Airbus Helicopters Inc. will be exhibiting its role as the North American market leader for new law enforcement helicopters at the Airborne Public Safety Association Conference (APSCON) Expo July 11-13, at the Kentucky Exposition Center in Louisville, Ky. at Booth #809.
An H125, the best-selling, high-performance helicopter for airborne law enforcement, owned by Seminole County Sheriff’s Office will be on display by Airbus at the show. When the time came for Seminole County to select a replacement helicopter in 2017, the Florida department chose a second Airbus H125 to add to their fleet.
“It’s an incredible machine that’s perfect for what we do,” said Seminole County Lieutenant Steve Farris. “We were already sold on the Airbus products since we bought our first aircraft 12 years ago. We purchased a new H125 in 2013, and when it came time to replace a 2006 AS350 model, we knew exactly what aircraft we needed.”
Seminole County flies patrol, search and rescue hoist mission, fire suppression, and SWAT team fast rope deployments with the H125.
“For our law enforcement missions the open cockpit gives us great visibility and allows everyone to be in one open cabin, and the high capacity cargo hook allows us to carry 210-gallon Bambi buckets for firefighting,” said Farris.
The Airbus H125 accounts for nearly half of all new law enforcement aircraft delivered in North America since 2007. Airbus has delivered 20 H125s to law enforcement agencies in the U.S. and Canada in the last 18 months. This year alone, H125s have entered service for organizations including Seminole County, Broward County (Fla.) Sheriff’s Office, San Bernardino County (Calif.) Sheriff’s Department, and Ontario (Calif.) Police Department.
No other single-engine helicopter on the market can perform the wide variety of tasks as the H125. Law enforcement agencies tout the H125 for its performance, reliability, and versatility, and it is renowned for its superior hot and high performance. The aircraft is capable of carrying a wide range of thermal imagers, searchlights, hoists and other mission gear.
Airbus builds the H125 for North America at its final assembly plant in Columbus, Miss., which also produces the UH-72A Lakota for the U.S. Army.
“We continue to lead this market by producing highly capable and versatile aircraft and providing industry-leading support to our customers,” said Chris Emerson, President of Airbus Helicopters Inc. and head of the North America region. “We’re proud to build the cutting-edge H125 helicopter in Mississippi. It’s a prime example of how Airbus is expanding its presence and industrial footprint in the United States.”
Airbus is the North American market leader in law enforcement helicopters, with a 58 percent market share since 2007 and 83 percent market share in 2017.
- Ultimate Heli Renewal of ISO 9001:2015 Certification
- Leonardo delivers its first basic training AW169 to the Italian Army
- Airbus forms Team Nightjar for Australian special ops bid
- Boston MedFlight Reaches 80,000 Patient Transport Milestone
- US approves sale of one Sikorsky UH-60M to Jordan
- Northrop Grumman Supports Government Flight Testing of the MQ-8C Fire Scout Radar
- TUM developing AR solution for ship landings in rough seas
- DRF take stock of the corona pandemic in Germany
- DSCA approves sale of 6 UH-60M to Lithuania
- AirLink lands at Klamath County Fire District
- Accel-KKR and ParkerGale join forces to back ATP in its acquisition of FlightDocs
- New helipad opens at Royal Devon and Exeter hospital
- DRF tests droplet spread inside helicopters
- HeliTSA launches Rolls-Royce M250/RR300 engine training
- UK AAIB Bulletin – July 2020
- 14th Annual Electric Aircraft Symposium Goes Virtual
- New South Wales Government supports eVTOL development with grant
- HeliOffshore Appoints Chief Executive Officer
- Patria consolidates its helicopter maintenance operations in Norway
- Russian Helicopters delivers two Mi-8MTV-1 to Yamal Airlines