EASA (European Aviation Safety Agency) Special Purpose Operator (Part-SPO) status has been achieved by Nova Systems UK, an arm of the Australian Nova Group.
Using its EC135 helicopter G-NSYS, the Nova team has worked hard to deliver the safety systems and organisational structures required by the Agency. Nova now adds this important operating declaration to its existing Part 21 Flight Test capability.
This award means that Nova Systems can utilise its aircraft to deliver an extensive range of commercial aerial work operations, including specialised activities in industries such as agriculture, construction, photography, surveying, observation, patrol and aerial advertisement.
Stephen Camporeale, CEO of Nova Systems UK said:
“The ability to deliver a broader range of operations marks a step-change in Nova Systems UK aerial delivery capability.”
“With our commitment to the highest levels of professional project delivery and efficiency we continue to aim to simplify airborne test in the interests of our customers.”
These important additions enable Nova Systems to provide customers with end-to-end airborne flight test and evaluation services, which are not wholly reliant on major aircraft modifications. These services can range from the airborne assessment of pilot assistant devices, such as airborne tablets through collision avoidance equipment to the delivery of electro optical or electronic assessment of ground targets or warships.
Mark Purvis, Lead Helicopter Test Pilot said: “Having already delivered a number of helicopter flight tests for our customers we knew we needed to enhance our offer through EASA Part SPO status. This major expansion in our aviation operations status really does provide our customers with a full spectrum of capabilities”
Nova Systems operates its EC135 out of Thruxton airfield in north Hampshire, close to the MOD’s Salisbury Plain Training Area. It will be exhibiting at Farnborough International Airshow 2018 in Hall 4.
- Airbus consolidates its global digital strategy
- Landing Support team completes V-22 night taining
- New CAP 1747 Report Identifies Optimum Strategy for Flight Crew HTAWS Alerts
- Indonesian Army selects 9 Bell 412EPI
- NHV expands executive team
- HAL LCH Demonstrates Unique Capability
- Sikorsky Awarded $7M Contract for CH-53K Systems Modifications
- Adar Poonawalla takes delivery of India’s first ACH145
- Helijet supports Power To Be with new partnership
- HeliOffshore Appoints New Chief Operating Officer
- Unique Aerospace Physiology and Human Performance Update Course to be provided at Heli-Expo 2019
- Triumph Awarded DLA Contract Extension
- Sikorsky grants Make-A-Wish® Foundation with a S-76 ride
- 7 trainee paramedics start at HIOW Air Ambulance
- Bristow FY2019 Q3 earnings release and concall scheduled
- Donate Items to the HFI Silent Auction
- USMC receives last UH-1Y Venom
- NEMSPA/USHST Joint IFR Helicopter Pilot Survey
- NHRMC Stations AirLink Aircraft at Medical Center
- CHC wins planning approval for Aberdeen facility upgrade