash-Resistant Fuel Tank
- Sikorsky Introduces RAIDER X™
- US Army trialing new helicopter pilot training program
- NFAC tests next-generation military helicopter
- Aero Asset’s Q3 Preowned Helicopter Market Trends show improving conditions
- Sikorsky Showcases New Combat Rescue Helicopter
- UK Helicopter Museum celebrates 30 years
- Helity appointed AW139 Maintenance Centre by Leonardo
- Bell Appoints China State Grid GA as a Bell429 Authorized Maintenance Center