Specialists of the VR-Technologies construction bureau owned by Russian Helicopters affiliated to Rostec State Corporation started aerodynamic tests of the light utility helicopter VRT500 at the Central Aerohydrodynamic Institute.
The copter was for the first time introduced to public at the International Helicopter Industry Exhibition HeliRussia-2018 that took place at the end of May in Krasnogorsk, Moscow Region. VRT500 is the first chopper of the holding in the segment of light vehicles with a takeoff weight up to 2 tons. Flying vehicles of the type currently constitute 18% of world’s fleet of copters.
Light copters are among those in high demand, they are the ones mostly used by private buyers. The VRT500 features great aircraft performance characteristics, which combined with an attractive price, should assure its success not only in domestic but in foreign markets, too. According to projections Russian helicopters can take up to 15% of the world market of such aircrafts before 2035.
VRT500 is a light single-engine helicopter with a Contra Rotating Propeller Drive System and a takeoff weight of 1600 kg. The aircraft has the largest cargo-and-passenger cabin in its class with a total capacity of up to 5 people. It is equipped with an interactive control system. The design performance characteristics allows it to move at a speed up to 250 km/h, cover distances of up to 860 km, carry up to 730 kg of pay load. Passenger, multi-purpose, cargo, training, VIP and search-and-rescue modifications of the copter are envisaged.
- Ehang supports Urban Air Mobility themed hotel
- COVID-19 – Ansat to transport patients with COVID-19 in isolation modules
- US Army test launches UAS from Black Hawk
- Australia – Rio Tintopledges A$500,000 to CareFlight
- Hereford County Hospital helipad is now open
- HAI Statement on NTSB Public Meeting of Survival Flight fatal accident
- Metro Aviation announces new Director of Operations
- Kaman K-MAX® Continues as a Proven Firefighting Asset
- COVID-19 – Airbus provides range of support help for customers
- AAMS Statement on NTSB Public Meeting of Survival Flight fatal accident
- ICRR funding boost sees AW109 return to 7 day working from June
- EBAA supports calls for cooperation on safe integration of drones
- ARGUS International & AirNav Systems Strategic Partnership
- DTN AviationSentry for Helicopters Launches in Europe
- Precision Support Services hires new General Manager
- Babcock MCS Italia loses first appeal over €51 Million fine
- Philippine attack helicopter purchase descends into deadlock
- HAI appoints VP of Marketing Communications
- MD Helicopters aims to overturn $7.6M Dutch Police judgement
- COVID19 – Christoph München in action with EpiShuttle